PDA

View Full Version : ODU Extends Wilder's Contract, Pay Raise

TexasTerror
February 17th, 2010, 02:03 PM
$50,000 raise. That's called significant for a guy that was just making $150k - which is not bad for an FCS salary.

ODU is not messing around and if they can keep Wilder intact for the first few years, they will put solid footing to their program.

NORFOLK, Va. -- Old Dominion University athletic director Jim Jarrett announced today the extension of head football coach Bobby Wilder's contract through the 2014 season.

"My family and I have been welcomed with open arms by Old Dominion University and this community since the moment we arrived. We look forward to calling this our home for a long time," said Wilder. "I would especially like to thank the university and athletic administration for their help and support in granting me the opportunity to remain at ODU for the foreseeable future."

Wilder, who has completed three years at the helm at Old Dominion, had three years remaining on a six-year contract. His base, annual salary will increase from $150,000 to $200,000 and the new contract includes the opportunity for merit increases based on annual reviews, and incentive bonuses for team success. Wilder will also receive an increase in his outside income package for ODU produced media appearances, such as radio, website and television shows.

Credit: ODU Athletics (http://www.odusports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/021710aaa.html)

Col Hogan
February 17th, 2010, 02:09 PM
IMHO, it's the AD who deserves the pay raise at this point...they worked hard and have been putting that program together properly, building slowly and surely rather than rushing headlong...

If the coach has another season or two like his first, then pay him...but it was the AD who got the program to this point with leadership... xtwocentsx

CSN Log
February 17th, 2010, 02:10 PM
More... (http://www.championshipsubdivisionnews.com/log/index.php/2010/02/17/odu-announces-contract-extension-for-bob?blog=2)

02-17-2010 03:09 PM