PDA

View Full Version : October 16, Harvard at Lehigh is now Lehigh at Harvard

ngineer
June 21st, 2010, 10:08 PM
Officially announced that a scheduling 'misunderstanding' by both schools resulted in both listing the 10/16 game as a home game. Lehigh has agreed to travel to Cambridge for a 12 noon kickoff as Harvard only had 4 home games this year. Not clear whether the Crimson will return in 2011.

Go Lehigh TU owl
June 21st, 2010, 10:59 PM
While it certainly stinks that Lehigh is losing a home game, going to Cambridge isn't exactly like walking in to a hornets nest. Bottom line, this is a game that Lehigh needs to win if it's home or away.

Sader87
June 21st, 2010, 11:26 PM
And once again the Patriot League genuflects/caves in to the Ivy League...at long last have we no shame?

Bogus Megapardus
June 22nd, 2010, 06:35 AM
And once again the Patriot League genuflects/caves in to the Ivy League...at long last have we no shame?

Indeed, the Crimson will play only one OOC away game this year. Guess where?
So much for HC/Lehigh "scheduling power."

Franks Tanks
June 22nd, 2010, 08:28 AM

HAHA..

We also had Penn come to Fisher Field two years in a row!

Go Lehigh TU owl
June 22nd, 2010, 08:51 AM
HAHA..

We also had Penn come to Fisher Field two years in a row!

The Ivies have weird scheduling arrangements with some of the PL schools. Lehigh's had a few 2 home then 2 away with Princeton and Yale the last 10 years.

I believe Lehigh is the only team in the PL not to play an NEC team away. Not saying that's necessarily a good thing but it's interesting.

Go Lehigh TU owl
June 22nd, 2010, 08:53 AM

Lafayette had the home and home with Richmond a few years ago and Liberty is a good series but as a whole the 'Pards have not stepped up their OOC scheduling.

Franks Tanks
June 22nd, 2010, 09:16 AM
Lafayette had the home and home with Richmond a few years ago and Liberty is a good series but as a whole the 'Pards have not stepped up their OOC scheduling.

Its more of a reluctance to do so by the AD rather than an inability to get those games. We play 4 ivies every single year so that really only leaves one "other" team to play each year. This year we have Stoney Brook--- they will be a very good team, but i'm not super excited with the game.

Lehigh Football Nation
June 22nd, 2010, 09:23 AM
I believe Lehigh is the only team in the PL not to play an NEC team away. Not saying that's necessarily a good thing but it's interesting.

Considering we haven't beaten a NEC team at home in the Andy Coen era, I would definitely say that it's not a good thing.

Its more of a reluctance to do so by the AD rather than an inability to get those games. We play 4 ivies every single year so that really only leaves one "other" team to play each year. This year we have Stoney Brook--- they will be a very good team, but i'm not super excited with the game.

Stony Brook is a loaded team. You guys will have your hands full.

Franks Tanks
June 22nd, 2010, 09:27 AM
Considering we haven't beaten a NEC team at home in the Andy Coen era, I would definitely say that it's not a good thing.

Stony Brook is a loaded team. You guys will have your hands full.

Yup-- many of Hofstra's best players went over to the Seawolves.