PDA

View Full Version : Check-In Day at Gardner-Webb

elcid83
June 29th, 2010, 11:21 AM
Well. Today is the day that all good GW football players check in for summer school and summer conditioning. Get at it boys as the road to the Big South Championship [and beyond] starts today. A hearty welcome to the incoming freshman class. It will be interesting to see who from this class will be ready to contribute right away. As we have said before, there should be some interesting contests for playing time at some pretty key positions [including QB]. I'm looking forward to seeing my Bulldogs soon.

Go Runnin' Bulldogs!

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs001.snc3/10832_1191207494343_1053041569_30507370_6621655_n. jpg

NHwildEcat
June 29th, 2010, 11:26 AM
It may be steamy out right now...but I can almost feel a little but of fall creeping in!

Go...gate
June 29th, 2010, 12:07 PM
Seems pretty early.

NHwildEcat
June 29th, 2010, 12:33 PM
Seems pretty early.

For summer school? If the players are going to be there for classes, they may as well burn off som steam and get prepared for the season with a little conditioning. Not like it is a full practice or anything.

kdinva
June 29th, 2010, 02:21 PM
Well. Today is the day that all good GW football players check in for summer school and summer conditioning. Get at it boys as the road to the Big South Championship [and beyond] starts today. A hearty welcome to the incoming freshman class. It will be interesting to see who from this class will be ready to contribute right away. As we have said before, there should be some interesting contests for playing time at some pretty key positions [including QB]. I'm looking forward to seeing my Bulldogs soon.

Go Runnin' Bulldogs!

VMI's 2nd summer session started on the 22nd, and I've heard as many as 48 upperclassmen are there. Also, today is the beginning of the Summer Transition Program, for any and all interested incoming Rats. I'd venture to guess the majority of the 16 football signees are there, too.xsmileyclapx

GridFan
June 29th, 2010, 04:16 PM
Looking forward to the 2010 season with G-W. Young, young team at some key positions, but I think they'll be pretty strong up front on offense.

I had heard as of a few weeks ago that a couple of major pieces on defense won't be eligible for 2010, hopefully that can be fixed in summer school. If not, there will be some issues in stopping people potentially.