PDA

View Full Version : New Hampshire adds 18th Recruit

Wildcat80
February 17th, 2010, 03:05 PM
The largest --and maybe most talented-- UNH class just got even better. Was recently named Pittsburgh Male Athlete of the week for bball too.xhurrayx

http://www.nhfootballreport.com/2010/02/unhs_giansante_looks_like_a_go.html

NHwildEcat
February 17th, 2010, 03:17 PM
Can't complain with a resume like that.

UNH 40
February 17th, 2010, 09:04 PM
Check out his highlight reel...This kid looks pretty impressivexnodx

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEUL7_i8Beg

Wildcat80
February 18th, 2010, 07:43 AM
From Pittsburgh Live release:

Giansante has received more than ample recruiting attention from big-time collegiate institutions including Pitt, Akron, Ohio University and several other MAC schools. Over the past several months Giansante received scholarship offers from William & Mary, the Virginia Military Institute and Bowling Green. After making his official visit to Division I-AA New Hampshire on the weekend of Jan. 23, however, Giansante developed a good rapport with UNH head coach Sean McDonnell and his staff along with some of his future teammates. "I feel real comfortable with the coaches and players and I like the facilities," Giansante said. "I just felt like (New Hampshire) was the right decision for me." "I want to play receiver at the next level, but it really didn't matter to me," he added. "I just wanted to go to a school where I knew I could get a good degree and feel comfortable." There is another aspect of New Hampshire's program that appealed to Giansante, who was the WPIAL's leading receiver after catching 53 passes for 1,234 yards and 14 touchdowns in his 2009 senior campaign. "They like to pass the ball a lot," the 6-foot-2, 190-pound receiver said. "So, that makes me happy." Giansante joins an impressive 2010 recruiting class for New Hampshire, which was highlighted by three other high-profile WPIAL players. Upper St. Clair quarterback Alex Park, Chartiers Valley defensive lineman Corey Rekasie and West Allegheny defensive lineman Tim Johnson all committed on Wednesday's national letter of intent signing day.