PDA

View Full Version : First Glimpse of Spring Ball....

ewu guy
January 5th, 2006, 01:01 PM
Who gets a first look @ programs opening spring ball earlier in the year (i.e. January, February)? Most west coast schools don't hold practice til after spring break, so I'd like to hear how the Gateway, A-10, Southland, etc are looking out of the gate. :beerchug:

UNH_Alum_In_CT
January 5th, 2006, 02:11 PM
I'll venture a guess that UNH has one of the latest Spring games in I-AA (often 2nd weekend in May IIRC). Snowed today in Durham and that will be repeated quite often for the next two months! :nod:

PantherRob82
January 5th, 2006, 02:35 PM
I believe our spring game usually happens in March.

Umass74
January 5th, 2006, 02:50 PM
For the New England branch of the A10, any glimpse of spring ball will be over the snow drifts and through the snow.

UMass usually has its Spring Game in May

colgate13
January 5th, 2006, 03:23 PM
aren't there ncaa times when you can and can't practice? Isn't march the earliest you can wear pads?

slostang
January 5th, 2006, 04:35 PM
Cal Poly starts in early Febraury. They feel it gives them more time to overcome injuries and more time of uninterupted conditioning and lifting before summer camp. Cal Poly recruits almost no JC transfers so that cause no problems. It does hurt if they do get a I-A transfer and he is unable to register for winter quarter.

fuEMO
January 5th, 2006, 04:38 PM
Furman started spring practice March 6th last season. And this spring practice season should be interesting to watch.

JaxStateManager
January 5th, 2006, 07:12 PM
Jax State normally starts their spring practice around Feb. 16 and finishes up a few days before spring break.

PapaBear
January 6th, 2006, 03:56 PM
UMaine's Spring Game is third or fourth weekend in April. Practice usually starts sometime during the first week of April.

ngineer
January 6th, 2006, 10:16 PM
Practice usually starts in March. I think schools are limited to about 20 practices and some of those are limited to lack of pads, etc. Lehigh's spring game is usually mid-April.