PDA

View Full Version : 2010 CAA TV games

bostonspider
May 13th, 2010, 04:38 PM
New schedule showing the TV Games for the CAA.

http://www.caasports.com/SportSelect.dbml?SPSID=48486&SPID=4660&DB_OEM_ID=8500&KEY=&Q_SEASON=2010

I am psyched to see UR is on TV 5 times this season:

9/25 vs. Delaware (3:30p)
10/9 at UNH (12p)
10/30 at Nova (12p)
11/6 vs. JMU (3:30p)
11/20 at W&M (3:30p)

superman7515
May 13th, 2010, 06:51 PM
Nice. Delaware on there with 4 games as well, against Richmond, James Madison, William & Mary, and of course, the Battle of the Blue with 'Nova.

Tribeman24
May 13th, 2010, 11:39 PM
WM 5 games also! CAA and FCS improves every year!

Jackman
May 14th, 2010, 01:10 AM
Looks like it's stratified by last season's performance:

6 for the defending champs Villanova
5 each for the other 3 playoff teams: W&M, UR and UNH
4 for the bubble teams: Delaware, JMU and UMass
Only 2 for Maine, but having their own local TV coverage might have played a role in that.
1 each for Towson and URI.

The surprise: 1 for ODU, despite the fact that they're not in the conference (yet) and it's a home game for them. I wonder how that sits with Towson and URI.

tribefan40
May 14th, 2010, 07:23 AM
The surprise: 1 for ODU, despite the fact that they're not in the conference (yet) and it's a home game for them. I wonder how that sits with Towson and URI.

Probably has to do with the W&M matchup and that both are Hampton Roads teams - That should be a huge market for the CAA.

JMU2004
May 14th, 2010, 08:57 AM
I see 3 other potential games for JMU that may be picked up.

Liberty (picked up by the Christian network that televises their games)

Villanova (maybe?)

W&M (depends on season records)

jmu_duke07
May 18th, 2010, 06:55 AM

Villanova (maybe?)

VT might be on espn3.com

whoanellie
May 18th, 2010, 06:58 AM

Villanova (maybe?)

Liberty owns that network

jcmanson
May 18th, 2010, 09:28 AM
Yes we own that network, but our home games are also picked up by JCTV which is carried nationally by Verizon FiOS and some other carriers. Also, we typically get a game or two, at least, picked up by MASN

GannonFan
May 18th, 2010, 10:10 AM

Villanova (maybe?)

If Comcast isn't doing the nova game then I don't know how else it would get on TV - no one else would produce and televise a nova game up here.

PhoenixPhan06
May 18th, 2010, 10:55 AM
New schedule showing the TV Games for the CAA.

http://www.caasports.com/SportSelect.dbml?SPSID=48486&SPID=4660&DB_OEM_ID=8500&KEY=&Q_SEASON=2010

I am psyched to see UR is on TV 5 times this season:

9/25 vs. Delaware (3:30p)
10/9 at UNH (12p)
10/30 at Nova (12p)
11/6 vs. JMU (3:30p)
11/20 at W&M (3:30p)

No love for the season opener against Elon? I thought for sure they would document the opener some how.

jstclmet
May 18th, 2010, 03:11 PM
If Comcast isn't doing the nova game then I don't know how else it would get on TV - no one else would produce and televise a nova game up here.

On Oct 23 when JMU comes to the Mainline to play Nova, comcast is broadcasting the UD & WM game @ 12:00, and the UNH vs UMass game @ Foxborough (curious, why Foxborough??) @ 3:30

If Nova and JMU could manage to be undefeated by then (6 - 0), then maybe ESPN360 might pick the game up.

JMUDuke2002
May 18th, 2010, 03:28 PM
On Oct 23 when JMU comes to the Mainline to play Nova, comcast is broadcasting the UD & WM game @ 12:00, and the UNH vs UMass game @ Foxborough (curious, why Foxborough??) @ 3:30

If Nova and JMU could manage to be undefeated by then (6 - 0), then maybe ESPN360 might pick the game up.

If JMU is undefeated at that point then it means we beat Va Tech and 'Nova beat Temple. I think that would guarantee a televised game between the two because it would be#1 vs #2.

jstclmet
May 18th, 2010, 03:33 PM
If JMU is undefeated at that point then it means we beat Va Tech and 'Nova beat Temple. I think that would guarantee a televised game between the two because it would be#1 vs #2.

On Fri, Sept 3, we'll handle our business xnodx, you guys just go out and take care of Va Tech. xthumbsupx

Jackman
May 18th, 2010, 04:05 PM

The New England Patriots' stadium is slightly better than UNH's, and they gave them use of it for free. It was not UMass's idea, though we'll probably be blamed for it if it doesn't sell. Nice of them to do it during a year when we only had 5 home games, at any rate.

jstclmet
May 18th, 2010, 05:05 PM
The New England Patriots' stadium is slightly better than UNH's, and they gave them use of it for free. It was not UMass's idea, though we'll probably be blamed for it if it doesn't sell. Nice of them to do it during a year when we only had 5 home games, at any rate.

If the stars align in the right way, I'm going to try and make the W&M & UMass game in Amherst on Sept 4. Even though it's on TV, nothing beats college ambiance. If I don't get up there in Aug, it'll be the only time I get to see UMass in person all year.

Wildcat80
May 18th, 2010, 06:04 PM
New Hampshire on FIVE times! Alot of very big contests too. Will both UNH & nova be undefeated in CAA? Could be.....xnodx

http://www.unhwildcats.com/sports/fball/2010-11/releases/20100517lnptb4

UNHWILDCATS05
May 19th, 2010, 08:29 AM
New Hampshire on FIVE times! Alot of very big contests too. Will both UNH & nova be undefeated in CAA? Could be.....xnodx

... Lets calm down now...

Dignan
May 19th, 2010, 08:40 AM

Wow.

Dignan
May 19th, 2010, 08:42 AM

Does "one-defeated" count? Even assuming we can win the other games, I see no way we beat Va Tech.

Dignan
May 19th, 2010, 08:47 AM

That's really cool, I hope you guys pack the stadium... well, as much as possible.

NHwildEcat
May 19th, 2010, 10:10 AM

And via an email I received moments ago, UNH and UMass will play again at Gillette in 2011 with UMass as the home team! This season's game also happens to be the first college football game at Gillette!

And UNH is playing in 2 NFL stadiums this year!

Wildcat80
May 19th, 2010, 10:22 AM
And via an email I received moments ago, UNH and UMass will play again at Gillette in 2011 with UMass as the home team! This season's game also happens to be the first college football game at Gillette!

And UNH is playing in 2 NFL stadiums this year!

http://www.unhwildcats.com/sports/fball/2010-11/releases/2010051943iim8

Way cool!!!!!xhurrayxxhurrayxxhurrayx

UNH_Alum_In_CT
May 19th, 2010, 10:32 AM

Well, UMass does have a larger enrollment, more alumni and Foxborough is in Massachusetts. ;) :p :D

And as just reported, UMass will host UNH at Gillette next year. So, I'd have to say that despite it not being their idea, UMass has bought into the idea as well. I don't think anyone was forcing them to play their home game against UNH at Gillette rather than in Amherst.

Heck, even if the game draws an incredible crowd, it's going to get lost in the huge stadium. Big deal. This is about giving the players and the fans an experience as well as taking advantage of the venue to host alumni events. xtwocentsx I know I'm looking forward to it! xnodx

UNH_Alum_In_CT
May 19th, 2010, 10:36 AM

... Lets calm down now...

What he said!!

Frankly, I don't think any CAA team will be undefeated within the league come November. The schedules are just too difficult this year.