PDA

View Full Version : Patriot League Recruiting (Patsy Ratings) - LEHIGH

carney2
February 12th, 2010, 03:00 PM
LEHIGH = 81

81 Patsy Points is a new record! The ChickenSquawks are giving the Patsy Rating a bad name. They are annually at or near the top in the Ratings, and annually are a beleaguered also-ran in the fall when it counts.

QUALITY = 38: 15 rated recruits. Details and a comparison with prior years:
2010: 15 Rated (54%); 3 two-stars, 1 “confirmed” (received two stars from each rating service)
2009: 11 Rated (42%); 2 two-stars
2008: 13 Rated (48%); 2 two-stars
2007: 10 Rated (34%); 1 two-star

CLASS SIZE = 6: A surprise (most expected fewer) 28 recruits.

DISTRIBUTION = 9: All the bases are covered.

SPEED = 12: Again, there is limited information for this category.

TRIGGER = 2: 1 recruit, a 2-star and the “confirmed” double-double mentioned above. The Patsy Ratings are heavily weighted for QBs. This single recruit contributed 8 points to Lehigh's total. The Squawks have little difficulty landing highly regarded QB recruits. You can’t hardly swing a dead cat along the Lehigh sideline without hitting a 2-star QB recruit. They now need to find one who can perform on Saturdays in the fall.

JUMBO = 3: 4 OL, 2 @ 270+; 3 DL, 1 @ 250+

NEEDS = 11

OL = 4 (of 5): 4 recruits, 2 rated, 2 Jumbos
RB = 4 (of 4): 4 recruits, 2 rated
DL = 3 (of 3): 3 recruits, 1 rated (a 2-star), 1 jumbo

THE COMMITTEE’S ADJUSTMENTS = 0

THE RATINGS RACE With 4 To Go:

81 Lehigh
60 Lafayette
28 Fordham

RichH2
February 12th, 2010, 05:42 PM
Nice review and your point well taken that Andy brings in nice classes but not in season production. Perhaps this year they can win some of the close games. So far, other than beating Pards, Andy has created a new measurement for fans, GAMES LOST BY LESS THAN A TD per season and for career. I do believe he has the shool records. I hope also that he finally understands this is not the Ivy League and OOC games actually do mean something.

Go Lehigh TU owl
February 12th, 2010, 09:29 PM
The problem for Lehigh hasn't been in league play. Lehigh has finished T1, 4, T2 T2 in the PL under Coen. They've maintained their stance as a contender. Unfortunately, the Hawks have a woeful OOC record despite being in every game.

ngineer
February 12th, 2010, 10:52 PM
Sometimes I think ol' Carney is really sandbagging us by blowing smoke up our behinds, making us feel all warm and fuzzy, only to have our knees blown out in the fall. Coen has to make it happen this year with some nice OOC wins, in addition to winning the PL. With the number of returning starters and letterwinners, a poor or even mediocre could spell the end. Accepting Carney's evaluative talent, there is too much talent on this team not to succeed.

carney2
February 13th, 2010, 07:55 AM
Sometimes I think ol' Carney is really sandbagging us by blowing smoke up our behinds, making us feel all warm and fuzzy, only to have our knees blown out in the fall. Coen has to make it happen this year with some nice OOC wins, in addition to winning the PL. With the number of returning starters and letterwinners, a poor or even mediocre could spell the end. Accepting Carney's evaluative talent, there is too much talent on this team not to succeed.

No sand bags; no smoke. Ye, me, and even KenZ would get the exact same, no variation numbers for the 1st six categories if we sat down with the press release and the Patsy rules. A lot of problems with these ratings, but they are about as objective as we can get.

ngineer
February 13th, 2010, 08:45 AM
No sand bags; no smoke. Ye, me, and even KenZ would get the exact same, no variation numbers for the 1st six categories if we sat down with the press release and the Patsy rules. A lot of problems with these ratings, but they are about as objective as we can get.

Should have used the 'smiley wink'...Just razzin' ya. You do a great job, but the recent history of our 'success on the field' does make one with Brown Blood wonder.;)

Lehigh74
February 13th, 2010, 12:28 PM
Should have used the 'smiley wink'...Just razzin' ya. You do a great job, but the recent history of our 'success on the field' does make one with Brown Blood wonder.;)

There are two components to success on the field. Talent and coaching. If we correctly believe that Lehigh has had the talent then our problems in recent years have to be related to coaching. Hopefully the coaching, particularly on the offensive side of the ball, will be greatly improved this year.