PDA

View Full Version : End of June Playoff Prognostications

TexasTerror
June 26th, 2010, 07:12 PM
It has been about a month since we last visited the subject of playoff prognostications, so let's try it again based on feedback I have received, information on transfers and other relevant things that have come about.

And criticize me all you want, but it sure is fun to take a stab at this thing and I'd encourage you guys to try as well! xnodx

PREVIOUS PROGNOSTICATIONS
Memorial Day Playoff Prognostications (http://anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?t=69543)

CHANGES FROM LAST PROGNOSTICATION
IN - Robert Morris, Jacksonville State, McNeese State
OUT - Central Connecticut State, Florida A&M, Weber State

AUTOMATIC BIDS (10)
Big Sky: Montana
Big South: Liberty
Colonial: Villanova
MEAC: South Carolina State
Missouri Valley: South Dakota State
Northeast: Central Connecticut State
Ohio Valley: Eastern Illinois
Patriot: Lafayette
SoCon: Appalachian State
Southland: Stephen F. Austin

AT-LARGE BIDS (10)

Big Sky: Eastern Washington
Colonial: William & Mary, New Hampshire, Richmond
Missouri Valley: Southern Illinois, Northern Iowa
Ohio Valley: Jacksonville State
Southern: Elon
Southland: McNeese State, Southeastern Louisiana

OPENING ROUND GAMES
Southeastern Louisiana @ Jacksonville State
Lafayette @ Richmond
Robert Morris @ Eastern Illinois
Liberty @ South Carolina State

SECOND ROUND GAMES

Lafayette/Richmond winner @ #1 Villanova
Eastern Washington @ Northern Iowa

Liberty/SCST winner @ #4 Appalachian State
Elon @ William & Mary

RMU/EIU winner @ #3 Southern Illinois
New Hampshire @ Stephen F Austin

McNeese State @ South Dakota State
SLU/JaxState winner @ #2 Montana

ValleyChamp
June 26th, 2010, 09:37 PM
South Dakota State is not as good as Southern Illinois.

Willie
June 26th, 2010, 09:38 PM
South Dakota State is not as good as Southern Illinois.
According to? You?

ValleyChamp
June 26th, 2010, 09:47 PM
Yes, according to me. Got a problem with it?

I don't know if SDSU has ever beaten SIU. I think that SIU just flat out has better players, and who knows if SDSU can recover from that playoff debacle last season.

TexasTerror
June 26th, 2010, 09:51 PM
I don't know if SDSU has ever beaten SIU. I think that SIU just flat out has better players, and who knows if SDSU can recover from that playoff debacle last season.

SDSU lost 38-35 in Carbondale in 2008 and 34-15 in Brookings last year.

Longhorn
June 27th, 2010, 07:51 AM
It has been about a month since we last visited the subject of playoff prognostications, so let's try it again based on feedback I have received, information on transfers and other relevant things that have come about.

And criticize me all you want, but it sure is fun to take a stab at this thing and I'd encourage you guys to try as well! xnodx

PREVIOUS PROGNOSTICATIONS
Memorial Day Playoff Prognostications (http://anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?t=69543)

CHANGES FROM LAST PROGNOSTICATION
IN - Robert Morris, Jacksonville State, McNeese State
OUT - Central Connecticut State, Florida A&M, Weber State

AUTOMATIC BIDS (10)
Big Sky: Montana
Big South: Liberty
Colonial: Villanova
MEAC: South Carolina State
Missouri Valley: South Dakota State
Northeast: Central Connecticut State
Ohio Valley: Eastern Illinois
Patriot: Lafayette
SoCon: Appalachian State
Southland: Stephen F. Austin

AT-LARGE BIDS (10)

Big Sky: Eastern Washington
Colonial: William & Mary, New Hampshire, Richmond
Missouri Valley: Southern Illinois, Northern Iowa
Ohio Valley: Jacksonville State
Southern: Elon
Southland: McNeese State, Southeastern Louisiana

OPENING ROUND GAMES
Southeastern Louisiana @ Jacksonville State
Lafayette @ Richmond
Robert Morris @ Eastern Illinois
Liberty @ South Carolina State

SECOND ROUND GAMES

Lafayette/Richmond winner @ #1 Villanova
Eastern Washington @ Northern Iowa

Liberty/SCST winner @ #4 Appalachian State
Elon @ William & Mary

RMU/EIU winner @ #3 Southern Illinois
New Hampshire @ Stephen F Austin

McNeese State @ South Dakota State
SLU/JaxState winner @ #2 Montana

It's June, and one person's guesses are as good as another. But I'd be surprised if Richmond made the playoffs this year. They've lost too much, besides their coach. There will be at least 4 CAA teams in the playoffs, just not convinced UR will be one of them.

darell1976
June 27th, 2010, 07:57 AM
I predict neither North or South Dakota will be in the playoffs.:D

NHwildEcat
June 27th, 2010, 08:34 AM
I am going to go out on a limb and say Maine will be the final team in from the CAA and not Richmond. Purely speculation though fellas.

3rd Coast Tiger
June 27th, 2010, 10:28 AM
I'm still doing research on teams so I'll wait to post my prognostications until your next pre season prognostications thread.

McNeese75
June 27th, 2010, 11:23 AM
I'm still doing research on teams so I'll wait to post my prognostications until your next pre season prognostications thread.

xlolx

Cocky
June 27th, 2010, 01:20 PM
SOCON will get more than two.

aggiemba
June 27th, 2010, 04:03 PM
No UC Davis???? I see the East Coast bias is strong in this community.

TexasTerror
June 27th, 2010, 04:09 PM
No UC Davis???? I see the East Coast bias is strong in this community.

The only poster brave enough to post playoff prognostications is from WEST of the Mississippi! Two from the Big Sky and three from the Southland. That's pretty favorable... xsmileyclapx

And how is leaving UC-Davis east coast bias? Any FCS fan would commonsense would put UC-Davis as having a VERY difficult road to make the postseason.

Perhaps you would realize that you have TWO games against FBS opposition. If you consider those as likely losses, it would take seven wins in your nine remaining games OR actually, seven in your remaining eight games since South Alabama does not count as a Division I this year - they are not classified (http://www.usajaguars.com/pdf4/392237.pdf?ATCLID=3699528&SPSID=99695&SPID=12275&DB_OEM_ID=8300)

So...you tell me this, can UC-Davis beat Portland State, South Dakota, Southern Utah and Sacramento State at home? Can they defeat San Diego, Weber State, North Dakota and Cal Poly on the road? They'll pretty much have to win each of those!

darell1976
June 27th, 2010, 04:19 PM
The only poster brave enough to post playoff prognostications is from WEST of the Mississippi! Two from the Big Sky and three from the Southland. That's pretty favorable... xsmileyclapx

And how is leaving UC-Davis east coast bias? Any FCS fan would commonsense would put UC-Davis as having a VERY difficult road to make the postseason.

Perhaps you would realize that you have TWO games against FBS opposition. If you consider those as likely losses, it would take seven wins in your nine remaining games OR actually, seven in your remaining eight games since South Alabama does not count as a Division I this year - they are not classified (http://www.usajaguars.com/pdf4/392237.pdf?ATCLID=3699528&SPSID=99695&SPID=12275&DB_OEM_ID=8300)

So...you tell me this, can UC-Davis beat Portland State, South Dakota, Southern Utah and Sacramento State at home? Can they defeat San Diego, Weber State, North Dakota and Cal Poly on the road? They'll pretty much have to win each of those!

Last time you played in Grand Forks, UND won 14-2 in the 2001 D2 playoffs...expect the same result!!:D

RabidRabbit
June 27th, 2010, 06:02 PM
Yes, according to me. Got a problem with it?

SDSU needs to demonstrate that they can win in Carbondale, and against Lennon. Lennon has had Stig's # throughout their collective history, which is out to about 14-16 games stretching back into the early 90's.

SIU is returning a solid team. They will be tough to unseat, and the Jacks will need to win it at Carbondale. I can see the Jacks, Salukis and Redbirds as co-champs at 7-2 in conference, beating each other on home turf. UNI victory becomes the key for these three as Panthers finish 4th again. Panthers have a BIG replace issues this year.

That loss to MT will have NO bearing on the Jacks other than to return again for another shot at the play-offs. It's a crying shame that the trip to Missoula is shorter for the Jacks than virtually any other non-Big Sky opponent.

darell1976
June 27th, 2010, 06:07 PM
SDSU needs to demonstrate that they can win in Carbondale, and against Lennon. Lennon has had Stig's # throughout their collective history, which is out to about 14-16 games stretching back into the early 90's.

SIU is returning a solid team. They will be tough to unseat, and the Jacks will need to win it at Carbondale. I can see the Jacks, Salukis and Redbirds as co-champs at 7-2 in conference, beating each other on home turf. UNI victory becomes the key for these three as Panthers finish 4th again. Panthers have a BIG replace issues this year.

That loss to MT will have NO bearing on the Jacks other than to return again for another shot at the play-offs. It's a crying shame that the trip to Missoula is shorter for the Jacks than virtually any other non-Big Sky opponent.

The last game of the year against North Dakota could make or break SDSU's chances for the playoffs since UND has nothing to lose. SDSU better be ready!! I cannot wait to renew the rivalry.