PDA

View Full Version : If Dillon Doesn't Return...

mikebigg
July 12th, 2010, 08:04 AM
Hopefully we get Greg back via his hardship appeal, but if not...it seems that true Sophomore Danny Reyes is the front runner to replace him. I'm hearing good things about his work ethic, his arm strength, and knowledge of the offense.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcSuQNHdwfY

smallcollegefbfan
July 12th, 2010, 08:14 AM
Hopefully we get Greg back via his hardship appeal, but if not...it seems that true Sophomore Danny Reyes is the front runner to replace him. I'm hearing good things about his work ethic, his arm strength, and knowledge of the offense.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcSuQNHdwfY

Someone close to the team told me it was a done deal he is coming back. Wonder why there is no official word on him but the team believes he will be back?

TexasTerror
July 12th, 2010, 08:42 AM
Someone close to the team told me it was a done deal he is coming back. Wonder why there is no official word on him but the team believes he will be back?

Probably still going back and forth with the NCAA.

This is their 'busy season' since everyone is filing medical redshirt exemptions at this point, trying to get student-athletes through NCAA Clearinghouse for eligibility ahead of fall sports and because of all of this, they do not respond overnight.

The university will not put out an official word regarding his eligibility until he is 100% cleared by the NCAA. The latest official word from the university's athletic director was that the NCAA requested more documents from the institution. This is nothing unusual in the least bit and should not be taken either positively or negatively by those hoping for Dillon's reinstatement.

mikebigg
July 12th, 2010, 09:11 AM
I want Greg back, but the intent of this thread is his possible replacement Danny Reyes. I'm hearing that he's a talented player, just inexperienced.

TexasTerror
July 12th, 2010, 11:18 AM
I want Greg back, but the intent of this thread is his possible replacement Danny Reyes. I'm hearing that he's a talented player, just inexperienced.

Without looking it up on the GSU web site - where does Reyes come from? Local product?

3rd Coast Tiger
July 12th, 2010, 11:37 AM
Grambling will be fine with Dillon or Reyes.

mikebigg
July 12th, 2010, 12:10 PM
Without looking it up on the GSU web site - where does Reyes come from? Local product?

Tarpon Springs High in Florida...

mikebigg
July 12th, 2010, 12:12 PM
Grambling will be fine with Dillon or Reyes.

Yep... we're gonna focus on defense and the run game. Warren and Walker plus Kenneth Baptiste (a smaller but quicker back/really good speed) will be the focal point of the offense.

3rd Coast Tiger
July 12th, 2010, 12:17 PM
Hell, if all else fails put Christian under center.

lilrj1919
July 12th, 2010, 01:21 PM
From talking to many on the team they already got word that Dillon has been cleared but can't really say nothing until the official release.

smallcollegefbfan
July 12th, 2010, 01:24 PM
From talking to many on the team they already got word that Dillon has been cleared but can't really say nothing until the official release.

That is the same feeling I was getting.

TT, ask around. I think you will find it was pretty much a done deal weeks ago.

mikebigg
July 12th, 2010, 03:12 PM
Cool...now I hope Danny Reyes makes it a tough choice for the staff. Yall know I'm impressed with Greg Dillon, but having Reyes (or anyone else) step up and make it a battle will help our offense improve. We have 3 good runners and a TE who has NFL size. Kiare Thompson is a Pre-Season All-American kick returner but with good qb play, he should help us as a receiver. We return all our receivers....but we lost Sammie White as a coach. Hope Coach Leahy can keep the development of those guys going.

I think Reyes is gonna make it interesting...hope it's because of Reye's improvment and not from Greg digressing!

TSUalum05
July 12th, 2010, 04:50 PM

What may have happened is the NCAA requested one more piece of paperwork that he already has or he had to get something signed that he's already turned in.

TexasTerror
July 22nd, 2010, 02:44 PM
Rod Broadway, the official head football coach just gave updated remarks...

Have a hard time believing the official head football coach would sit on something like this if it was not known already...

- Grambling State is still awaiting the NCAA's decision on whether two-year quarterback Greg Dillon will be granted a sixth year of eligibility, a decision that will play a key role in the complexion of the Southwestern Athletic Conference race. Dillon's walk-on status at a university prior to Grambling gives the Tigers hope they he will be able to play again this fall.

"Not knowing is the tough part," head coach Rod Broadway said. "They need to let us know one way or the other, and we can move on. Now we'd love to have Greg back because he's been a tremendous player for us. And a tremendous leader."

http://64.246.64.33/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/news/news.aspx?id=4328324

smallcollegefbfan
July 22nd, 2010, 02:52 PM
Rod Broadway, the official head football coach just gave updated remarks...

Have a hard time believing the official head football coach would sit on something like this if it was not known already...

http://64.246.64.33/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/news/news.aspx?id=4328324

After all the lies head coaches have told us? Nick Saban swore up and down he would not coach at Alabama. Look at all of the other coaches who have lied. Why would he come out and tell it already? Better to keep people guessing up until fall camp. I was given information from some folks at schools about some All-America candidates who are academically ineligible weeks ago but they won't come out and tell the media until the media days or fall camp. He is just covering his tail until they have the official letter but I'm sure players on the team would not be telling folks that Dillon is returning if someone from the NCAA didn't tell them something that has given them a confidence that Dillon is returning.

lionsrking2
July 22nd, 2010, 03:54 PM
I butted into this conversation without all the facts the last time it was discussed, and I certainly don't have them now; but I don't understand how "walk-on status" at another school make a difference...the only issues would be whether or not he was enrolled full-time at ULM, or whether or not he had an extreme hardship...walk-on status has no bearing on an athletic clock.