PDA

View Full Version : JSU Stadium, Name Goes Up

Redbirdz
June 4th, 2010, 04:21 PM
This really looks nice and the stadium upgrade is coming to a conclusion. It should be ready by mid-August in plenty of time for the season home opener against Chattanooga, Sept. 11.

The Cats
June 4th, 2010, 04:24 PM
No pics ?

JSU02
June 5th, 2010, 12:17 PM
Here ya go

http://www.jsufan.com/Paul%20Snow/6-5-10/stadium/index.html

Redbirdz
June 5th, 2010, 02:33 PM
Thanks 02, couldn't get my photo to load.

The Cats
June 5th, 2010, 02:55 PM
It's gonna be nice. I think the part facing the field will look great.

Redbird Ray
June 6th, 2010, 09:34 AM
**** that is nice. Are there any pictures of the entire stadium/field? Are those dorms or apartments attached to the press tower? What's the new capacity? Regardless, very impressive.

I am kind of surprised to not hear more about Jacksonville State in any Sun Belt expansion talk. Seems like they are actually making it happen from a facilities standpoint. Enjoy the new digs!

Redbird Ray
June 6th, 2010, 09:36 AM
Really? You can't say the word Dam on here anymore? Okay, I'll oblige.

JSU02
June 6th, 2010, 11:32 AM
**** that is nice. Are there any pictures of the entire stadium/field? Are those dorms or apartments attached to the press tower? What's the new capacity? Regardless, very impressive.

I am kind of surprised to not hear more about Jacksonville State in any Sun Belt expansion talk. Seems like they are actually making it happen from a facilities standpoint. Enjoy the new digs!

They are apartments style dorms, meaning everyone has there own bedroom, and ever two bedrooms share a bathroom and a kitchen. I think the dorm part will house just under 400 students.

Capacity is gonna be about 24,000. Check out this link for more pics, just scroll down and you will see the links to the galleries. http://www.jsugamecocksports.com/sports/2009/1/14/FB_0114091949.aspx?id=66

Our AD has already been in talking with the SunBelt Commish. I've been told once we get out other facilities up to snuff (basketball, baseball, softball) we just have to send in the application and its a done deal. The local media has been talking about the FBS move form some time, the more national websites and blogs have seemed not to pick up on it though, so that may be why our name hasn't popped up very much on that level.

Redbird Ray
June 6th, 2010, 04:57 PM
Looks good!

As a fan of a school that has flirted with the idea of moving up, I would like for ISU to start trying to schedule other FCS programs that are testing the FBS waters as well. It would be nice to be able to have a home and home with you guys, Texas State, South Alabama, Georgia State, Montana, JMU, and any others that are serious about moving up in the next 5-10 years.

If the Sun Belt can retain most of its current members through this next wave of conference realignment, I think it will be a formidable conference in the next ten years. As long as the SB can add JSU, Texas State, and South Alabama, that would be a nice 12 team conference, and could maybe hold a championship game in New Orleans. Add another bowl or two and you are starting to talk about a conference that looks pretty appealing.

If and when ISU ever goes FBS we are likely looking at the MAC first, but the idea of joining the Sun Belt would intrigue me because I have felt for awhile that the SB potentially has a greater upside.

Anyway, enjoy the expanded stadium!