PDA

View Full Version : Sports Network: SWAC Role Reversal

TexasTerror
June 7th, 2010, 08:41 PM
Nothing like more love for Henry Frazier III. Wonder if he'd like a chance at the Division I playoffs?

Prairie View is at the top of the league and Grambling has faltered to some degree. What will be interesting is if Texas Southern can live up to some of the preseason hype that they are receiving and can make their move up the standings. We'll know at the Labor Day Classic...

Philadelphia, PA (Sports Network) - Those "How did you spend your summer vacation?" papers were given an early twist at Prairie View A&M. During spring practices, head coach Henry Frazier III had each of his players write a half- page paper that answered the question "How do champions prepare?"

Considering the Panthers are coming off their first Southwestern Athletic Conference title since 1964, Frazier expects as many right answers on paper as he will on the playing field.

"We're in uncharted territory as defending champions," said the winner of the 2009 Eddie Robinson Award, which honors the FCS Coach of the Year. "I don't think anyone in the program has ever experienced this here at Prairie View. Forty-five years is the last championship here at Prairie View. I wasn't born."

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/misc/haley/index.htm

3rd Coast Tiger
June 8th, 2010, 12:40 AM
Here we go with "playoff" talk.

Why don't you just simply call the man and ask him? He's very approachable; I talk to him all the time. You are in athletic administration; pick up the phone.

mikebigg
June 8th, 2010, 05:47 AM
Here we go with "playoff" talk.

Why don't you just simply call the man and ask him? He's very approachable; I talk to him all the time. You are in athletic administration; pick up the phone.

Gets old doesn't it... I bet even those who are proponents of the Playoffs get sick and tired of his obsession and constant postings on what the SWAC should or shouldn't do with our programs.

TexasTerror
June 8th, 2010, 07:22 AM
Gets old doesn't it... I bet even those who are proponents of the Playoffs get sick and tired of his obsession and constant postings on what the SWAC should or shouldn't do with our programs.

Never wanted to make this about the SWAC and the playoffs...

Poor HF3 is just trying to get out of conference games most year. If you really want me to get into it about PV, want me to talk about their failed communication efforts with SHSU a few years ago as it pertains to scheduling? xwhistlex

Prairie View is the top dog in the SWAC. It's nice to see a change of pace from when Grambling and Southern dominated the western side of the league. Seems that SU and Grambling had a cake walk for so many years with TSU and PV playing the role of cellar dweller for so long...

Has UAPB always been fully funded for scholarships?