Jaime Elizondo - Wide Receivers Coach/Recruiting Coordinator
College Experience: 7th year in 2006
From Hofstra in 2005

colgate13
January 6th, 2006, 10:15 AM
Ed Foley - Assistant Head Coach/Offensive Line Coach
Coaching Experience: 18th year in 2006
From Fordham in 2005

Well lookey here... The ex-Fordham head coach surfaces. Everyone says he was a great guy; I'm glad to see he's working and not too far from where he called home.

Uncle Buck
January 6th, 2006, 11:17 AM
An interesting crew indeed. I really hope they can still manage to land some solid recruits. With only one coach returning from the previous staff, I have to wonder what kind of impact this will have. They look like a fairly solid group on paper, hopefully they live up to expectations and put us back in the playoffs.

Umass74
January 6th, 2006, 12:49 PM
Hey Uncle Buck:

Heard anything on what type of offense Hofstra will be running under the new coaches?

With the GSU option apparently history, will Hofstra keep to its passing offense?

LBPop
January 6th, 2006, 03:18 PM
Heard anything on what type of offense Hofstra will be running under the new coaches?

Word has it that Coach Perry likes the forward pass a lot. The OC at Georgetown the past two years was clearly on a "different page" and rarely opened up the offense.

Lehigh Football Nation
January 6th, 2006, 03:23 PM
To me, the focus appears to be: defense, defense, defense. Odd that the Pride decided to raid the ranks of the Patriot League to repopulate their ranks. And not for nothing, but I've gotta say I'm not too impressed by their choices - the DC from Richmond being the exception.

Foley's and Perry's great strengths, to me, are in the recruiting area. Say what you want about their recruiting, but anyone who can get Tad Kornegay and Ben Hostetler on their teams can certainly recruit.

JoltinJoe
January 6th, 2006, 07:12 PM
Well lookey here... The ex-Fordham head coach surfaces. Everyone says he was a great guy; I'm glad to see he's working and not too far from where he called home.

Kind of suspected this would happen, as Foley and Cohen were both members of Clawson's staff at Fordham and are close friends. In fact someone told me this would happen the day after Cohen was hired.

When Clawson left, Fordham contacted Cohen. Bu he recommended Foley for the job.

Sorry things didn't work out for Ed at Fordham. A class guy and a great representative of the school.

Cohen and Foley recruited a lot of the players on Fordham's 2002 final eight team. Wishing them good luck to them at Hofstra. It looks like they have put together a great staff there.

Mike Elko was also a Fordham assistant under Clawson and went to Richmond with him.

Uncle Buck
January 8th, 2006, 11:14 AM
Hey Uncle Buck:

With the GSU option apparently history, will Hofstra keep to its passing offense?

UMass74, from what others have said, i think HU will continue to be a pass dominant offense, but I also expect that we'll see much more TE sets if not one on almost every down. Last season they began recruiting TE's and when they used Sebald, he was pretty solid for us. Hopefully they do solidify the defense a little more and get more consistency from the offense.

As for the overall staff, they look to be fairly solid on their resumes, and strong recruiters are great, let's see how they do on gameday. Can't wait for Spring ball to roll around.