LB: Terence Thomas, Nova
DB: Korey Lindsey, S. Ill
DB: Mark LeGree, App State
DB: Jason House, Southern
DB: T.J. Heath, Jacksonville St.
P: Jonathan Plisco, ODU

GeauxLions94
June 8th, 2010, 10:01 AM
Just some observations ... find it hard to believe that only one Southland school (SFA) gets mention when McNeese State, Texas State along with Southeastern and Central Arkansas could all get notice this year.

Top 25

1. Villanova
2. Montana
3. Appalachian State
4. Southern Illinois
5. Richmond
6. Stephen F. Austin
7. South Dakota State
8. James Madison <--- too high
9. Elon
10. New Hampshire
11. Prairie View A&M <--- too high
12. Montana State <--- too high
13. William & Mary
14. Holy Cross <--- too high
15. South Carolina State
16. Illinois State
17. Samford <---huh???
18. Delaware
19. Eastern Kentucky
20 Colgate
21. Eastern Washington <--- not high enough
22. Wofford
23. Penn
24. Cal Poly
25. Northern Iowa <--- huh??? would definitely move higher

Sonic98
June 8th, 2010, 10:09 AM
So far I have no problem with it. I guess we will just have to see how things play out

PhoenixPhan06
June 8th, 2010, 11:59 AM
First poll that I've seen to have Samford and Wofford ranked and not Furman

SouthernMan
June 8th, 2010, 12:24 PM
I mean absolutely no dis-respect to Wofford, but how are they ranked?

AppAlum2003
June 8th, 2010, 12:43 PM
I mean absolutely no dis-respect to Wofford, but how are they ranked?

The lil' pups dealt with a TON of injuries last year and were a pre-season top 25 team. If they can stay healthy, I can definitely see them finishing in the top 20 year this.

Syntax Error
June 8th, 2010, 03:24 PM
First poll that I've seen to have Samford and Wofford ranked and not Furman

Not a poll but better ranking than other mags have provided so far.

SU DOG
June 8th, 2010, 04:20 PM
Of course I'm biased to begin with, but I don't think that many people(SoCon and otherwise) realize just how good the Bulldog defense can be this year. Naturally, this carries the usual "ifs" of injuries, etc. The offense is the question. Not much was lost offensively from last year's team, but it was certainly a huge disappointment to Samford Fans. This is the season that Coach Sullivan has pointed to since becoming the HC, and should the offense get going this year, Samford will be a FORCE.

citdog
June 8th, 2010, 04:25 PM
is this the same samford defense that the 4th string Qb from The Citadel carved up last season????

SU DOG
June 8th, 2010, 05:45 PM
is this the same samford defense that the 4th string Qb from The Citadel carved up last season????

NO, this one is much better.:) No doubt that Tommy Edwards had a great game against us, but the 3 real problems were - the returns of Andre, the defensive play of Cortez Allen, and again our lack of a decent offense. BTW, what happened to Edwards as I don't see him listed on your 2010 roster?

Bam
June 9th, 2010, 10:19 AM
EKU's Jeremy Caldwell should be 1st team DB. Other than that I like the picks.

Panther88
June 9th, 2010, 11:02 AM
Prairie View A&M is ranked too low. We should be ranked much higher. We're easily a top-10 squad.

RabidRabbit
June 9th, 2010, 11:40 AM
Prairie View A&M is ranked too low. We should be ranked much higher. We're easily a top-10 squad.

PV A&M may be the best of the SWAC, but who are they going to test against that is acknowledged as top 15 FCS? Unfortunately, the rest of the SWAC will have few, if any, wins vs a non-SWAC top 15 FCS. Does PV A&M have a game vs ANY FCS teams not in the SWAC (and unless FAMU & SCSU, hopefully not vs MEAC)? If playing 1 non-DI for extra home game, and going to an FBS for $$ and likely loss, then PV will be hard pressed to be a top 10, even with no losses besides the FBS game.

Good luck to the Panthers, as there were too many years when PVA&M was bad, and need that string of good years to build. Maybe PVA&M can build a reputation as a power outside the SWAC, but it will take more non-SWAC FCS wins against top of the other conference teams to get there.

4th and What?
June 9th, 2010, 12:55 PM
I completely agree, if Villanova loses Szczur, Richmond will walk through the CAA :)

crusader11
June 9th, 2010, 11:26 PM
I completely agree, if Villanova loses Szczur, Richmond will walk through the CAA :)

No team will simply walk through the CAA.

PaladinFan
June 10th, 2010, 06:00 AM
Wofford's issues were not all injuries. They got blown out in games all season last year.

Not sure Wofford and Samford deserve consideration over Furman as the Paladins are arguably better in 2010, beat both, and finished ahead of them in the conference in 2009.

LeadBolt
June 10th, 2010, 08:36 AM
No team will simply walk through the CAA.

Correct. I believe that Villanova without Szczur, along with 6 other schools have a shot at the title. Unlike the rest of those potential conference champions, I don't believe Villanova has a chance of of finishing 7th.

jmufan999
June 10th, 2010, 08:42 AM
Not sure Wofford and Samford deserve consideration over Furman as the Paladins are arguably better in 2010, beat both, and finished ahead of them in the conference in 2009.

THAT'S how you make a compelling argument. i'm sold...

jmufan999
June 10th, 2010, 08:46 AM
Correct. I believe that Villanova without Szczur, along with 6 other schools have a shot at the title. Unlike the rest of those potential conference champions, I don't believe Villanova has a chance of of finishing 7th.

interesting way of looking at it... yeah, i'd agree with that. hard for me to see them finishing any worse than 4th, even without Szczur. this is a SLIGHTLY down year for the CAA, in my opinion. Nova at the top but i don't see a clear-cut #2. major question marks for pretty much everyone else. and before someone responds, QUESTION MARKS don't necessarily mean the team will be bad. it's just that... an unknown.

EIU02
June 10th, 2010, 09:03 AM
Wow!!! Illinois State that high. Bring on on the Prairie State Game on November 13th. EIU - ISU. Should be a dandy. Go Panthers.

EIU02
June 10th, 2010, 09:04 AM
EIU has two senior corners. Rashad Haynes and CJ James are big time players. Should be a crowed OVC 1st team at CB.

Bam
June 10th, 2010, 09:24 AM
EIU has two senior corners. Rashad Haynes and CJ James are big time players. Should be a crowed OVC 1st team at CB.

D looks good. What about EIU's QB situation?

jstclmet
June 10th, 2010, 11:47 AM
interesting way of looking at it... yeah, i'd agree with that. hard for me to see them finishing any worse than 4th, even without Szczur. this is a SLIGHTLY down year for the CAA, in my opinion. Nova at the top but i don't see a clear-cut #2. major question marks for pretty much everyone else. and before someone responds, QUESTION MARKS don't necessarily mean the team will be bad. it's just that... an unknown.

You can probably expect to see a lot of 4 - 4 CAA conference records (probably 3 - 4 teams). The OOC record will be huge come playoff time.

Based on my conversations with coaches/SID's so far (7 of the 10), the early gauge has UD @ 7 - 4 with one of those W's against WCU. Not to say that the Blue Hens cannot improve or falter, but 7 - 4 should be attainable, and still an improvement over 09. The question will be, will they be considered for an "AL" with only 6 D1 W's.

CopperCat
June 10th, 2010, 11:10 PM
Just some observations ... find it hard to believe that only one Southland school (SFA) gets mention when McNeese State, Texas State along with Southeastern and Central Arkansas could all get notice this year.

Top 25

1. Villanova
2. Montana
3. Appalachian State
4. Southern Illinois
5. Richmond
6. Stephen F. Austin
7. South Dakota State
8. James Madison <--- too high
9. Elon
10. New Hampshire
11. Prairie View A&M <--- too high