PDA

View Full Version : NWST 2010 Football Schedule

TexasTerror
February 11th, 2010, 10:34 PM
NWST released their 2010 football schedule (http://www.nsudemons.com/ViewArticle.dbml?&ATCLID=204885621&DB_OEM_ID=20000). Outside of not getting on board with calling the playoffs what they are (what's the FCS playoffs?!? Div I playoffs!), the Demons travel to Air Force, host Samford, Div II Tarleton State and head to UND...

2010 Northwestern State Football Schedule

Date, Opponent, Location, Time

9/4, at Air Force, Colorado Springs, CO, 1:00

9/11, SAMFORD, NATCHITOCHES, 5:00

9/18, TARLETON STATE, NATCHITOCHES, 6:00

9/25, at North Dakota, Grand Forks, ND, 4:00

10/2, McNEESE STATE*, NATCHITOCHES, 6:00

10/9, Central Arkansas*, Conway, AR, 6:00

10/16, open

10/23, at Texas State*, San Marcos, TX, TBA

10/30, SAM HOUSTON STATE*, NATCHITOCHES, 6:00 (Homecoming)

11/6, at Southeastern Louisiana*, Hammond, 6:00

11/13, NICHOLLS*, NATCHITOCHES, 6:00

11/20, at Stephen F. Austin*, Nacogdoches, TX, 6:00

11/27, FCS Playoffs begin, TBA

*Southland Conference games

Note - Dates and times subject to change

All times shown are Central Standard

Seat16Demon
February 15th, 2010, 07:38 AM
Looking forward to this year. Hopefully we will be a .500 team.

TexasTerror
February 15th, 2010, 08:01 AM

A 2-2 out of conference start would set the tone.

The FBS game and the trip to North Dakota are going to be the most troubling. I guess we'll know when you play Samford what we can expect of your program.

The Bulldogs are not the greatest SoCon team, but think they'd be relatively comparable to a middle of the pack SLC squad (at the very least), especially as that program continues to move forward...

txstatebobcat
February 15th, 2010, 12:05 PM

I really think that this past season the schedule really ruined you guys. There just wasn't any breathing room until late in the season when everything had gone down the toilet already. this schedule, while still tough, is not on par with what you guys had to face last year.

Like TT said it is hard to say where you guys stand until you play Samford. Regardless, 2-2 is really quite possible with that OOC schedule.

TexasTerror
February 15th, 2010, 12:21 PM
I really think that this past season the schedule really ruined you guys. There just wasn't any breathing room until late in the season when everything had gone down the toilet already. this schedule, while still tough, is not on par with what you guys had to face last year.

I also think the expectations were much too high for the Demons.

The preseason polls had them too high, fans expected them to do XYZ and the pressure was really mounted for BDP to succeed.

Once the snowball started making its way down the hill, it just grew and grew...

Frosty The Snowbuff
February 28th, 2010, 05:31 AM
I see NSU starting 2-2...IF our players don't catch the injury bug trying to defend the option in the Air Force game...

After that....lord knows....But AT LEAST we get some W's this year...

xhurrayxxhurrayxxhurrayx

mikebigg
February 28th, 2010, 06:29 AM
The Demons have had good back to back recruiting classes... Good luck this season.

TexasTerror
February 28th, 2010, 06:44 AM
The Demons have had good back to back recruiting classes... Good luck this season.

They have had "good" recruiting classes for awhile if you buy into some of the things that have come out the last few years...

We'll see how that translates to on the field success...

slostang
February 28th, 2010, 09:47 AM
Still looking for the return trip to San Luis Obispo. I hope that the Mustangs and the Demons hook up again soon. Looks like Cal Poly is playing two SLC teams in 2010 though, Texas State and McNeese State.

DG Cowboy
February 28th, 2010, 11:50 AM
Better watch out for Tarleton State. They could be an accident waiting to happen in the Demon 2010 plans.

chrisattsu
March 1st, 2010, 06:20 PM
Better watch out for Tarleton State. They could be an accident waiting to happen in the Demon 2010 plans.

How much purple can you pack into a stadium?

I will feel better once I know who are head coach is.

DG Cowboy
March 1st, 2010, 06:38 PM
The only thing worse would be Sam playing Bowling Green at 1 PM in October.

NSUDemon98
March 6th, 2010, 09:49 AM
They have had "good" recruiting classes for awhile if you buy into some of the things that have come out the last few years...

We'll see how that translates to on the field success...

B.S.

So even if you don't "buy into" what was typed are you saying our recruiting classes were bad?

TexasTerror
March 6th, 2010, 10:34 AM
So even if you don't "buy into" what was typed are you saying our recruiting classes were bad?

I've been hearing about highly touted NWST recruiting classes for at least four or five years.

The results?

Over the last five years, your team is a combined 20-35 with three losing seasons and a .500 season. Record drops to 16-35 when counting Div I competition only.

slostang
March 6th, 2010, 11:50 AM
What was SHSU's record during the same period?

NSUDemon98
March 6th, 2010, 01:17 PM
I've been hearing about highly touted NWST recruiting classes for at least four or five years.

The results?

Over the last five years, your team is a combined 20-35 with three losing seasons and a .500 season. Record drops to 16-35 when counting Div I competition only.

You didn't answer my question. You cannot confuse bad coaching with lack of talent.

Do you think our recruiting classes were bad?

TexasTerror
March 6th, 2010, 05:42 PM
What was SHSU's record during the same period?

25-28

Do you think our recruiting classes were bad?

Recruiting rankings are fluff, so the only accurate assessment in resultson the field - so yes, they did not put forth the best results and definitely not equal to those of their rankings.

NSUDemon98
March 6th, 2010, 08:23 PM
25-28

Recruiting rankings are fluff, so the only accurate assessment in resultson the field - so yes, they did not put forth the best results and definitely not equal to those of their rankings.

I'm not talking about recruiting rankings. In your "expert" opinion you think our recruits are bad...though you, nor I, don't know how much of the results on the field are due to coaching. Even I know GOOD coaches can take a not so talented team and make them successful. You also don't consider that we played more FBS schools than almost every SLC school that went into our Loss column. I know you like to paint NSU in the worst light possible and skew topics toward your favor but you lack the knowledge to make any of those assessments about our program. All you can do is assume...

Syntax Error
March 6th, 2010, 08:56 PM
NWST released their 2010 football schedule. Outside of not getting on board with calling the playoffs what they are (what's the FCS playoffs?!? Div I playoffs!), the Demons travel to Air Force, host Samford, Div II Tarleton State and head to UND...

Agree and the NWST sched is fine. xhurrayx

TexasTerror
March 6th, 2010, 09:34 PM
I'm not talking about recruiting rankings. In your "expert" opinion you think our recruits are bad...though you, nor I, don't know how much of the results on the field are due to coaching. Even I know GOOD coaches can take a not so talented team and make them successful. You also don't consider that we played more FBS schools than almost every SLC school that went into our Loss column. I know you like to paint NSU in the worst light possible and skew topics toward your favor but you lack the knowledge to make any of those assessments about our program. All you can do is assume...

Like Rivals, Scout and the others - I do not watch all the recruits and could not give an accurate assessment.

Again, all I can do is base my thoughts on the results. The recruits may be good, but it has not translated to success. The recruits may be bad, but it has not translated to quality results.

And sorry for not being able to 'spin' the Demons as positively as you'd like. The proud program is now second to last in the Commish Cup standings. This is not the same program as of a few years ago. The other La. schools are learning how to work with the limited purse strings.

NSUDemon98
March 7th, 2010, 09:03 AM
Like Rivals, Scout and the others - I do not watch all the recruits and could not give an accurate assessment.

Again, all I can do is base my thoughts on the results. The recruits may be good, but it has not translated to success. The recruits may be bad, but it has not translated to quality results.

And sorry for not being able to 'spin' the Demons as positively as you'd like. The proud program is now second to last in the Commish Cup standings. This is not the same program as of a few years ago. The other La. schools are learning how to work with the limited purse strings.

All I am saying is that our record, which includes 8 FBS opponents the past 5 seasons and only 3 DII opponents, is not necessarily indicative of our recruits. Somewhere along the line coaching comes into play. Whereas you just wanted to paint the picture that our record is a direct reflection of having "bad" recruiting classes. Who knows, they might be...but it would take someone with more knowledge of our program than you or me to make that assessment.

And I don't want you to spin anyything, it just seems that you always try to keep the ratio of negative to positive on the negative side.

lionsrking2
March 8th, 2010, 09:43 PM
All I am saying is that our record, which includes 8 FBS opponents the past 5 seasons and only 3 DII opponents, is not necessarily indicative of our recruits. Somewhere along the line coaching comes into play. Whereas you just wanted to paint the picture that our record is a direct reflection of having "bad" recruiting classes. Who knows, they might be...but it would take someone with more knowledge of our program than you or me to make that assessment.

And I don't want you to spin anyything, it just seems that you always try to keep the ratio of negative to positive on the negative side.

We've played 10 FBS opponents the last five years...we more than feel your pain.