PDA

View Full Version : Bethune Cookman Vs. U. Central Fla in Orlando 2013. Some HBCU Fans Critical

WestCoastAggie
July 23rd, 2010, 03:10 PM
UCF football to host Bethune-Cookman in 2013
UCF Football — posted by Iliana Limón on July, 13 2010 3:58 PM

The UCF football team will play Bethune-Cookman in 2013 at Bright House Networks Stadium, according to a report in the Daytona Beach News-Journal.

Bethune-Cookman, a football championship subdivision team (previously known as Division I-AA), is scheduled to play the Knights on Sept. 21, 2013. The game is part of Bethune-Cookman’s effort to schedule more guarantee games against football bowl subdivision (previously known as Division I-A) including Miami and UCF to generate more money for the program and enhance its chances of earning at-large bids to the playoffs.

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sports_college_ucf/2010/07/ucf-football-to-host-bethune-cookman-in-2013.html

There's a thread on www.tspnsports.com critical of this move.

FAMU/BCU: This Is Confusing....

BCU to play Hurricanes in 2011 and 2012
NEWS: New Coach...New Attitude! Just announced the Wildcats will be
taking on the Miami Hurricanes in 2011 and 2012. And equally important fans will have a prelude to the Classic when the Wildcats play the UCF Knights in 2013.

I remember FAMU and Bethune Cookman officials not wanting HBCU schools playing games in their back yard at the Heritage Bowl in Orlando, nevertheless they seem to have no problem whatsoever playing White folks in Orlando.
Bethune Cookman is scheduled to play Central Florida guess where? In Orlando.

This sounds very hypocritical and seems to be a slap in the face to HBCU's.

http://www.tspnsports.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90955

nwFL Griz
July 26th, 2010, 07:33 AM
I'm trying to figure out what the problem is.

UCF is located in Orlando. UCF offered BCU money to play a game at Bright House Networks Stadium (UCF's home field), BCU accepted.

What's the issue here? It's not like they are playing the game in the Citrus Bowl or something.