PDA

View Full Version : New Southern Conference...

SoCon48
January 2nd, 2006, 08:45 PM
...Commissioner is: The now former Northeastern Conference commissioner. John Iamarino.

Pluses:
1. Has been a conf commissioner before
2. Not affiliated with any present SoCon School
3. May help bring in a mid-atlantic or eastern school
4. Maybe some new ideas
5. Private schools in SoCon will probably just love him since the NE only has one public school.

Minuses:
1. Small lesser known schools in his former conference
2. Will he be ambitious enough to try to move the performance and recognition of the SoCon schools to a higher level
3. Only 8 of the NE conf schools are football playing members.
4. At first glance, most seem to be private schools. (all but one)
5. Can Statesboro residents pronounce his name? :cool: Try "I am a Rhino." That will be close enough

JCline

SoCon48
January 2nd, 2006, 09:04 PM
...Commissioner is: The now former Northeastern Conference commissioner. John Iamarino.

Pluses:
1. Has been a conf commissioner before
2. Not affiliated with any present SoCon School
3. May help bring in a mid-atlantic or eastern school
4. Maybe some new ideas
5. Private schools in SoCon will probably just love him since the NE only has one public school.

Minuses:
1. Small lesser known schools in his former conference
2. Will he be ambitious enough to try to move the performance and recognition of the SoCon schools to a higher level
3. Only 8 of the NE conf schools are football playing members.
4. At first glance, most seem to be private schools. (all but one)
5. Can Statesboro residents pronounce his name? :cool: Try "I am a Rhino." That will be close enough

JCline

Anyone actually give a rip who the new SoCon head is? :confused:

January 2nd, 2006, 09:11 PM
Anyone actually give a rip who the new SoCon head is? :confused:Look, if all you want to do is smack or rip at people who want to DISCUSS then take it to the SMACK board. I CARE who the new SoCon commish is.

dungeonjoe
January 2nd, 2006, 09:11 PM
how about give us a minute to check the guy out :)

from the SoCon website:
Iamarino is active nationally within the NCAA as a member of the Baseball Rules Committee, and is presently serving as Vice President for Division I-AA on the Executive Committee of the Collegiate Commissioners Association (CCA). He formerly served on the Division I-AA Governance Committee and the NCAA’s Special Events Committee and was a television coordinator of two NCAA Basketball Tournament regionals.

what is the significance of this group in bold?

He looks good for baseball and basketball, not sure about football

UAalum72
January 2nd, 2006, 09:25 PM
NEC press release (http://www.northeastconference.org/News/general/2006/1/2/nec-iamarinoresigns.asp?path=general)

Iamarino spent 13 years at the Sun Belt Conference. He's led NEC football from non-scholarship to need-based athletic aid to (next season) a limited number of full athletic scholarships.

SoCon48
January 2nd, 2006, 09:26 PM
Look, if all you want to do is smack or rip at people who want to DISCUSS then take it to the SMACK board. I CARE who the new SoCon commish is.

Please explain why that is smack??????? Reminder, I was the one who STARTED the thread!
I can truthfully see why many of the readers would not care who the SoCon chose?

SoCon48
January 2nd, 2006, 09:29 PM
how about give us a minute to check the guy out :)

from the SoCon website:

1*.what is the significance of this group in bold?

2*.He looks good for baseball and basketball, not sure about football

1. Maybe we can be accused of having too much influence and bias in the selection/seeding process? (uh oh. Smack?)
2. I was thinking the same thing.

January 2nd, 2006, 09:30 PM
Please explain why that is smack???????
I can truthfully see why most of the readers would not care who the SoCon chose?
...Can Statesboro residents pronounce his name? :cool: Try "I am a Rhino." That will be close enoughThat and other stuff you smack at people with on the discussion board, a few today. That and posting I-A bowl stuff on the discussion board made me think I should remind you and others that this is not the board for that stuff.

SoCon48
January 2nd, 2006, 09:31 PM
That and other stuff you smack at people with on the discussion board, a few today. That and posting I-A bowl stuff on the discussion board made me think I should remind you and others that this is not the board for that stuff.

Oh.

And i didn't know bowl games were off limits, after all the I-AA play-offs are compared/contrasted to the minor bowl games by dozens on this board from time to time.

Just curious. Is the smack board the only place GSU'ers post digs at Apps? You know like toothless and inbred? H everyone and his brother calls us Appy and Appies although all have been informed we think it is derisive.

SoCon48
January 2nd, 2006, 09:39 PM
Look, if all you want to do is smack or rip at people who want to DISCUSS then take it to the SMACK board. I CARE who the new SoCon commish is.

Please point out any offensive posts from today and i will gladly delete them.

blukeys
January 2nd, 2006, 09:49 PM
Anyone actually give a rip who the new SoCon head is? :confused:

If the new head is not Linda Bruno then you are ahead of the A-10. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Congratulations!!! You have not hired a total incompetent who does not care a bit about football. Best of luck to you. If you had hired Linda Bruno you would have had to look to another conference to sponsor football for all of your schools. :o :o :o

SoCon48
January 2nd, 2006, 10:14 PM
If the new head is not Linda Bruno then you are ahead of the A-10. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Congratulations!!! You have not hired a total incompetent who does not care a bit about football. Best of luck to you. If you had hired Linda Bruno you would have had to look to another conference to sponsor football for all of your schools. :o :o :o

Counting our blessings, then. :cool:

Bub
January 2nd, 2006, 10:23 PM
Or you could be like the PFL and have your commish also be the commish of the Gateway football Conf, and have her not see that as a conflict of interest. :bang:

The Gadfly
January 4th, 2006, 08:53 PM
xcoffeex When is he throwing Coastal in the mix?