PDA

View Full Version : WIU/SFA Game Replaced?

leatherneck177
January 1st, 2006, 05:42 PM
I went on the wiuathletics.com web site and was disappointed to find out that the September 16th WIU/SFA game in Macomb, has been replaced by Quincy University, D-II. Do any SFA fans out there know of this? Did SFA get an offer to play a D-I? Let me know if anyone knows any information on this because I was looking forward to the game.

ISUMatt
January 1st, 2006, 07:56 PM
Quincy, didnt you guys just hang 98 on then recently, oh wait that was Cheney

leatherneck177
January 1st, 2006, 11:58 PM
Yes we put 98 on Cheney, but we barely beat Quincy a couple years ago, but still that will leave two opponents on our 2006 schedule as Morehead State and Quincy, not exactly the type of home schedule that I was looking forward to.

Mr. C
January 2nd, 2006, 01:14 AM
I guess the Leathernecks are in search of some easier wins. What a joke to dump a good I-AA inter-conference game for this. Shame, shame Western Illinois.

TexasTerror
January 2nd, 2006, 06:16 AM
SFA would've been a pretty possible win for WIU. Not sure who is to blame there...

Then again, WIU got stomped 63-36 by SFA last year, the week after SFA lost 42-6 to Montana St and two weeks after SFA squeaked by a Div II foe.

SFA has two Div I-A opponents on the schedule and could use some good I-A games to counter-balance.

Bub
January 2nd, 2006, 11:19 AM
Actually Quincy is now NAIA and in the same conf as St Ambrose, who beat WIU a few years ago(97?).

Lumberjack85
January 3rd, 2006, 07:57 AM
SFA scheduled 2 D1A teams for 2006. Arizona and Tulsa. My guess is that they either bought out the game with WIU or asked to have it scheduled in 2007.

TexasTerror
January 25th, 2006, 07:27 AM
SFA knew about this Arizona game for some time. We knew about it very early in the 2005 season, if not before. Perhaps they never had a date settled and/or it was moved. This makes no sense, because I'm certain that SFA/Arizona had that date locked in for some time so why it all of a sudden snuck up on WIU, I would not know...

"Texas is Toast: Stephen F. Austin University was originally scheduled to make a trip to Hanson Field in 2006 after the Leathernecks went to Nacogdoches, Texas last season to play the Lumberjacks. Instead, Stephen F. Austin received an opportunity to play the University of Arizona, which left Western looking for an opponent to fill the Sept. 16 slot. They found Kentucky Wesleyan College, a NAIA Division-I institution."

http://www.westerncourier.com/media/paper650/news/2006/01/25/Sports/necks.Look.Toward.The.Future-1504177.shtml?norewrite&sourcedomain=www.westerncourier.com

blackfordpu
January 25th, 2006, 07:03 PM
SFA scheduled 2 D1A teams for 2006. Arizona and Tulsa. My guess is that they either bought out the game with WIU or asked to have it scheduled in 2007.

Watch out, you will get jumped on for saying it like that. It is written I-A on this board, some get mean if you type it wrong. :nod: