PDA

View Full Version : QB Jacob Bower Joins McNeese State Football Team

McNeese75
June 10th, 2010, 07:47 PM
It can't hurt :D

http://www.mcneesesports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=22000&ATCLID=204958549

TexasTerror
June 10th, 2010, 07:51 PM
Probably a good thing for McNeese in wake of the career-ending injury to the younger Fourroux and the young QB stable. Probably best for him to play a year and keep things together while the Pokes have a chance to develop some of their young guys, much in the way we intended Joseph last year at Sam.

Every SLC school now has FBS transfer QBs as potential starters in light of the TXST and McN add-ons with the exception of SFA and Nicholls...right?

msusig
June 10th, 2010, 10:58 PM
Probably a good thing for McNeese in wake of the career-ending injury to the younger Fourroux and the young QB stable. Probably best for him to play a year and keep things together while the Pokes have a chance to develop some of their young guys, much in the way we intended Joseph last year at Sam.

Every SLC school now has FBS transfer QBs as potential starters in light of the TXST and McN add-ons with the exception of SFA and Nicholls...right?

That was the only missing piece in the puzzle to have a shot at the playoffs! Hope he is good enough to help us win.

McNeese72
June 10th, 2010, 11:13 PM
Couldn't happen at a better time for us with all the QB injuries I've heard about lately.

Doc

GAD
June 11th, 2010, 08:43 AM
Did McNeese sign the Brisco kid from Central?

McNeese75
June 11th, 2010, 05:07 PM

Yes, both Briscoe Brothers are coming to McNeese

JohnStOnge
June 12th, 2010, 08:18 AM
Well, it messes up the thing I like to say about all of McNeese's players being from within a 205 mile radius of the McNeese campus but I think I can live with that. Just read the thread about this on the McNeese board and it sounds like the QB situation was worse than I thought with all the injury problems combined with the inexperience. Saw the videos of this guys and it's obvious he has the physical tools both in terms of his athleticism and his arm. Hope he's got the mental tools as well cuz if he does McNeese should be in pretty decent shape with all the other players they have coming back. Now if only someone could wave a magic wand and fix Javaris Murray. Sigh.

McNeese72
June 12th, 2010, 08:31 PM

Yes, but he will be on the shelf this season as he tore and then had surgery (from what I have heard) on an ACL in the offseason.

A one year graduate student QB transfer couldn't happen at a better time. Plus, from what I read about him, he is a great guy.

Jacob Bower Story (http://www.americanpress.com/lc/blogs/wpnewssum/?p=9259)

Doc

GAD
June 20th, 2010, 12:13 PM
Yes, but he will be on the shelf this season as he tore and then had surgery (from what I have heard) on an ACL in the offseason.

A one year graduate student QB transfer couldn't happen at a better time. Plus, from what I read about him, he is a great guy.

Jacob Bower Story (http://www.americanpress.com/lc/blogs/wpnewssum/?p=9259)

Doc
This kid is gonna be a good QB, didn't know he was hurt

off topic:How is the fieldhouse coming along? any pictures of the progress?

DG Cowboy
June 20th, 2010, 02:25 PM
This kid is gonna be a good QB, didn't know he was hurt

off topic:How is the fieldhouse coming along? any pictures of the progress?

Yes, go to http://www.mcneesesports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=22000&ATCLID=204957655 and there is one. More soon.

msusig
June 20th, 2010, 09:27 PM
Well, it messes up the thing I like to say about all of McNeese's players being from within a 205 mile radius of the McNeese campus but I think I can live with that. Just read the thread about this on the McNeese board and it sounds like the QB situation was worse than I thought with all the injury problems combined with the inexperience. Saw the videos of this guys and it's obvious he has the physical tools both in terms of his athleticism and his arm. Hope he's got the mental tools as well cuz if he does McNeese should be in pretty decent shape with all the other players they have coming back. Now if only someone could wave a magic wand and fix Javaris Murray. Sigh.

He should be mature quarterback since he is 25 and married. His background is impressive. I think with Babin at runningback and this guy at QB we have a great shot at the playoffs! Hopefully the injury bug will stay away.