PDA

View Full Version : Hampton's OC resigns

bandl
January 6th, 2006, 08:34 AM
Just read my I-AA.org newsletter, and one announcement in particular jumped out at me.

"Hampton University’s Offensive Coordinator Fred Kaiss has resigned effective Dec. 31, 2005. Kaiss was an assistant coach with the Pirates program for 5 seasons."

http://i-aa.org/article.asp?articleid=75156

How does this effect Hampton's offense? Any info/opinions?
Sorry if this topic has already been posted...I didn't see it.

Catmendue2
January 6th, 2006, 11:42 AM
Just read my I-AA.org newsletter, and one announcement in particular jumped out at me.

"Hampton University’s Offensive Coordinator Fred Kaiss has resigned effective Dec. 31, 2005. Kaiss was an assistant coach with the Pirates program for 5 seasons."

http://i-aa.org/article.asp?articleid=75156

How does this effect Hampton's offense? Any info/opinions?
Sorry if this topic has already been posted...I didn't see it.

Word is that Hampton is courting the best HS coach in the state of Virginia to take his place.

bandl
January 6th, 2006, 11:43 AM
Word is that Hampton is courting the best HS coach in the state of Virginia to take his place.
Who is that? I follow VA HS football.

Catmendue2
January 6th, 2006, 11:47 AM
Who is that? I follow VA HS football.

His name is Chris Beatty from Landstown HS in Hampton Roads

bandl
January 6th, 2006, 11:48 AM

Hampton Roads coach would have been my guess. Recruiting mecca. NOVA coach would have been my second guess.

Catmendue2
January 6th, 2006, 11:53 AM
Hampton Roads coach would have been my guess. Recruiting mecca. NOVA coach would have been my second guess.

I heard about this weeks ago, he has a 40-2 record and has not lost since 02. In the HS circles he's a guru of the spread offense and is only 32 years old.

bandl
January 6th, 2006, 12:01 PM
I heard about this weeks ago, he has a 40-2 record and has not lost since 02. In the HS circles he's a guru of the spread offense and is only 32 years old.
I believe one of those 2 losses was their last one this year against Oakton in the AAA D6 state championship. But didn't they win it the year before, or in 2003?
Either way...he's a great coach and should have a recruiting advantage in the Hampton Roads area over other college coaches looking to pick from that crop of talented players.

Catmendue2
January 6th, 2006, 12:14 PM
I believe one of those 2 losses was their last one this year against Oakton in the AAA D6 state championship. But didn't they win it the year before, or in 2003?
Either way...he's a great coach and should have a recruiting advantage in the Hampton Roads area over other college coaches looking to pick from that crop of talented players.

My knowledge of him is that he has been looked at real hard in the SWAC circles by the Alabama schools, and FAMU had him on their radar.

colgate13
January 6th, 2006, 12:23 PM
The OC resigned in protest because he heard Marcus Vick wanted to transfer there.

:D

Catmendue2
January 6th, 2006, 12:29 PM
The OC resigned in protest because he heard Marcus Vick wanted to transfer there.

:D

He resiged to keep from being fired.

Hamptongal
January 10th, 2006, 01:32 PM
He resiged to keep from being fired.
He was told to "resign" I am back in the States everybody thanks for your support. :hurray:

Eaglegus2
January 10th, 2006, 01:35 PM
He was told to "resign" I am back in the States everybody thanks for your support. :hurray:

Welcome Home!!!!

bandl
January 10th, 2006, 01:36 PM
WELCOME BACK!!!!

Glad to know you're safe back in the states!!

:hurray:

:beerchug:

AppGuy04
January 10th, 2006, 01:57 PM

hope he didn't coach Marcus Vick