PDA

View Full Version : SWAC News: AAMU's Louis Crews Classic

mikebigg
June 16th, 2010, 09:03 AM
Props to AAMU on recognizing their former Coach with the naming/establishing of the Louis Crews Classic... I would like to see Grambling create a similar Eddie Robinson Classic to open up our home schedule each season. This is a nice way to tie in and reconnect with alums and the local business communities. Kudos!!!!

http://www.swac.org/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/040810aab.html

3rd Coast Tiger
June 16th, 2010, 09:07 AM
Congrats Bulldogs! xhurrayx

Yes, I agree with you Mike, the Icon should do likewise. xthumbsupx

mikebigg
June 16th, 2010, 09:23 AM
Congrats Bulldogs! xhurrayx

Yes, I agree with you Mike, the Icon should do likewise. xthumbsupx

It's a no-brainer in my opinion. Maybe we should petition the NCAA for the right to have a 12 game regular season schedule so that we can add an extra game at the beginning of the season. Right now, we have the Port City Classic in Shreveport for the Labor Day Weekend and an open date the following week. Rather than an open date...we could SET the next weekend as a home game each season for the EGR Classic.

I think Southern is putting together or has started the A.W. "Ace" Mumford Classic and JSU has the W.C. Gordon Classic for their legendary coaches. However, I don't think either of them has it as an "extra" game. I'd like to see the NCAA allow us the right to have that extra game... (Actually, I think the entire League should have the right to play an extra game as we're not FCS Playoff participants anyway).

mikebigg
June 16th, 2010, 10:52 AM
The other leagues restricted themselves from the 12 game schedule...

Those in the conference who can't schedule 12 will have the option of not doing so...it applies only to those who chooses that option.

3rd Coast Tiger
June 16th, 2010, 03:21 PM
Wondering if Prairie View will form a Billy Nicks Classic? xbowx

mikebigg
June 16th, 2010, 04:08 PM
Wondering if Prairie View will form a Billy Nicks Classic? xbowx

Wouldn't be a bad idea... Almost like having two homecoming per season.

I think it's an excellent idea whether there's a 12th game or not...