PDA

View Full Version : Nov. 13th Games

bodoyle
July 11th, 2010, 12:18 PM
So I am going to a game on this weekend for my 30th birthday. It's between the following games:

@Montana/No Dak
@CCU/Liberty
@Florida/South Carolina
@FSU/Clemson
@Ohio St/Penn St
Kansas/@ Nebraska
UNH/@ 'Nova
Bill and Mary/@ JMU

Any other good games going on that weekend?

lionsrking2
July 11th, 2010, 12:35 PM
So I am going to a game on this weekend for my 30th birthday. It's between the following games:

@Montana/No Dak
@CCU/Liberty
@Florida/South Carolina
@FSU/Clemson
@Ohio St/Penn St
Kansas/@ Nebraska
UNH/@ 'Nova
Bill and Mary/@ JMU

Any other good games going on that weekend?

Southeastern Louisiana at Stephen F. Austin, in Nacogdoches, that weekend...could very determine the SLC champion.

superman7515
July 11th, 2010, 12:46 PM
FSU & Clemson. There's nothing like gameday in Doak. The greatest opening to any football game when Chief Osceola rides in on Renegade and plants the flaming spear while 82k+ shout the war chant that the Atlanta Braves tried to copy when Neon Deion went from FSU to the Braves. Plus you've got a rivalry game, and although it isn't the Bowden Bowl anymore, it's still a good one. Besides, why would you want to be somewhere cold in the winter when you could be in Tallahassee?

bodoyle
July 11th, 2010, 01:36 PM
FSU & Clemson. There's nothing like gameday in Doak. The greatest opening to any football game when Chief Osceola rides in on Renegade and plants the flaming spear while 82k+ shout the war chant that the Atlanta Braves tried to copy when Neon Deion went from FSU to the Braves. Plus you've got a rivalry game, and although it isn't the Bowden Bowl anymore, it's still a good one. Besides, why would you want to be somewhere cold in the winter when you could be in Tallahassee?

LoL. Well it is football, and I am from Chicago, so snow/wind/cold are synonymous with football to me. I do want to see a game at Doak though.

Right now Montana is in the lead with Florida in 2nd and OSU in 3rd. I have a connection at my job from a Fla season ticket holder, I'm just hoping he will keep his promise to me lol.

ASU_Fanatic
July 11th, 2010, 04:05 PM
A game at Nebraska could be sick.

TheBisonator
July 11th, 2010, 04:24 PM
NDSU plays SDSU for the Dakota Marker Trophy at a sold-out Fargodome on 11/13.

dystopiamembrane
July 11th, 2010, 05:25 PM
There is no other choice but the 117th Monon Bell Classic (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monon_Bell#Monon_Bell_Classic) -
Depauw University Tigers at Wabash College Little Giants

slostang
July 11th, 2010, 05:47 PM
Cal Poly plays UC Davis in SLO for the "Shoe".

Jacked_Rabbit
July 11th, 2010, 06:23 PM
... And an SDSU win would give the Jackrabbits 4 straight Dakota Markers! This is a must see game in an great atmosphere to watch a game.

I recommend spending a couple of hours pre-gaming at Buffalo Wild Wings across the street from the Fargo Dome prior to kickoff.

Twentysix
July 11th, 2010, 06:26 PM
... And an SDSU win would give the Jackrabbits 4 straight Dakota Markers! This is a must see game in an great atmosphere to watch a game.

I recommend spending a couple of hours pre-gaming at Buffalo Wild Wings across the street from the Fargo Dome prior to kickoff.

Unless your not a jacks fan, then you can tailgate. :P

darell1976
July 11th, 2010, 06:51 PM
The UND/Montana game should be a good one. If UND can stay healthy by then. It will be the first meeting in over 30 years, and Sioux fans will be traveling west to see this one. I hope its on Fox College Sports I would love to see this classic.

superman7515
July 11th, 2010, 08:48 PM
Florida shouldn't even be in the running. It shouldn't be in the same discussion.

Jules Winnfield: Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa. Stop right there. Going to Gainesville and seeing a game in Tallahassee ain't even the same fu**ing thing.
bodoyle: It's not. It's the same ballpark.
Jules Winnfield: Ain't no fu**ing ballpark neither. Now look, maybe your method of football differs from mine, but you know, watching a game in a swamp and seeing a game in the holiest of holies ain't "the same fu**ing ballpark." It ain't the same league, it ain't even the same fu**ing sport. Look, Florida don't mean sh**.

http://mattsmoviereviews.net/Images/jacksonpulp.jpg

MplsBison
July 11th, 2010, 09:26 PM
Iowa visits Northwestern. Lot of Chicagoland kids go to Iowa.

Just trying to save you some money.

elon77
July 12th, 2010, 07:19 AM
Why not Furman at Elon? You could watch Elon roll over the wine and cheese crowd for the third year in a row.

Gordon Shumway
July 12th, 2010, 07:45 AM
Florida shouldn't even be in the running. It shouldn't be in the same discussion.

Jules Winnfield: Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa. Stop right there. Going to Gainesville and seeing a game in Tallahassee ain't even the same fu**ing thing.
Jules Winnfield: Ain't no fu**ing ballpark neither. Now look, maybe your method of football differs from mine, but you know, watching a game in a swamp and seeing a game in the holiest of holies ain't "the same fu**ing ballpark." It ain't the same league, it ain't even the same fu**ing sport. Look, Florida don't mean sh**.

There is no question that Doak is a less painful experience. But still, everyone should experience The Swamp at least once in their life. After a game at The Swamp, if your hearing is not permanently damaged, then you can be pretty sure you can handle just about any place you might want to go in the future.xlolx

WrenFGun
July 12th, 2010, 07:49 AM
I have to imagine that 'Nova/UNH game is going to be a good one after the 40 point lickin UNH got in the playoffs.

biggie
July 12th, 2010, 10:05 AM
Of course any day is a great day to see a game in Boone. Nice cool weather by then. And vs Woff.

Seawolf97
July 12th, 2010, 10:09 AM
Why noy GWU at Stonybrook ? Could be chilly but not cold in mid November-LOL

UNHWILDCATS05
July 12th, 2010, 10:56 AM
I have to imagine that 'Nova/UNH game is going to be a good one after the 40 point lickin UNH got in the playoffs.

Yes... but as to game day experience, it doesn't get much worse than Nova...

elon77
July 12th, 2010, 01:10 PM
Of course any day is a great day to see a game in Boone. Nice cool weather by then. And vs Woff.

Nice cool weather? I can remember being their in November and it was snowing, sleeting, raining(freezing of course), windy, cold as hello, and just a beautiful day. Nice cool weather my foot.xlolxxlolxxlolx

bigCasu
July 12th, 2010, 02:03 PM
that was actually not that bad of weather back in 2008.

wkelly42
July 12th, 2010, 03:28 PM
I'd have thought this was a no-brainer with Liberty playing the Beach Chickens in Conway ....

biggie
July 12th, 2010, 03:45 PM
Nice cool weather? I can remember being their in November and it was snowing, sleeting, raining(freezing of course), windy, cold as hello, and just a beautiful day. Nice cool weather my foot.xlolxxlolxxlolx
That's nice and cool (if you are use to being there).

bodoyle
July 13th, 2010, 09:06 AM
For my Montana friends.... can someone give me a ballpark idea on what ticket prices would be for the 11/13 game?

Trying to decide where to go still. Thanks.

bodoyle
July 13th, 2010, 09:06 AM

http://mattsmoviereviews.net/Images/jacksonpulp.jpg

Pshh! Notre Dame Stadium > Doak. Just like Notre Dame > FSwho xnodx

superman7515
July 13th, 2010, 09:21 PM
Pshh! Notre Dame Stadium > Doak. Just like Notre Dame > FSwho xnodx

You're right. Anyone who can end a streak of 9 straight bowl losses by beating a 7-7 Hawai'i team is clearly superior. No argument here.

bodoyle
July 13th, 2010, 10:00 PM
You're right. Anyone who can end a streak of 9 straight bowl losses by beating a 7-7 Hawai'i team is clearly superior. No argument here.

I'm glad you see it my way xnodx

yorkcountyUNHfan
July 14th, 2010, 05:15 PM

The beach chicken is afraid he may have to man up to the challenge of a steel cage death match that was issued on the PAM thread a couple years back. And then of coarse ycUNHf would walk with bd's girl friend after giving bd the thrashing of his young life.

DJOM
July 14th, 2010, 05:25 PM
Gotta head to Yale. Watch THE TIGERS chew up the Bulldogs.

2010 is the Year of the TIGER.

bodoyle
July 14th, 2010, 09:43 PM
I do have Harvard/Yale @ The Bowl on the list

MinneapolisJack
July 14th, 2010, 10:32 PM
You'd be hard pressed to find a better FCS game to go to than a NDSU vs SDSU game.

bodoyle
July 15th, 2010, 07:50 AM
You'd be hard pressed to find a better FCS game to go to than a NDSU vs SDSU game.

Is that also on the 13th?

MinneapolisJack
July 15th, 2010, 09:25 AM
Yep, it's on the 13th in the Fargodome. The two teams will play for the coveted Dakota Marker trophy and it should be a full house of around 18,000.

bodoyle
July 15th, 2010, 04:29 PM
****. Move it to Thursday. I'll watch that Thurs and then Montana Saturday :)

LeadBolt
July 15th, 2010, 04:37 PM
W&M @ JMU should be a great game, JMU's fans are always enthusiastic.

AppStsGr8
July 15th, 2010, 04:37 PM
It's always great weather for football in Boone ... especially if you know what to wear. After seeing Elon fans post-game last year in prom duds, I can understand that some freezing rain or sleet might have presented a problem. xpeacex

This year you get to come to Boone near peak leaf weekend. We'll try to get dry and sunny weather for you. Expect end of game temps in the low to mid-40's with a slight breeze. Please be advised that temperatures during the game can drop as much as 30 degrees.

Twentysix
July 15th, 2010, 05:43 PM
NDSU v SDSU in Fargo or Montana v UND in Montana are both amazing games. If I were you I would flip a coin. If either were at the alternate teams location I wouldnt attend (I personally will go to SDSU to watch NDSU but if I werent an NDSU fan I wouldnt want too.)

MSUDuo
July 16th, 2010, 03:19 AM
Missouri State at Northern Iowa is also on the 13th. May not look like much now but given the way MSU's schedule sets up, we are hoping it will be a very important game. And hopefully a good one!

bodoyle
July 16th, 2010, 07:44 AM
It's always great weather for football in Boone ... especially if you know what to wear. After seeing Elon fans post-game last year in prom duds, I can understand that some freezing rain or sleet might have presented a problem. xpeacex

This year you get to come to Boone near peak leaf weekend. We'll try to get dry and sunny weather for you. Expect end of game temps in the low to mid-40's with a slight breeze. Please be advised that temperatures during the game can drop as much as 30 degrees.

It was crazy warm for the CCU playoff game, I remember that.

bodoyle
October 25th, 2010, 01:11 PM
With a few weeks to go, I am going to the CCU LU game b/c my now gf is in SC.

Skjellyfetti
October 25th, 2010, 01:37 PM
Wofford at Appalachian.

Likely the SoCon Championship game.

Eaglesrus
October 25th, 2010, 01:55 PM
Speaking of November 13th, does it ever snow that time of year in Cullowhee, NC?

JSU02
October 25th, 2010, 02:17 PM
SEMO @ Jax State: the OVC Championship game.

biggie
October 25th, 2010, 02:46 PM
Speaking of November 13th, does it ever snow that time of year in Cullowhee, NC?
Not normally, but its possible. An inch fell just above Boone a couple weeks ago. It should be chilly in the NC mtns, but probably no snow by then.

bodoyle
October 25th, 2010, 03:50 PM
Wofford at Appalachian.

Likely the SoCon Championship game.

Would love to watch that instead of watching CCU play another 1/2 game, but the gf has plans that night after I go to the hoops games.

OLDMAIN80
October 25th, 2010, 03:56 PM
Would love to watch that instead of watching CCU play another 1/2 game, but the gf has plans that night after I go to the hoops games.
Well if she has plans sounds like you will be freexlolxxlolxxlolx

Eaglesrus
October 25th, 2010, 04:29 PM
Not normally, but its possible. An inch fell just above Boone a couple weeks ago. It should be chilly in the NC mtns, but probably no snow by then.

Thanks! I can handle cold, but being a flatlander I'm hoping not to have any trouble driving up a mountain to get to the cabin we've rented in Maggie Valley.

Aho_Old_Guy
October 25th, 2010, 05:00 PM
Thanks! I can handle cold, but being a flatlander I'm hoping not to have any trouble driving up a mountain to get to the cabin we've rented in Maggie Valley.

No massive accumulation at that elevation --- you get above 4,500 ft and all bets are off xlolx

ngineer
October 25th, 2010, 08:10 PM
Southeastern Louisiana at Stephen F. Austin, in Nacogdoches, that weekend...could very determine the SLC champion.

In other years the Ohio State - Penn State game would be a spectacle..unfortunately this will be a debacle.

SuperEagle
October 25th, 2010, 09:17 PM
I would go to the Swamp if I were you. You only turn 30 once. Then on Sunday I would go watch the Jacksonville Jaguars host the Houston Texans. The Jags are a pretty easy ticket to get and you'd get to have a weekend filled with football to celebrate your birthday. What's not to love about that? And if your GF doesn't like it, then take her with you. Remember though, it's your weekend, not hers. :)

BlueHenSinfonian
October 25th, 2010, 09:38 PM
Gotta head to Yale. Watch THE TIGERS chew up the Bulldogs.

2010 is the Year of the TIGER.

I agree, watch the Tigers destroy the Bulldogs, just do it in Auburn.

JaxSinfonian
October 25th, 2010, 09:39 PM
That looks to be a huge weekend in FCS. Seven of the current top 10 will face teams currently in the top 25 (going by the TSN poll). A lot could change between now and then, but I'd bet you couldn't go wrong with any of these games:

No. 1 Appalachian State vs. No. 9 Wofford
No. 2 Jacksonville State vs. No. 11 SE Missouri
No. 3 William & Mary at No. 15 James Madison
No. 5 Villanova vs. No. 10 New Hampshire
No. 6 Delaware at No. 18 Massachusetts

Not that Liberty-CCU will necessarily be a bad game, but it seems there'll be a lot more at stake at any of the above.