PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever....

darell1976
July 24th, 2010, 06:49 PM
been to every game on your team's schedule?

I think it would be fun to attend all the road games along with all the home games, but with some conferences teams are so spread out money would be a big issue. For the GWFC it would be a challenge to attend them all when there are only 4 conference games across 3 time zones then the OOC games spread across the country. But I think that would be a challenge that I would love to do one day.

TexasTerror
July 24th, 2010, 07:07 PM
Done it for a basketball team before...

Traveled to several states I had never been to before - Kansas, Colorado, Oklahoma.

Maybe one of these days, I'll try it with a football team.

SideLine Shooter
July 24th, 2010, 07:49 PM
The last football game that I missed was the season opener in 2005 at EKU. Screwed up and scheduled something else. It has been a great time.

Eaglesrus
July 24th, 2010, 08:35 PM
Yes, year before last. Would have done it again last year but for my Father-in-law's quadruple by-pass (we actually traveled to Spartanburg on Friday for our game with Wofford, but got a call and had to drive back to Savannah before the game Saturday morning) and this year will only miss one due to a wedding. I believe there are several GA Southern fans that have made all of our games for multiple years.

GAD
July 24th, 2010, 08:39 PM
Bet ya a dollar SUjagtillidie has

SU DOG
July 24th, 2010, 08:41 PM
YEP!! Been there done that and it was lots of fun.

jlandrus23
July 24th, 2010, 08:54 PM
I have never done it, but I hope to one day.

TheValleyRaider
July 24th, 2010, 09:00 PM
Closest I came was my Junior year, 2005. Made 11 of ou 12 games, including the postseason contest at New Hampshire. Only missed the road game at Georgetown

Rest of my collegiate career:
2003 - 11 of 16
2004 - 9 of 11
2006 - 9 of 11

Being a band member really helped with the road trips xthumbsupx

MNBISON
July 24th, 2010, 09:58 PM
There is a poster on Bisonville by the name of roadwarrior who has been to 328 Bison football games in a row. That is home and away, so I'd say he's earned his name.

darell1976
July 24th, 2010, 10:19 PM
There is a poster on Bisonville by the name of roadwarrior who has been to 328 Bison football games in a row. That is home and away, so I'd say he's earned his name.

Holy crap!!!xbowx I am sure he has seen some great Sioux-Bison games in that streak. The best I have done is all the Sioux home games in 1993. I was a Jr. in high school. Saw UND break the 12 year losing streak to NDSU, and saw my first home playoff game.

McNeese75
July 24th, 2010, 10:20 PM
I missed one game in 2004 and have made them all since. I plan on seeing them all this year as well. We have an avid fan who has not missed a game since the early 70's (He runs the Geauxcowboys website) His streak is approaching or has surpassed 400 straight games. xhurrayx

JMUNJ08
July 24th, 2010, 10:29 PM
8 of 12 in '06 - 5 Home
10 of 14 in '08 - 9 Home

CAA isn't the easiest conference for away games...Now live too far away to try this feat. As I am sure most of you know, away games at opponents stadiums are a great experience!

bjtheflamesfan
July 24th, 2010, 11:52 PM
THe closest Ive done is every home game since 2003. (seven year stretch)

lionsrking2
July 25th, 2010, 12:30 AM
Missed the final game of the 2004 season, and had to miss the Sam Houston game in 2007 due to a family function in NYC...otherwise, I've been to every game since 2003.

SUjagTILLiDIE
July 25th, 2010, 05:57 AM
Bet ya a dollar SUjagtillidie hasYep. Didnt make the Texas Southern game last year(Snow, and frustrated with Pete), first game I missed in years.

Ud1Hens
July 25th, 2010, 07:20 AM
In 2007, as a UD student, I went to every regular season game (relatively easy road slate to attend including Nova, Towson, Navy, then the two tougher ones William and Mary and New Hampshire). Then I went to 2 of the 2 playoff games (Del St @ home and App St in Chatty...missing Northern Iowa and S. Illinois). So overall 13 of 15 games but every reg. reason game. Awesome road trips with friends.

SFA 93
July 25th, 2010, 08:18 AM
The closest I've done is every UT (Longhorns) home game since 1999. Season ticket holder for over a decade now.

Tribe4SF
July 25th, 2010, 08:57 AM
Have done it in the past. Missed only the game at URI last year, so made 13 of 14. This year is tougher with three trips to New England. Will make the opener at UMass, but unsure about Maine and UNH.

OL FU
July 25th, 2010, 09:29 AM
1988, every game but the national champ game. Just couldn't swing the last minute expense of a trip to Pocatella after trips to Huntington etc. But I did watch the game on TV.

UNH Fanboi
July 25th, 2010, 09:34 AM
I'd like to know how anyone with a wife or serious girlfriend is able to pull this off. I get enough crap for watching football on TV all weekend.

SideLine Shooter
July 25th, 2010, 09:52 AM
I'd like to know how anyone with a wife or serious girlfriend is able to pull this off. I get enough crap for watching football on TV all weekend.

After being married for over 30 years my wife has finally figured out that from Sept. to Super Bowl is FOOTBALL. She has the option to go to the games or be with her friends. I'm not getting any younger and this was something I wouldn't do while raising 3 - sons together with my wife and trying to run a business that took 7-days a week. If I was ever going to do it I just did it when I turned 50. It has probably extended my life. I love it and would tell anyone if they love football like I do to go for it. I am so ready for football right now that I am about to football in my pants. Thats the way it is today, everyday, and all year long.

FormerPokeCenter
July 25th, 2010, 10:00 AM
I'd like to know how anyone With a wife or serious girlfriend is able to pull this off. I get enough crap for watching football on TV all weekend.

Ask CBuck, on the GeauxCowboys website. He and his wife make ALL the McNeese games...

We've got several fans who make all the games every year, but none with a streak like his, that dates back to, I think, 1973!!!

Bogus Megapardus
July 25th, 2010, 10:16 AM
I'd like to know how anyone with a wife or serious girlfriend is able to pull this off.

Duct-tape her to the roof rack?

Ud1Hens
July 25th, 2010, 12:52 PM

Girl friend, turned wife now, came to every game I did in 07 when we went to 13 of 15 games. When you find a keeper, you gotta make an honest woman out of her. xnodx

The key is, bring friends that she enjoys spending long drives with and shower her with gifts from December to August to make up for it...

SpidersSportsEditor
July 25th, 2010, 07:21 PM
Made it to all but one for the Spiders last year. Didn't make it to Orono, budget wouldn't allow it.

OL FU
July 26th, 2010, 08:03 AM

In '88 my wife attended all the games with me and was more upset than I about missing the NC. She had no connection to Furman other than me but became a rabid fan. She was great about football. Unfortunately, everything else about our relationship sucked.xlolx

In fact, when we split up, I took a hiatus from FU sports. It just wasn't the same without her sitting there cheering for the dins and cussing the Herd. xlolx

biggie
July 26th, 2010, 08:03 AM
Missed 4 games last year, that was the closest to all that I've made it.

Didn't make it to Woof and El Cit for Reg season, then Richmond and Montana for playoffs.

NHwildEcat
July 26th, 2010, 09:34 AM

Yeah, at first my wife wasn't keen on the idea. But she knows how happy football makes me and she appreciates the passion I have for my teams both at the college level and professionally. I try to make sure the other days of the week she gets plenty of attention and I try to talk about other thigns to please her. She also like to go to the games. She use to just like baseball and the New England Patriots...but I changed that to all things UNH, she also now loves hockey as I do thanks to the Bruins season tickets...she is upset that we didn't renew this year. And I got her to like the Cowboys more then the Pats which was a huge relief, because if she wasn't on board for the Cowboys...she just wasn't on board!

darell1976
July 26th, 2010, 09:59 AM
I am a die hard Sioux fan, my wife a die hard NDSU Bison fan. From 1999-2003 we have been together for The Rivalry Game!!!! She has gone to Bison games while I stayed home and I have gone to Sioux games without her. But just wait til the Sioux and Bison renew the rivalry. It is going to be a madhouse the week leading up to the game, and our kids have no idea what Sioux-Bison week is.