PDA

View Full Version : SDSU finds success as D-I trek continues

TexasTerror
May 25th, 2010, 08:51 AM
Congrats to SDSU on their successful transition!

1. Football team rises, then falls at Montana

The season proved unforgettable for two very different seasons.

On one hand, SDSU won eight games, including seven in the Missouri Valley Football Conference, and played the University of Minnesota within three points in its sparkling new stadium. That was enough to get the Jacks - who also shattered the school record for average home attendance at 13,265 - an at-large berth in the 16-team postseason, their first since moving to the Football Championship Subdivision and only the second in program history.

But the season ended on a sour note as SDSU and its vaunted defense allowed the final 40 points in a 61-48 loss at top-seeded Montana in the first round. The Jacks finished ranked 11th in the national polls.

http://www.argusleader.com/article/20100525/SPORTS0202/5250331/1002/sports

Houndawg
May 25th, 2010, 09:43 AM
The Jacks have been not really a surprise but they have kind of come in under the radar; while all the talkin' was by the Bison about how they were going to seamlessly transition to the MVC championship in year one and then win the NC in their second season, the Jacks were walkin' all the way to the playoffs..........

TexasTerror
May 25th, 2010, 10:56 AM
The Jacks have been not really a surprise but they have kind of come in under the radar; while all the talkin' was by the Bison about how they were going to seamlessly transition to the MVC championship in year one and then win the NC in their second season, the Jacks were walkin' all the way to the playoffs..........

NDSU started strong when they first made the transition. I guess the same could be said about UCA. High expectations for both programs.

SDSU was more built for the long run and not just their football program, but across the board, they have had the kind of success necessary to elevate their whole department.

slostang
May 25th, 2010, 11:48 AM
I am really happy for SDSU. Great fans.