PDA

View Full Version : Dismissed Texas WR to Southeastern La.

TexasTerror
June 8th, 2010, 07:27 AM
Fox 26 in Houston is reporting that the University of Texas receiver Brandon Collins, who was dismissed from the team, will find a new home at Southeastern.

Houston - Former University of Texas receiver Brandon Collins told FOX 26 Sports Monday he will transfer to Southeastern Louisiana.

"I decided to go to Southeastern Louisiana," Collins said in an interview with FOX 26 Sports. "They have a great program, 18 out of 22 starters returning and a left tackle who is on everybody's draft board.

"They also have a quarterback named Tyler Beatty who transferred from Baylor."

http://www.myfoxhouston.com/dpp/sports/ncaa_football/100607-former-ut-receiver-collins-to-transfer-to-se-louisiana

RabidRabbit
June 8th, 2010, 08:33 AM
Fox 26 in Houston is reporting that the University of Texas receiver Brandon Collins, who was dismissed from the team, will find a new home at Southeastern.

Houston - Former University of Texas receiver Brandon Collins told FOX 26 Sports Monday he will transfer to Southeastern Louisiana.

"I decided to go to Southeastern Louisiana," Collins said in an interview with FOX 26 Sports. "They have a great program, 18 out of 22 starters returning and a left tackle who is on everybody's draft board.

"They also have a quarterback named Tyler Beatty who transferred from Baylor."

http://www.myfoxhouston.com/dpp/sports/ncaa_football/100607-former-ut-receiver-collins-to-transfer-to-se-louisiana

Since he was dismissed, he will have to sit this year, and be eligible in 2011?

Could be a good thing for the Lions, if they can deal with the problem child issues. Baylor transfer QB also?

TexasTerror
June 8th, 2010, 08:46 AM
Since he was dismissed, he will have to sit this year, and be eligible in 2011?

No, he will be eligible just like any other kid that is transferring from FBS to FCS, as long as he meets the requirements...

Plenty of kids with behavioral, criminal issues at FBS schools that move down. Just ask TXST, who just added the Navy kid who got thrown out for drug use...

http://anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?t=69452

mikebigg
June 8th, 2010, 10:04 AM
No, he will be eligible just like any other kid that is transferring from FBS to FCS, as long as he meets the requirements...

Plenty of kids with behavioral, criminal issues at FBS schools that move down. Just ask TXST, who just added the Navy kid who got thrown out for drug use...
http://anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?t=69452

xsmhx

TexasTerror
June 8th, 2010, 10:43 AM
xsmhx

Hey, if the kids are cleaned up - does it really matter? Shouldn't people in life receive a second chance? I am sure Grambling has given their fair share of second chances and would be willing to take a flier on a kid who had some problems...

From what I gather, it's just as common, if not more so in the SWAC... xviolinx

mikebigg
June 8th, 2010, 11:22 AM
Hey, if the kids are cleaned up - does it really matter? Shouldn't people in life receive a second chance? I am sure Grambling has given their fair share of second chances and would be willing to take a flier on a kid who had some problems...

From what I gather, it's just as common, if not more so in the SWAC... xviolinx

No dude...I'm shaking my head at your diss of TxSt for giving the kid a second chance. As for what you're "sure of about Grambling", you are wrong. We've passed on some kids from D1 who didn't fit what we wanted as a person and/or as a player just as we've taken some who our staff feels can help us and us them. Just so you'll know, our staff didn't jump head first into the Ryan Perrilloux sweepstakes just because he was talented. We didn't reject him, but we didn't woo/court him either.

Nevertheless...the fact remains that you tried to diss the Navy kid and also TxState with your "added on" comment. Do you stick your nose in everyone's affairs just to be critical? **** man!!!! xsmhx

TexasTerror
June 8th, 2010, 11:52 AM
No dude...I'm shaking my head at your diss of TxSt for giving the kid a second chance.

It was the most recent one. If you want me to go back a few years, I could pull up SHSU with Rhett Bomar! Heck, SHSU with Mario Kinsey!

Nevertheless...the fact remains that you tried to diss the Navy kid and also TxState with your "added on" comment. Do you stick your nose in everyone's affairs just to be critical? **** man!!!! xsmhx

Nope - just posted the most recent one.

It was not a 'diss' of TXST or smack intended, just bringing up the most recent second chance opportunity, one that came a few weeks ago...

Perhaps I can throw in Tyrik Rollison, who had grade issues (no criminal activity) at Auburn before moving to SHSU, but he's not confirmed for SHSU...

NSUDemon98
June 8th, 2010, 01:29 PM
Nice...I think it was several months ago SLU fans were bragging about how they don't take hardly any transfers, and trouble transfers at that...

GeauxLions94
June 8th, 2010, 03:05 PM
Nice...I think it was several months ago SLU fans were bragging about how they don't take hardly any transfers, and trouble transfers at that...

Since QB Tyler Beatty (Baylor) is the only 4-year transfer on the 2010 roster as of today, I guess we can brag about that. It's definitely less than the 7 DI transfers on the 2010 Demon roster (BTW down from 13 in 2009). xcoffeex

We took a bunch of DI transfers during Hal Mumme's tenure. Since Mike Lucas has taken over as head coach in 2007, Beatty is the only DI transfer we've taken (Jay Lucas came here in 2006 when Dennis Roland was head coach)

2010 Southeastern Louisiana Football Roster (http://www.lionsports.net/roster.aspx?path=football&roster=38&)

TexasTerror
June 8th, 2010, 03:08 PM
Since QB Tyler Beatty (Baylor) is the only 4-year transfer on the 2010 roster as of today, I guess we can brag about that. It's definitely less than the 7 DI transfers on the 2010 Demon roster (BTW down from 13 in 2009). xcoffeex

Only real transfers for the SLU program come from the Mississippi JUCO ranks under Mike Lucas...

Got to give him credit, building that program up the right way... xsmileyclapx

mikebigg
June 8th, 2010, 04:43 PM
Southeastern has a fine program and they recruit very well. I'd like to play them as I think it would be a game of huge interest. We have alumni/fans in that area and need to connect even moreso with that Southeast La recruiting territory. They might be a future Port City Classic opponent in Shreveport...

NSUDemon98
June 8th, 2010, 05:13 PM

We took a bunch of DI transfers during Hal Mumme's tenure. Since Mike Lucas has taken over as head coach in 2007, Beatty is the only DI transfer we've taken (Jay Lucas came here in 2006 when Dennis Roland was head coach)

2010 Southeastern Louisiana Football Roster (http://www.lionsports.net/roster.aspx?path=football&roster=38&)

xcoffeex But my point is...is that really something to brag about? really? I mean who really cares unless someone's roster is just littered with them? xcoffeex

You either take transfers or you don't...there is no in between. Personally, I really don't care, transfers or not....just found it interesting that some SLU fans were bragging and dogging other schools for taking transfers.