PDA

View Full Version : Top FCS Fullbacks

smallcollegefbfan
May 14th, 2010, 01:31 PM
Here is a look at some names to keep an eye on. Any others out there that you think could potentially be in the Sports Network top 5 or any other positional rankings?

Jake Romanelli, Cal Poly, Jr.
Tersoo Uhaa, Furman, Jr.
Ryan Mahaffey, Northern Iowa, Sr.
John Goode, Southern Illinois Jr.
Michael Scott, Wofford, Jr.

slostang
May 15th, 2010, 12:36 AM
Jake Romanelli did a great job stepping in 2009 when Jordan Yocum was banged up. Romanelli ran for 492 yards on 107 carries compared to Yocom who had 459 yards on 115 carries. In 2008 Yocum had a great year rushing going for 353 yards on 44 carries (8.0 yd/carry) and three TDs. I think the Mustangs are in good shape this year at the Fullback position.

SpeedkingATL
May 17th, 2010, 09:53 AM
What is a fullback??xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx

UNH_Alum_In_CT
May 17th, 2010, 12:18 PM

No kidding! I think I read this thread just to see who still had a FB in their offense. I knew UNH doesn't even have one let alone one who merits mention in this thread. With all the spread and West Coast offenses, there aren't that many FB opportunities these days.

UNH did have a pretty good FB back in the Jerry Azumah days before the current offensive scheme appeared in Durham. Dan Kreider has been playing in the NFL for 10 seasons and has a Super Bowl ring from his days with the Steelers blocking for The Bus. I still recall a large picture in SI showing Bettis running into the end zone for a TD in that Super Bowl. Off to one side is Kreider making an awesome block, blasting a defender.

PaladinFan
May 17th, 2010, 07:09 PM

You know, I was thinking this too.

Uhaa runs angry. Outside of Furman, I think maybe only Samford runs offensive sets with a fullback in the traditional sense...maybe UTC and Western to some degree.

Three teams will operate out of the spread option. You can get into a debate about whether the "B" back is actually a fullback or a running back. GSU and Furman fans have had the Ivory/Peterson debate several times as the two, technically, played different positions.

Willie
May 17th, 2010, 08:03 PM
Two words. Dan Moore.

onbison09
May 17th, 2010, 10:52 PM
Maybe this is complete homerism but I think Lee Vandall could have a huge year.

Uncle Rico's Clan
May 18th, 2010, 11:15 AM
Two words. Dan Moore.

He is an absolute freight train, it wouldn't be too much fun as a linebacker seeing him come at you as a lead blocker with a full head of steam.

crabby terrier
May 18th, 2010, 10:59 PM
eric breitenstein for wofford should be back at 100%.

if so, watch out!!!xthumbsupx

Houndawg
May 19th, 2010, 08:04 AM
Here is a look at some names to keep an eye on. Any others out there that you think could potentially be in the Sports Network top 5 or any other positional rankings?

Jake Romanelli, Cal Poly, Jr.
Tersoo Uhaa, Furman, Jr.
Ryan Mahaffey, Northern Iowa, Sr.
John Goode, Southern Illinois Jr.
Michael Scott, Wofford, Jr.

John Goode is a lead-blocking beast who has good hands and 4TD receptions.

PaladinFan
May 19th, 2010, 11:26 AM
Any team have a Jerome Felton-like player? Feature back tipping in around 245?

smallcollegefbfan
May 19th, 2010, 01:16 PM
Any team have a Jerome Felton-like player? Feature back tipping in around 245?

Not that I know of.