PDA

View Full Version : Big South RBs

bjtheflamesfan
June 23rd, 2010, 08:53 AM
After some good discussions on the QBs for next year, I thought Id take a look at the other guys that will be in the backfield:

(Note: Im going on the top two returning rushers from 2009 so this could be subject to change once training camp starts. If I have missed any names or names are listed in error, would a fan from the school in question please let me know. Also, the rankings at the end are based only on my personal opinion.)

Charleston Southern

DeMarcus Moon 67 Rushes 322 Yds 1 TD
BJ Hackworth 31 Rushes 156 Yds 2 TDs

Coastal Carolina
Eric O'Neal 89 Rushes 377 Yds 2 TDs
Jeremy Height 59 Rushes 225 Yds 0 TDs

Gardner-Webb
Patrick Hall 108 Rushes 599 Yds 12 TDs
Kenny Little 59 Rushes 299 Yds 2 TDs

Liberty
Aldreakis Allen 118 Rushes 530 Yds 9 TDs
SirChauncey Holloway 54 Rushes 285 Yds 7 TDs

Presbyterian
Lance Byrd 127 Rushes 700 Yds 4 TDs
Trandon Dendy 133 Rushes 554 Yds 5 TDs

Stony Brook
Edwin Gowins 145 Rushes 890 Yds 9 TDs
Eddie Mateo 26 Rushes 154 Yds 0 TDs

VMI
TJ Talley 28 Rushes 150 Yds 0 TDs
Michael Rainey-Wiles 26 Rushes 101 Yds 1 TD

This one probably was more open than the QBs because a lot of the conference RBs are returning. In fact, four of the top ten rushers are back for 2010. VMI led in total rushing but with the change to a more conventional offense we will see if they can put up the gaudy numbers they did with the triple option. Looking over some of the spring game recaps it looks like some teams will have some freshmen making a case to run with the first team come the fall and so these guys listed are going to have to really step their game up to stay on their team's two-deep. Based on what I have though Id rank the teams this way:

1. Stony Brook
2. Liberty
3. Gardner-Webb
4. Coastal Carolina
5. Presbyterian
6. Charleston Southern
7. VMI

Uncle Buck
June 23rd, 2010, 03:53 PM
Look for Hofstra transfer Brock Jackolski to add a nice punch to the SBU offense. Gowins and Brock could be a heck of tandem with Jackolski allegedly getting a lot more time on offense at SBU compared to what he saw at Hofstra. Also in the well, Miguel Maysonet who looked like a dynamite freshman at Hofstra, he's supposed to be redshirting this year.