PDA

View Full Version : UC Davis QB Leaves Team

smallcollegefbfan
June 3rd, 2010, 07:08 PM
http://www.ucdavisaggies.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/060310aab.html

MR. CHICKEN
June 3rd, 2010, 09:07 PM
AN' TA THINK...AH HAD UC.DAVIS @ 24.....IN DUH PRESEASON POLL..xoopsx......SORRAH......STONY BROOK/ALBANY/E. KENTUCKY/MAINE....AN' MOSTLY TA NORFFERN ARIZONA.....FO' PUTTIN' YA'S @ 25.......:o.......BRAWK!!

AggieFinn
June 3rd, 2010, 09:22 PM
Denham's been good, but he hasn't been the gold standard at QB needed for UC Davis to be supremely successful. This kid coming in to start, Austin Heyworth, has done nothing but chuck TD's and large chunks of yardage in his limited time playing. Case in point, his work last season @ Portland State. The Denham family is stoutly religious, and while it's surprising...it isn't entirely unexpected given Denham's lack of fire and leadership required for a UC Davis quarterback.

Here begins the Austin Heyworth era...soon to be followed by London Lacy and/or Randy Wright.

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/ucda/sports/m-footbl/auto_headshot/2196351.jpeg

Redwyn
June 3rd, 2010, 09:35 PM
AN' TA THINK...AH HAD UC.DAVIS @ 24.....IN DUH PRESEASON POLL..xoopsx......SORRAH......STONY BROOK/ALBANY/E. KENTUCKY/MAINE....AN' MOSTLY TA NORFFERN ARIZONA.....FO' PUTTIN' YA'S @ 25.......:o.......BRAWK!!

Gotta smile whenever I see SBU in national ranking conversations. Still remember the first game of my frosh year there, watching us get trumped by a marginnn by Robert Morris.....

GoAgs72
June 3rd, 2010, 09:52 PM
Austin Heyworth dismantled Portland State last year by scoring two TD's in just a few minutes substituting for Denham. Maraz is also good and has some experience. I don't think the Aggies will be hurting. Denham was good but not great - let too many games slip away and a few too many INT's.

JALMOND
June 3rd, 2010, 10:58 PM

Exactly why I hold off on any predictions and rankings until towards the end of fall practice. Things happen that can change any team's chances. I have to admit I am unsure if this hurts or helps Davis. Denham was a fine quarterback but I was more afraid of what I saw from that Heywood (??) kid last year.

Proud Griz Man
June 4th, 2010, 12:03 AM
The kid was a really good QB for UC Davis. I respect his decision xbowx

AggieFinn
June 4th, 2010, 08:24 PM
Denham was a fine quarterback but I was more afraid of what I saw from that Heywood (??) kid last year.

#13 Austin Heyworth