PDA

View Full Version : Pat Devlin Named to Johnny Unitas Award Watch List

smallcollegefbfan
July 13th, 2010, 03:00 PM
He is definitely deserving!

http://www.examiner.com/x-46212-Nevada-Wolf-Pack-Examiner~y2010m7d13-Packs-Kaepernick-on-Unitas-watch-list

PhoenixPhan06
July 13th, 2010, 03:12 PM
No love for Scott Riddle? Thats hard to believe!!

LeadBolt
July 13th, 2010, 04:36 PM
If Delaware solves the issues they had last year with the OL, he has a great shot.

smallcollegefbfan
July 13th, 2010, 04:40 PM
No love for Scott Riddle? Thats hard to believe!!

One thing I have learned with players on watch lists like this is usually to be on it from the FCS is that they must possess the following qualities:

1. Returning 1st or 2nd team All-American, usually need to be a first team All-American.
2. They will put a non All-American like Devlin as long as they were a Payton Finalist or on a position lacking a ton of FBS talent like QB is this year.
3. Have very good NFL stock.
4. Have a fairly recognizable name.

Devlin fits all of this except All-America and to be honest if you watch Devlin he is better than his numbers. If he increases production just 25-30 percent, which I believe he will increase by more than that, from last year he will easily be an All-American and finish in the top 3 for the Payton Award.

Jacked_Rabbit
July 13th, 2010, 07:32 PM
This is great for the Devlin, Delaware fans, and the FCS! I just hope our secondary doesn't help his cause to win the award...xprayx

smallcollegefbfan
July 13th, 2010, 07:58 PM
This is great for the Devlin, Delaware fans, and the FCS! I just hope our secondary doesn't help his cause to win the award...xprayx

Devlin is a heck of player. Not sure the UM CB tandem can shut him down, and they are extremely talented. I know App State, Nova, etc. all have great secondaries and I don't know if they could shut down this guy. Devlin is really good.

bluehen05
July 13th, 2010, 09:48 PM
I definitely think if the OL improves this year, the sky is the limit for Devlin. Hopefully they will bring back some of the play-action Flacco used to run, and make a commitment to the run early in games so we don't go 5 wide on every down for 3 quarters. That's when he gets in trouble because its an all out stampede. A little deception can go a long way for Devlin's assent to QB greatness this year. LETS GO HENS! I can't wait!

MR. CHICKEN
July 14th, 2010, 08:10 AM
UH-OH............AH WANNA HIT SOMETHIN'..........xhypedx.............BRAWK!!

HenZoneNation
July 14th, 2010, 10:03 AM
I'm concerned not only with the OL but with the running game as well. Unlike Joe, Pat doesn't have a Cuff to rely on to sell the play action. Not only did UD have a great RB, they had a strong line and two NFL TE's...Pat lost his best TE and has questionable OL and RB's...that being said, he is going to have a monster year. Generally the second year for a UD QB is the breakout one. UD's record during Andy Hall and Joe's first year was average and then blew up as their Qb's comfort level with the offense grew...look out FCS.