PDA

View Full Version : Who is your 2010 most prized recruit?

Ronbo
June 28th, 2010, 07:37 AM
Who is the number 1 recruit for you this season? Who is the guy that could make the biggest impact in the time he'll be playing for your school?

For Montana it has to be Quarterback Jordan Johnson.
6'1" 190 lbs. Sheldon HS, Eugene, Oregon

Led his team to back to back 6A State Championships.

2009 Oregon Gatorade Player of the Year
2009 Oregon Offensive Player of the Year

2009 stats
3508 yds passing, 75% completion ave., 46 TD's
1090 yards rushing, 20 TD's

HS Career stats total offense
11,337 yards, 134 TD's

305 yards, 4 TD's in the 2010 Oregon All Star Game. MVP.

Take a look at this kid!
2009 Season Highlights (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRVyaD4XxB4)

JSU02
June 28th, 2010, 08:43 AM
I'd say our is Coty Blanchard. He was drafted by the Orioles but hasn't signed yet. I'm keeping my fingers crossed...

Coty Blanchard (6-0, 180, QB , Leesburg, Ala./Cherokee County HS)
Played at Cherokee County High School for Tripp Curry…led the Warriors to the Class 4A State Championship and a perfect 15-0 record…was named Alabama Mr. Football by the Alabama Sports Writers Association...was named Gatorade Player of the year for football…was named the Class 4A Back of the Year as a senior and was a two-time first-team All-State selection by the Alabama Sports Writers Association…pass for more than 2,900 yards with 35 touchdowns and rushed for 1,160 yards with 20 touchdowns as a senior…was named to The Birmingham News Super 12, the Anniston Star Dandy Dozen, The Gadsden Times Dirty Dozen and the ABC 33/40 Friday Night Blitz Quarterback of the Year…helped team post a 14-1 record his junior year…played in the Alabama-Mississippi All-Star Classic…also lettered in baseball and basketball…was an all-area selection for basketball, where he has scored more than 1,000 points…was a three-time team Most Valuable Player in baseball, and also played in the Lions Club North-South game…is also expected to play baseball for the Gamecocks.

busybee14
June 28th, 2010, 09:02 AM
I saw Blanchard and Team Alabama go head to head with one of our top recruits Marshyl Rothman(qb) and Team Palm Beach at the New level /Scout.com Southern Championship 7 on 7 tourney at USF, March of last year.
Both Teams were in the Final game with team Palm Beach running away with it.
Both these kids stood out not just because they are undersized, but both can sling it and have great accuracy.They were the 2 best Q,s in the tournament
It looks like the OVC will be very exciting over the next 4-5 years. Lots of good young talent

Marshyl Rothman 5-10 ,183)-QB Jupiter Christian,FL

http://www.youtube.com/user/jcsgunslinger14

The Murray State football team added a quarterback to its 2010 recruiting class with the signing of Jupiter Christian’s Marshyl Rothman to a National Letter of Intent. He is rated as a two-star recruit by Rivals and Scout.com.

Rothman knows how to win as he led the Eagles to a 36-4 record and back-to-back Florida state championships. He was named the MVP of the 2008 state championship game. In his career, Rothman passed for 5,000 yards and 76 touchdowns, while rushing for over 2,000 yards and 33 touchdowns.

He was a two-time first-team all-state selection. He was also twiced named a first-team all-county selection by the Sun Sentinel, and first-team all-area selection from the Palm Beach Post.

phoenixphanatic21
June 28th, 2010, 10:10 AM
I would say it would be QB Mike Quinn from Wayne, NJ.

From elonphoenix.com:
Quarterback Mike Quinn (Wayne, N.J./Wayne Hills) threw for 1,711 yards on 102 completions with 24 touchdowns and only two interceptions during his senior campaign. The 6-3, 183-pound Quinn was a first-team All-State Group 3 selection in 2009 and was an all-league honoree in both 2008 and 2009. Rivals.com rates Quinn as a two-star recruit. As a junior, Quinn threw for 1,919 yards and 18 scores. During his time under center, Wayne Hills compiled a 22-2 record. He helped coach Chris Olsen’s program to a 2009 Group 3 runner-up finish and a 2008 Group 3 state title. In 2008, the squad achieved a ranking of No. 2 in the state of New Jersey. At one point, the program posted 55 consecutive victories. In both 2008 and 2009 Quinn’s prep squad captured the North Bergen Interscholastic Athletic League championship. Mike is the son of Terry and Lynn Quinn.
Quinn Highlights (http://org.elon.edu/athletics/signees/MikeQuinn.mov)
Coach Skrosky on Quinn (http://org.elon.edu/athletics/signees/quinnfinal.mov)

DLS
June 28th, 2010, 10:38 AM
not sure who the best is for appstate but the measurables on this guy are pretty sick:

dylan bostick OL

6'-6"
280lbs
40yd - 4.7s
bench 415lbs
squat 465lbs

apparently this kid has freakish size/speed and is cut.

http://vmedia.rivals.com/uploads/1187/899409.jpg

lionsrking2
June 28th, 2010, 10:59 AM
Southeastern Louisiana has several guys who I think could make a big impact, but the most notable is Gavin Webster, 5-11, 210, QB, Lutcher HS, Lutcher, La...Webster was named Louisiana Mr. Football for 2009-2010 and rated 3-Stars by Rivals.com...doubtful he'll win the starting job as a true freshman but should come in and contribute immediately.

Gavin Webster Highlights
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhj9L2A3eck
http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k73/selulions/GavinWebster3.jpg?t=1277741362

I would also add a couple of more who will likely make an immediate impact:

Jordan Wells, 5-11, 195, RB, Round Rock, Texas...home run threat at tailback who runs very physical...should come in and play right away along side Zeke Jones and Sam Fairley...rated 2-Stars by Rivals, though was a 3-Star and Top 75 RB nationally until he committed to us (go figure).

Jordan Wells Highlights
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWHwMPJc1kQ
http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k73/selulions/JordanWells2.jpg?t=1277741299

Aaron Harris, 6-3, 225, LB, Westfield HS, Houston, Texas...huge get for us!! Rated 3-Stars by Rivals and #55 LB nationally...played primarily DE in high school but will play LB at Southeastern...physically ready to play now and has looked outstanding during summer workouts...we're pretty experienced at LB but should come in and play right away.

Aaron Harris Highlights
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8-jaJZ3rS0
http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k73/selulions/AaronHarris2.jpg?t=1277741466

ncbears
June 28th, 2010, 01:50 PM
Probably this guy :
Armoni Brewington, WR, 6-1, 190, Denver, Colo. (Bear Creek)
Earned four letters in football, three in basketball and three in track & field for the Bears... As a senior, was a first-team all-conference and first-team all-state pick as well as earning second-team all-Jeffco honors in 2008... Caught 78 passes for 1,098 yards and 16 touchdowns in his final season... Also placed eighth at the 2009 state track meet in the high jump... Helped lead the Bears to the semifinals in 2007 and quarterfinals in 2009 in football playoffs... Step-father Le'Jon Vivens played football at Northern Colorado from 1992-96.

Also recruited by: Alcorn State, CSU-Pueblo, Kansas State, Missouri Western and Minnesota.

parr90
June 28th, 2010, 02:27 PM
For me (Georgia Southern) it would be Ezayi Youyoute

QB 6'1 185
Wauchula Fla
4.5 40
Very quick feet
1200 yrds rushing as a QB his senior year.
17 Touchdowns
True option QB, ran the same flexbone style Offense in high school as at GSU.
Reminds me of former GSU QB JR Revere.

Some may disagree with me but I think he will be the next great GSU QB
Paul Johnson recruited him hard at GT but felt he was to small to play in the ACC.

ur2k
June 28th, 2010, 02:34 PM
I think this one is our next Justin Rogers. Wayne Pettus out of Detroit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-25PAx9qIM

All of our signees with videos are here:
http://www.richmondspiders.com/sports/m-footbl/archive/signingdaylive.html

Aaron Corp maybe one as well, if you count transfers.

SU DOG
June 28th, 2010, 02:57 PM
Sorry that I can't pick just one, but I will be brief on the accolades: xhurrayx

Trett Hardman QB 6-3, 220
Fairview AL
Rivals 3 Star
Rated #38 Pro-style QB in the nation

Zachary Underwood C 6-4, 284
Albertville AL
Top 40 List for the state of Alabama
Scout 3 Star
Rated #22 Center in the nation by Scout and #25 by ESPN
Had offer in hand from Louisville and chose Samford.

Ben Carpenter LB 6-1, 211
Roswell GA
4.58 in 40-yard dash at Fox/Scout Combine
A beast of a LB who had offers(not just interest) at one time or another from Ole Miss, MTSU, Marshall, and Bowling Green.

BigHouseClosedEnd
June 28th, 2010, 05:30 PM
I think this one is our next Justin Rogers. Wayne Pettus out of Detroit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-25PAx9qIM

All of our signees with videos are here:
http://www.richmondspiders.com/sports/m-footbl/archive/signingdaylive.html

Aaron Corp maybe one as well, if you count transfers.

I heard Pettus may play this fall, and not redshirt. Given that we don't have a ton of depth at Corner like we did last year ... we may see less PR and KR from Rogers and Graham.

Pettus is a likely candidate for the Return game and maybe D-back on 3rd and long situations.

Cocky
June 28th, 2010, 05:55 PM
Coty Blanchard (6-0, 180, QB , Leesburg, Ala./Cherokee County HS)
Played at Cherokee County High School for Tripp Curry…led the Warriors to the Class 4A State Championship and a perfect 15-0 record…was named Alabama Mr. Football by the Alabama Sports Writers Association…was named the Class 4A Back of the Year as a senior and was a two-time first-team All-State selection by the Alabama Sports Writers Association…pass for more than 2,900 yards with 35 touchdowns and rushed for 1,160 yards with 20 touchdowns as a senior…was named to The Birmingham News Super 12, the Anniston Star Dandy Dozen, The Gadsden Times Dirty Dozen and the ABC 33/40 Friday Night Blitz Quarterback of the Year…helped team post a 14-1 record his junior year…played in the Alabama-Mississippi All-Star Classic…also lettered in baseball and basketball…was an all-area selection for basketball, where he has scored more than 1,000 points…was a three-time team Most Valuable Player in baseball, and also played in the Lions Club North-South game…is also expected to play baseball for the Gamecocks.
Was committed to Miss State before changing to JSU.

Tristan Hardin (6-6, 291, OL, Birmingham, Ala./Erwin HS)
Played at Erwin High School for Willie Miller… considered one of the top offensive lineman in Alabama…was a four-year lettermen…was named All-State by the Alabama Sports Writers Association…helped the Eagles to a 6-4 record his senior year…also recruited by Auburn, Southern Miss, Tennessee

Pierre Warren (6-1, 178, WR, Prattville, Ala./Marbury HS)
Played at Marbury High School for Kyle Glover…was a two-time All-Metro selection and was an All-County selection as a senior…was a four-year letterman and a three-year starter…helped the Bulldogs advance to the state playoffs…also lettered in basketball, where he was named team’s Most Valuable Player and was an all-area selection.
Hurt his senior year which gave us the chance to sign him.

PaladinFan
June 28th, 2010, 07:14 PM
I'm a bit partial to this kid

Hank McCloud, RB
5-9, 180, Freshman
Tampa, Florida (Tampa Catholic High School)

Guy rushed for nearly 4,000 yards in high school. Rushed for nearly 1,800 yards his senior season, and 193 yards in a state championship game. He really was a steal for the Paladins.

Probably more impressive is his family. Dad was a championship heavyweight boxer, His grandfather was a college football player, his aunt was a college basketball player and pro golfer, another aunt was a track star at USF and finished just outside the medal stand at the 2008 Olympics as a 100m hurdler. That is a pedigree.

txst80
June 29th, 2010, 12:00 AM
Tyler Arndt, QB
6'4'' 200
Cuero, TX

Rated as the 25th best QB in the nation by Rivals and the 32nd best QB in the nation by ESPN. Expected to compete immediately for the starting job this year.

2009 (Sr.) - 154 for 251, 2,362 yards, 27 TDs, 4 Ints
2008 (Jr.) - 134 for 212, 2,210 yards, 25 TDs, 5 Ints
2007 (So.) - 151 for 225, 2,479 yards, 23 TDs, 3 Ints

JALMOND
June 29th, 2010, 12:44 AM
Many questions among Portland State, from the coaches to the players. Probably the best recruit (on paper anyway) is UW transfer Willie Griffin who will be a junior running back at PSU this year.

Portland State bio:
www.goviks.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=19300&ATCLID=204919145

Washington bio:
www.gohuskies.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/griffin_willie00.html

Sounds like a real stud horse back in high school. Part of Willingham's outstanding recruiting class in 2007. Redshirted in 2007 and then started four games for the Huskies in 2008. He was named offensive player of the game that year against Washington State. Played behind Chris Polk in 2009 and after Polk had his breakout season, Griffin decided to transfer. Seems to have had some glimpses of greatness but if we can take advantage of them remains to be seen. The pistol offense had 3 1000 yard rushers last year at Nevada so runners are needed. We haven't had a 1000 yard rusher since 2005 (Joe Rubin I believe). Many questions, both for him and the Vikings as a whole.

MR. CHICKEN
June 29th, 2010, 08:48 AM
AH'M GOIN' WHIFF.......JUSTIN BURNS.....QB...6'5".....215......OUTTAH...ALPHARETTA, GEORGIA.....WHAA xconfusedx.......'CAUSE HE ISN'T UH TRANSFER.....;)......BRAWK!

PaladinNation
June 29th, 2010, 06:41 PM
I'm a bit partial to this kid

Hank McCloud, RB
5-9, 180, Freshman
Tampa, Florida (Tampa Catholic High School)

Guy rushed for nearly 4,000 yards in high school. Rushed for nearly 1,800 yards his senior season, and 193 yards in a state championship game. He really was a steal for the Paladins.

Probably more impressive is his family. Dad was a championship heavyweight boxer, His grandfather was a college football player, his aunt was a college basketball player and pro golfer, another aunt was a track star at USF and finished just outside the medal stand at the 2008 Olympics as a 100m hurdler. That is a pedigree.

I agree…*McCloud should be a great player. I'll add another name… Malcolm Howard a LB from Goose Creek.

Played linebacker, running back, free safety, and strong safety....compiled 237 tackles and five interceptions in his career, including 158 stops his senior year while helping lead Goose Creek to a 10-4 record and state playoff semifinals...Associated Press first team all-state selection...2009 Shrine Bowl defensive MVP...was one of five state-wide finalist for South Carolina Mr. Football...named Berkeley County Defensive Player of the Year, AP Defensive Player of the Year, and Lower State Back of the Year in 2009

Shrine Bowl defensive MVP usually goes to players going to an SEC or ACC school. IMO very impressive. Then I stood next to Howard on the field during the spring game. The guy is physically ready to play in the SoCon now.

bjtheflamesfan
June 29th, 2010, 07:28 PM
Here is the kid to watch in the next couple years:

Gabe Henderson – QB, 5-11, 190, Garner, N.C./Southeast Raleigh HS
Three-year starter and letterwinner at Southeast Raleigh High School … also was a three-year all-conference academic honoree … all-conference selection as a junior, when he threw for 2,200 yards and rushed for 600 yards and seven touchdowns … conference Player of the Year as a senior after throwing for 2,700 yards and 27 touchdowns … also rushed for 1,005 yards and 12 scores … named team MVP as a senior … also took home second-team All-Area accolades as a senior.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLbBCmJ1OT4

I personally think these guys could do work for the Flames in the coming years as well:

Nick Sigmon – LB, 6-2, 240, Roanoke, Va./Northside HS
Four-year letterwinner at Northside High School … three-time all-district honoree … finished his sophomore season with 122 tackles (98 solo), 14 tackles for a loss, five sacks and three fumble recoveries … second-team all-district honoree as a junior with 156 tackles (118 solo), 12 quarterback hurries, two interceptions, 12 tackles for a loss and four forced fumbles … helped Northside High School to a state title as a senior … Blue Ridge District Player of the Year … Region 3 co-Defensive Player of the Year … Va. Preps and Associated Press first-team all-state selection … Roanoke Times All-Timesland Defensive Player of the year … Kroger Crunch Defensive Player of the Year … also a varsity letterwinner in wrestling and baseball … son of Ronnie and Carrie Sigmon.

Bobby Partilla – LB, 6-1, 210, Gambrills, Md./Arundel HS
Two-year letterwinner at Arundel High School … all-county selection as a junior, finishing the year with 111 tackles … all-county, all-state and all-MET as a senior with 131 tackles … was named to the Anne Arundel Fab 5 defensive team as a senior … son of Robert and Kim Partilla

Tracy Curry – ATH, 6-1, 195, Ocala, Fla./Lake Weir HS
Two-year letterwinner at Lake Weir High School … threw for more than 2,700 yards and 27 touchdowns during his first two seasons … also rushed for an additional 1,809 yards and 14 touchdowns ... during his junior year, Curry completed 53.8 percent of his pass attempts (77-of-143) for 1,305 yards and 20 touchdowns … additionally rushed for 1,086 yards and three touchdowns … first-team All-Area as a senior … threw for 1,413 yards and seven touchdowns, as he completed 52.7 percent of his pass attempts (97-of-184) … also rushed for 723 yards on 104 carries during his senior year, scoring 11 times on the ground … additionally, he finished his senior year with three punt returns for touchdowns … member of the Fellowship of Christian Athletes … son of Keven and Lavern Walthall.

Kenny Scott – DB/WR, 5-10, 165, Appomattox, Va./Appomattox HS
Four-year letterwinner at Appomattox High School … all-district second-team honoree as a junior … finished his career with 5,330 total offensive yards … passed for 2,081 yards and 11 touchdowns (116-of-234) … rushed for 3,249 yards on 428 carries and 38 touchdowns … named Lynchburg News and Advance Offensive Player of the Year as a senior … second-team all-state honoree as a senior … first-team all-district and all-region honoree as a senior … two-time letterwinner in basketball … also lettered in baseball … track Region Athlete of the Year … state long jump champion as a junior with a distance of 23-8 … son of Trynne and Kim Scott … is intending to major in engineering.

LakesBison
June 30th, 2010, 01:24 PM
NDSU's is ROSEMOUNT's WR ZACH VRAA Mr Football in Minnesota.

Wildcat80
June 30th, 2010, 01:55 PM
Really not sure. They are ALL good prospects.....just wanted to see our updated UNH logo. xlolx

darell1976
June 30th, 2010, 03:57 PM
NDSU's is ROSEMOUNT's WR ZACH VRAA Mr Football in Minnesota.

Do you have stats on this guy?

UCABEARS75
July 1st, 2010, 09:53 AM
I believe Jordan Chrisman of Blue Springs H.S. in Kansas City will become a star for UCA.

6'4" 268 lbs. Two time all state. 2 star on rivals. Committed to UCA early and turned down a bunch of offers.

catbob
July 1st, 2010, 12:23 PM
We had a pretty solid class (who doesn't :)), but I would probably go with:

RB Kerry Sloan
5-11, 210, Fr, Harker Heights, TX (Harker Heights) Player Notes: Rushed for 2,524 yards and 25 touchdowns at Harker Heights, including 1,265 yards on 177 carries as a senior... tore off a 90-yard run against Killeen Shoemaker... earned first team all-district and all-region honors.

From MSU Coach Rob Ash: "Kerry Sloan is an outstanding running back prospect with an excellent combination of size and speed. He’s a big back with some moves, and he can run. We really like his combination of power and finesse."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlOYYCD1Yf4&feature=player_embedded

technocat
July 1st, 2010, 12:47 PM
Although I do like the looks of Sloan, this would be my pick:

Steven Bethley, DB

5-11, 220, Fr, Chino, CA (Don Antonio Lugo) Player Notes: Earned First Team All-Mt. Baldy Conference and All-Valley honors as a senior... first team all-league and second team All-Inland Empire honors as a junior.

From MSU Coach Rob Ash: "Steven Bethley is an all-around athlete who will play defense here at Montana State. We’ll start him at safety, but he could grow into an outside linebacker. He’s smooth, powerful and strong, and runs well. He’s a very productive player. He has a knack for the ball and for making big plays."

catbob
July 1st, 2010, 05:07 PM
I almost with with Bethley, but I agree with Will Holden that he doesn't have a true position. Kids with "Athlete" status never seem to pan out for us. But his numbers on both sides of the ball are very impressive: Bethley finished the year with 91 tackles and six interceptions. He was also a 1,200-yard rusher with 19 touchdowns.

Bethley finished the year with 91 tackles and six interceptions. He was also a 1,200-yard rusher with 19 touchdowns.

ESPN has him at a 75, and Scout has him at a 2 star with offers from Colorado State & San Diego State. Rivals has him as a 3 star.
http://insider.espn.go.com/ncf/recruiting/tracker/player?recruitId=90993

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lVVGi304Qk

txst80
July 1st, 2010, 05:15 PM
Montana State recruits the piss out of Texas, I see it every year. I played HS football not far from Harker Heights.

lionsrking2
July 2nd, 2010, 12:34 AM
Montana State recruits the piss out of Texas, I see it every year. I played HS football not far from Harker Heights.

Yes they do...I know they offered a couple of Texas kids we signed - Jordan Wells, RB, Round Rock HS, and Robert Scarpati, DT, Cy-Ridge.

bleedblue
July 2nd, 2010, 07:29 AM
I also Like Justin Burns at QB for UD but my pick would be MALCOLM YOWK - RB - 5-10 - 175 - Dover, Del. He had full rides from both Rutgers and Stanford which says a lot both on the field and in the class room.
From Scouts.com
Biography:
As a junior, Malcolm Yowk carried the ball 90 times for 1,300 yards and 13 touchdowns while sharing carries with Duron Harmon. He also caught eight passes for 150 yards and three more scores. He returned 14 kickoffs for 575 yards and three touchdowns and four punts for 100 yards and another score. On defense, he had 40 tackles, one interception, three pass breakups and a fumble recovery. Yowk has a max bench press of 275 pounds and a max squat of 450.
Yowk plans on majoring in the transportation or logistics field. He reports a 3.4 core GPA and a 1500 three-part SAT.

ASU_Fanatic
July 2nd, 2010, 10:25 AM
William Corbin going to App State. He is HUGE and has potential to be a monster on that line in a few years if he can get a little faster. I saw him in person and the only way to describe him is a BEAST.

ASU_Fanatic
July 2nd, 2010, 10:27 AM
not sure who the best is for appstate but the measurables on this guy are pretty sick:

dylan bostick OL

6'-6"
280lbs
40yd - 4.7s
bench 415lbs
squat 465lbs

apparently this kid has freakish size/speed and is cut.

http://vmedia.rivals.com/uploads/1187/899409.jpgOh yeah, this kid was like a 3* prospect and had offers from Vanderbilt and Kentucky I think!

sikolec
July 3rd, 2010, 12:12 PM
I would say for Cal Poly:

David Douglas (Safety)
Oakland, CA
5'10" 190 lbs
Rated 74 on ESPN, 2 Star from Scout.com, and 2 Star from Rivals.com

Huge pick up for Cal Poly. Was recruited by Oregon, Washington, Arizona, Arizona St.; received offers from Army, San Diego St., and Fresno St. Ultimately ended up choosing Cal Poly and we couldn't be happier.

Our other big pick up is a 5 star kicker:

James Langford (Kicker)
Pleasonton, CA
6'2" 175
5 Star by kicking recruit service

Big pick up for special teams. Kid slipped through the cracks as most of the PAC-10 teams just recently brought in new kickers, or were not in need. Cal Poly is lucky to end up with a kicker of such high caliber...
5 Star recruit, ranked top 25 kicker in the country by a kicking recruit service

PaladinFan
July 3rd, 2010, 08:30 PM
Oh yeah, this kid was like a 3* prospect and had offers from Vanderbilt and Kentucky I think!

It only took three years, but App finally signed another offensive lineman! :)

dystopiamembrane
July 4th, 2010, 09:18 PM
For Montana it has to be Quarterback Jordan Johnson.
6'1" 190 lbs. Sheldon HS, Eugene, Oregon
Grumble, grumble...traitor piece of ****...grumble.

katstrapper
July 6th, 2010, 08:27 AM
After making a change at Head Coach this year, I would have to say every recruit we got is a prize recruit. Coach Fritz seemed to raise the bar in recruiting this year after the Todd Whitten debacle. Many of the kids Whitten recruited are gone. If there is one I think the coaching staff was after was this hometown kid from Huntsville...

Forbes Baggett
# 78
DL - DL
Height: 6-2 Weight: 270

He was a three time all district selection as a defensive lineman and a two-time all district selection as offensive lineman.

Ben
July 11th, 2010, 12:58 AM
I also agree that Izzy Youyoute will be an outstanding Q.B. at GSU. Aside from his football skills, he is a natural leader and has a very strong character. Also, he is a very personable young man and I am proud to call him friend. Also, watch out for running back Aaron "Smiley" Fisher from Central High in Tulsa, Ok. He is Izzy's roommate and also a very nice kid who runs a 4.5 40 and is built very solid. Also, proud to call him friend.

Tribe4SF
July 11th, 2010, 06:46 AM
Tough call for W&M among.....

DE Mike Reilly 6'4" 240 Old Tappan, NJ- All-state and MVP of the NJ vs. NE All-Star game.

QB Raphael Ortiz 6'2" 215 Rahway, NJ- All-state and led NJ to win in same all-star game.

Safety Airek Green 6'1" 200 Midlothian, VA- VA State defensive POY just starred in VHSCA all-star game.

Safety Ivan Tagoe 6' 205 Burtonsville, MD- Consensus all-state WR, and All-Met DB who wowed coaches playing LB in the Maryland Crab Bowl.

I'll go with Tagoe who looks like the real threat to play as a true freshman. Physically mature and looks like he'll fit well with the Tribe's aggressive defensive scheme.

Brad82
July 11th, 2010, 08:00 AM
http://www.myhometownsports.net/article.php?id=2571

DJ Nettles-to URI.

Tribe4SF
July 11th, 2010, 08:00 AM
Ivan Tagoe