PDA

View Full Version : Duke QB Has Western Carolina and YSU on Mind

TexasTerror
December 30th, 2005, 12:17 PM
Former Duke starting quarterback Mike Schneider and two of the offensive linemen who blocked for him won't return for their final season of eligibility.

Schneider, tackle Lavdrim Bauta and guard Tyler Krieg all plan to transfer to Division I-AA schools.

Schneider, wonder if he's Jewish? :) Anyhow, he is looking at Western Carolina and Youngstown State. Schneider is from Sharon, PA according to the article, 15 minutes from Youngstown.]

http://www.herald-sun.com/sports/18-684206.html

Mr. C
December 30th, 2005, 01:26 PM
The biggest need that Western Carolina has is at quarterback. Their current QB Justin Clark is terrible and has little arm strength. If they could have found a QB this season, they would have been a playoff team.

JMU Duke Dog
December 30th, 2005, 01:41 PM
Anyone know where those two linemen are looking at transferring?

TexasTerror
December 30th, 2005, 01:47 PM
Bauta is from Brooklyn, N.Y. (Poly Prep). Kreig is from Tualatin, Ore. (Tualatin).

You'd think they'd wanna move closer to home, but perhaps they liked being out there in the North Carolina area...

WCU LawCat
December 30th, 2005, 04:16 PM
As far as the QB goes. Was he the starter? If so then I think he would be an alright pickup.

I believe we will have a handful of good OL next year but I'm sure we could use some depth and the current starters could probably use a little cometition if these guys transfer. The key to making a decent QB a good QB is the OL!

GoGuins
December 30th, 2005, 05:37 PM
I just saw this on the Ytown news. He is planning visits to WCU, YSU, and another I-AA not mentioned.

As someone mentioned, his hometown of Sharon, PA is very close to Youngstown.

Schneider profile (http://www.goduke.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=22667&SPID=1843&DB_OEM_ID=4200&ATCLID=157370&Q_SEASON=2005)

AndrewFU21
December 30th, 2005, 10:13 PM
Mike started on and off for three years at Duke. At first, he was viewed as a promising QB, but never really got any better. He has a very strong arm, and is somewhat mobile, but has not the descision making ability that is the most important part of a good QB. Schneider would almost certainly start at WCU, and could be a good thing for their program.

nlwwln
December 30th, 2005, 11:05 PM
i wouldnt count on a duke transfer to take your program to the next level

December 30th, 2005, 11:20 PM
i wouldnt count on a duke transfer to take your program to the next levelDon't tell Delaware that...

skinny_uncle
December 31st, 2005, 12:21 AM
Anybody got any spare linebackers?

FlyYtown
December 31st, 2005, 01:22 AM
Okay Zetts will beat out anyone who comes here.. Swogger already said no but for this guy to think he can--CRAZY. Even behind Zetts is PENN STATE Transfer Vince Gliatta.

PENN STATE>DUKE.
Kid go to West C... We don't need you.
SORRY

December 31st, 2005, 03:14 AM
...We don't need you. SORRYIs that Roachel Laney talking?? ..........

ASUMountaineer
December 31st, 2005, 08:02 AM
i wouldnt count on a duke transfer to take your program to the next level
AMEN! Duke is puke!

JSU Fan
December 31st, 2005, 01:14 PM
Is that Roachel Laney talking?? ..........

LOL.

Score one for Ralph. :nod:

Out.

WCU LawCat
December 31st, 2005, 04:19 PM
YSU fans. For a team that does not need a transfer QB you sure are going after a lot of them. Swogger first and now Schneider?

GoGuins
December 31st, 2005, 05:27 PM
YSU fans. For a team that does not need a transfer QB you sure are going after a lot of them. Swogger first and now Schneider?

YSU is not actively looking for a new QB. Swogger is from Youngstown & Schneider is from Sharon, PA, 15 min. from Ytown, so giving YSU a look would be a no brainer.

Schneider will see that YSU is content with the QB they have and will go elsewhere.

FlyYtown
December 31st, 2005, 10:05 PM
We would've liked Swogger to come; I don't hear anyone around town going PLEASE Schneider Come!

Anyways he will prob go to you guys; he won't start over Zetts and will probably not over Gliatta.

catamount man
January 1st, 2006, 07:06 AM
If he does indeed make Western Carolina his football home in 2006, we'd have a good double QB system with he and McQueeney. As for Justin Clark, he'd either be 3rd string or be moved to another position. I'm still wondering what Briggs and the coaches plan to do with Centario Grier? He'll be a redshirt sophomore QB who has never even seen the field. Let HIM play for God's sake! GO CATAMOUNTS!!!