PDA

View Full Version : Top CCU RB May Be Transferring...

The Gadfly
January 1st, 2006, 04:39 PM
There are rumors on CoastalFans.com that the powerback Andres Perkins may transfer to Valdosta State, the Div2 powerhouse in south Georgia, next year.
waa waa waa waa waa waa waa waa

nlwwln
January 2nd, 2006, 01:07 AM
how accurate are these rumors, is there any truth behind them? I would think that would be a pretty big hit to the team. he seems to be a leader for you guys who can be relayed upon to get tough yards. im sure you got some young guys who can step up to fill the role but losing a player like that who seems to be a big part of their identity would not help with the teams morale. why would he want to leave if he is going to be a seinor, transferring credits is not always an easy process and theres no guarentee he will start at valdosta. skyler thornton a RB who was listed as the preseason starter at florida has also transfered to valdosta for his seinor year. I dont think perkins role would increase more than what it was at coastal if he does transfer to valdosta. maybe he figures hes got a better shot to win a NC but im guessing coastal will be just as competitive as they were last year and could do some big things. does coastal have any transfers of their own coming in?

Mr. C
January 2nd, 2006, 01:16 AM
In the App State game, Perkins looked to be the far superior back. I wasn't impressed with Hall at all. It is probably about playing time.

CoastalFan2005
January 2nd, 2006, 12:21 PM
It has been reported by VERY reliable sources close to me that this rumor seems to be false. I think that it's best to wait for a public announcement on this, as it's very easy for someone to register a username, tell people he's really Aundres Perkins, and then announce his transfer.

If it were about playing time, Pat Hall has graduated. I could be wrong, but I would think that an extra spot would open up some more playing time.

:twocents:

bodoyle
January 2nd, 2006, 01:00 PM
It seemed that he had trouble on the field unless it was in "Bus" territory.

He was great his first year, but then he fell off, like P. Hall did last year. We will be fine if he does decide to leave, but I hope he stays.