PDA

View Full Version : Sports Network: NEC Preview

TexasTerror
June 23rd, 2010, 08:28 PM
The NEC is looking forward to their first playoff appearance in the expanded Div I bracket.

Philadelphia, PA (Sports Network) - With the Northeast Conference champion set to appear in the FCS playoffs for the first time this season, 74-year-old Robert Morris football coach Joe Walton has too enticing a goal to consider retiring.

"I keep waiting for Joe Paterno to retire," JoeWa says of JoePa with a laugh, "and then I'll have to start thinking about it. I'm a young guy compared to Joe (Paterno is 83)."

What never gets old is championship football, and the NEC winner (like the Big South Conference winner) will earn its first automatic bid to the expanded, 20-team playoffs. Robert Morris will enter the season as the NEC's most energized team after it overcame an 0-6 start by winning its final five games last season.

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/news/newstest.aspx?id=4320573

danefan
June 24th, 2010, 10:06 AM
Good article. The NEC is RMU's to lose this year I think.

Albany is suspect right now having to replace McCarty, Bush, Esposito and pretty much the whole defensive interior and secondary.

CCSU without Mallory isn't the same team.

Wagner will also be solid, but they have to get stronger on the line of scrimmage to compete the whole season.

DetroitFlyer
June 24th, 2010, 10:16 AM
The Robert Morris at Dayton game to open the season should be a great one! Should get some consideration for the game of the week! This has turned into a good rivalry and suffice it to say there is just a bit of "dislike" between these two teams. The outcome could be telling for both programs in 2010.

TexasTerror
June 25th, 2010, 07:57 PM
The Robert Morris at Dayton game to open the season should be a great one! Should get some consideration for the game of the week! This has turned into a good rivalry and suffice it to say there is just a bit of "dislike" between these two teams. The outcome could be telling for both programs in 2010.

Just curious why the Robert Morris-Dayton game should get consideration for the Game of the Week?

You bring up a rivalry and I'll be honest, I am not aware of the rivalry. What's happened over the last few years?

Is this like the MEAC-SWAC Challenge that fills in for the SWAC's wish of a Legacy Classic? Sort of like an early season Gridiron Classic in wake of the fact that the game is no more?