PDA

View Full Version : Southland Invasion: LSC Schools On the Move

TexasTerror
July 21st, 2010, 11:48 AM
Former SFA head coach Mike Santiago thinks that the Lonestar Conference could make the move up to FCS, if not the Southland. It's a possibility with

“I have heard speculation that the Lone Star Conference teams could all move up to I-AA in the distant future. I would love to see that,” Santiago said.

“I think a lot of these teams in the (LSC) South could move into the Southland right now,” Santiago said.

And the Midwestern State coach agrees...

“There are four or five teams in our league that could bump up if they want to,” Maskill said. “ I don’t think Dr. (Jesse) Rogers wants to do that. And that’s fine. But I think that at some point in time, all the teams in our league will have to look at what’s the next step.”

And UT-Arlington was thrown around as a possible member, especially if they start football and move down...

“UT-Arlington would be awesome if those guys would start football,” the WT coach said. “That would be another Dallas-Fort Worth area area like San Antonio with Incarnate Word here. That would be really healthy for the Lone Star Conference.”

“UTA? They have talked off and on about it. It may happen down the road, but down the road may be 10 years,” Maskill said. “That would be a good one. It would help in the sense of another member, but it would hurt all conference schools because they are right in the heart of the Dallas-Fort Worth Dallas-Fort Worth area, and they will attract athletes.”

http://www.timesrecordnews.com/news/2010/jul/21/lscs-future-a-hot-topic-among-coaches/

Lehigh Football Nation
July 21st, 2010, 11:56 AM
“I think it is hard to get in IAA. Tarleton and Central have applied, and it takes a six- or eight-year waiting period to get in,” he said. “I don’t think that is in the immediate future of any of the schools unless Tarleton or Central follow up with their earlier desires.”

Hmmm....

3rd Coast Tiger
July 21st, 2010, 12:04 PM
“I have heard speculation that the Lone Star Conference teams could all move up to I-AA in the distant future. I would love to see that,” Santiago said.

Did he just throw around the forbidden three letter classification? xsmhx

Retro
July 21st, 2010, 12:55 PM
Did he just throw around the forbidden three letter classification? xsmhx

http://tjcnyc.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/nestle-mob.jpg