PDA

View Full Version : TXST Clears Up QB Situation with FBS Transfer?

TexasTerror
June 9th, 2010, 08:23 PM
Latest rumor has UTEP QB Andy McCloud leaving El Paso for San Marcos.

TXST has a QB situation with no true quarterback really proving himself and the number one out of spring camp (Eric Soza) destined for another school - rumored to be UTSA.

Here's a CSN article explaining how TXST got into this predicament...

http://www.collegesportingnews.com/entry.php?74-TXST-Seeks-a-Starting-QB-amp-SLC-Quick-Hits

smallcollegefbfan
June 9th, 2010, 09:19 PM
Latest rumor has UTEP QB Andy McCloud leaving El Paso for San Marcos.

TXST has a QB situation with no true quarterback really proving himself and the number one out of spring camp (Eric Soza) destined for another school - rumored to be UTSA.

Here's a CSN article explaining how TXST got into this predicament...

http://www.collegesportingnews.com/entry.php?74-TXST-Seeks-a-Starting-QB-amp-SLC-Quick-Hits

Good job on the blog there Texas Terror. It will be interesting to see what happens. xthumbsupx

TexasTerror
June 10th, 2010, 04:54 AM
Not sure what this web site is, but it confirms it...

http://ourfieldhouse.com/articles/former-woodlands-qb-transfers/#more-516

McNeese75
June 10th, 2010, 07:40 PM
TT, you might check Geauxcowboys for some interesting news out of the McNeese camp as well today xnodx

McNeese75
June 10th, 2010, 07:44 PM
Not sure what this web site is, but it confirms it...

http://ourfieldhouse.com/articles/former-woodlands-qb-transfers/#more-516

Looks like a nice pickup but does this really solve their dilemma? He is a freshman coming off a redshirt season so I am not sure how much immediate help he will provide.

txstatebobcat
June 10th, 2010, 08:57 PM
Looks like a nice pickup but does this really solve their dilemma? He is a freshman coming off a redshirt season so I am not sure how much immediate help he will provide.

It means that we will have three talented QBs fighting it out for the starting role during two-a-days. Although I don't see a true starter being named until the start of conference play.

McNeese75
June 11th, 2010, 02:28 AM
It means that we will have three talented QBs fighting it out for the starting role during two-a-days. Although I don't see a true starter being named until the start of conference play.

No doubt you have some talent so I guess this takes you back to where you were before Sosa left.

TXST_CAT
June 11th, 2010, 04:03 PM
No doubt you have some talent so I guess this takes you back to where you were before Sosa left.

Even better than before talent wise. But yea three QBs all can lead and win. Might be why Sosa bailed. xeyebrowx

SM_Bobcat
July 9th, 2010, 10:59 AM

Soza never had the starting job to himself. According to the media the main reason Soza left, was he was on a partial scholarship to begin with, and after the Spring requested a full scholarship but was denied.... It was then, that he saw the writing on the wall, that at best he was just a part time answer at QB.

If you listen to Brad Wright, Hawkins was still the #1 QB coming out of Spring Ball, despite Soza looking better in the spring game.

TexasTerror
August 14th, 2010, 01:14 PM
HE GONE!

Blow to the Bobcat program...they have now lost two possible starting QBs (Soza to UTSA figured to factor into the QB starting position, even if he was #2 - since it was not clearly Hawkins as the front-runner) since the end of spring...

I think this sets them back this year - see Hawkins - but allows Ardnt to handle the reigns to himself in '11.

From Twitter...

smdrtyler: One note from today's scrimmage - QB Andy McCloud has left the team. More on this later. #TXST

Have been hearing McCloud's heart wasn't in it any longer. #TXST RT @ColinyGal: @smdrtyler - you gonna let us in on the McCloud situation?

txst80
August 14th, 2010, 02:49 PM
Well Hawkins has in fact been the front runner since the day George left campus, regardless of what you say. It is a blow to the program, but in reality it is 2 back-up qbs that have left the program since the end of spring. Definitely doesn't help, but we are not as worried as you make us out to be.

We are down to 3 1/2 qbs for 2010. Hawkins, Bryan Hill, Arndt, and QB turned WR Alvaro Garcia still knows the offense at the QB position if we needed him.

TexasTerror
August 14th, 2010, 03:28 PM
Would the TXST fans be comfortable with Ardnt under center this year? Or would they rather is he's going to be the #2, that he redshirt?

txst80
August 14th, 2010, 03:48 PM
Would the TXST fans be comfortable with Ardnt under center this year? Or would they rather is he's going to be the #2, that he redshirt?

I don't know if we are capable of red-shirting a QB this year with the depth we have at the position. I would personally love for Arndt to be able to red-shirt, but will we be able to get through the season with pretty much just Hawkins and Hill?

MaximumBobcat
August 14th, 2010, 05:14 PM
This is actually good news.

I am happy to see that our coaching staff has outed the weak-links in the program. So far we've lost 1 QB who (IMO) didn't want to put in the work to compete for the starting position and now we've just lost another who doesn't even want to play football anymore at all.

Would MUCH rather have this kind of stuff come out during early August with no real consequences than have players on the team putting in half-efforts or bringing bad blood into the locker room once the season starts.

TexasTerror
August 14th, 2010, 05:53 PM
I don't know if we are capable of red-shirting a QB this year with the depth we have at the position. I would personally love for Arndt to be able to red-shirt, but will we be able to get through the season with pretty much just Hawkins and Hill?

Guess it depends what your thoughts on Garcia are...

Do you guys feel that Hawkins and Hill are both servicable with Garcia an "okay" third guy? Problem I guess lies in if one of the two gets hurt and then you'll have to burn Ardnt's redshirt...