PDA

View Full Version : Rod Broadway on Agents: Line them up and shoot their a**es

smallcollegefbfan
July 24th, 2010, 09:02 AM
At SWAC media day this week, current Grambling coach and former Florida assistant coach Rod Broadway volunteered a less-than-subtle idea on how to handle the agents. (Video below from WAFB-TV in Baton Rouge.)

“Number one they should put them all in front of a firing squad and shoot their ***. (Laughs) If you catch guys doing that stuff, because that’s wrong. Those guys are grown men and you’re taking advantage of 18, 20 and 21-year-old kids.”

http://www.sportsbybrooks.com/grambling-coach-on-nfl-agents-shoot-their-***-28725

I didn't know which folder to put this in and since he is a FCS coach I figured I'd just put it here. Let me be the first to say I know for a fact that there is some immoral stuff going on with the agents and all-star games on small school players. However, as far as I know the money and trips like this South Beach trip and the 100K that Pouncey got are not happening in FCS.

SoCon48
July 24th, 2010, 10:34 AM
I knew Rod back when he was in high school. Never known him to be this candid.

mikebigg
July 24th, 2010, 08:00 PM
At SWAC media day this week, current Grambling coach and former Florida assistant coach Rod Broadway volunteered a less-than-subtle idea on how to handle the agents. (Video below from WAFB-TV in Baton Rouge.)

“Number one they should put them all in front of a firing squad and shoot their ***. (Laughs) If you catch guys doing that stuff, because that’s wrong. Those guys are grown men and you’re taking advantage of 18, 20 and 21-year-old kids.”

http://www.sportsbybrooks.com/grambling-coach-on-nfl-agents-shoot-their-***-28725

I didn't know which folder to put this in and since he is a FCS coach I figured I'd just put it here. Let me be the first to say I know for a fact that there is some immoral stuff going on with the agents and all-star games on small school players. However, as far as I know the money and trips like this South Beach trip and the 100K that Pouncey got are not happening in FCS.

Not to that level, I imagine there are guys looking to be talent scouts looking for a prospect to deliver to an agent.

lilrj1919
July 25th, 2010, 03:15 PM
Seems as Coach Broadway gained some fans. LMAO

Click on the link>>>>>>>>>>>Dear NCAA, Hire This Man NOW! (http://www.rollbamaroll.com/2010/7/24/1585432/dear-ncaa-hire-this-man-now)

Cody74
August 3rd, 2010, 03:23 PM
We all must come to realize that Coach Rod Broadway is a human being first, then he became a coach and in my book a GREAT COACH. I play football and we all have a thing that coaches are suppose to say and be what WE THINK HE/SHE SHOULD. Well that is just not so. Coach Broadway has been coaching for YEARS and he has heard this kind of thing many of times and he is probably just tired of hearing it. These days and times we young men do not need anyone to sugar coat anything that needs to be said, most of us need to hear it just like he said it. Giving me a message that this is serious and do not fall for this PIMP AGENT.

And most of all it is African American football players that are getting tripped up in this kind of mess. I know Coach Broadway on a personal side and I did not see anything wrong with what he had to say. If I ever run into that type of problem with an agent, Coach Broadway will be the first one I call for advice.