PDA

View Full Version : EWU's Matt Nichols' NFL Stock Rising

Screamin_Eagle174
February 11th, 2010, 05:30 PM
http://goeags.com/sports/m-footbl/2009-10/releases/10fbFeb11Nichols

Record-breaking Eastern Washington University quarterback Matt Nichols still has his work cut out for him, but at least he's getting noticed.

An appearance at last month's East-West Shrine Game in Orlando, Fla., has opened the eyes of NFL scouts and draft analysts. In fact, ESPN will air highlights and discuss Nichols in the segment "NFL Draft Lab" on Monday (Feb. 15) on the 3 p.m. and 8 p.m. (Pacific time) SportsCenter broadcasts.

xnodxxthumbsupx

Syntax Error
February 11th, 2010, 05:43 PM
The kid deserves the praise.

Screamin_Eagle174
February 11th, 2010, 05:44 PM
The kid deserves the praise.

About the only thing I agree with you on. xtwocentsx

Syntax Error
February 11th, 2010, 05:47 PM
About the only thing I agree with you on. xtwocentsx

I doubt that. You like the EWU Eagles, so do I. You like the FCS, so do I. You like the Big Sky, so do I. You like the playoff system, so do I. See? We agree on everything that matters at AGS! xnodx xpeacex

Screamin_Eagle174
February 11th, 2010, 05:48 PM
I doubt that. You like the EWU Eagles, so do I. You like the FCS, so do I. You like the Big Sky, so do I. You like the playoff system, so do I. See? We agree on everything that matters at AGS! xnodx xpeacex

I didn't get a strike on that for a personal attack!? xeyebrowx xlolx

Syntax Error
February 11th, 2010, 05:53 PM
I didn't get a strike on that for a personal attack!? xeyebrowx xlolx

Is that what you were hoping for? xeyebrowx Send a complaint to the mods and I'm sure they will accomodate you. xlolx

No comment on what we agree on that matters at AGS, the FCS? xconfusedx I guarantee you that Nichols is impervious to personal attacks and I didn't see you make one.

nms1987
February 22nd, 2010, 12:27 AM
Got to see him give me a scare in Boone a couple years back in the playoffs.
Heckuva QB, good athlete for his size, seemed to be smart and lead his team from a deficit to a near win.
Great, great player.

Besides Armanti, probably the #1 FCS QB I would want in all the land.

Syntax Error
February 22nd, 2010, 01:14 AM
Got to see him give me a scare in Boone a couple years back in the playoffs.
Heckuva QB, good athlete for his size, seemed to be smart and lead his team from a deficit to a near win.
Great, great player.

Besides Armanti, probably the #1 FCS QB I would want in all the land.

Yeah nms, Matt is a keeper. As for #1 besides Edwards, there were so many good QBs this past year that it is very difficult. CSN named Edwards, Moses, Perriloux, Black, Fourroux, Randolph, Ward, and Whitney to the fab 50 extended team this year.

WVAPPmountaineer
February 22nd, 2010, 10:42 AM
http://goeags.com/sports/m-footbl/2009-10/releases/10fbFeb11Nichols

xnodxxthumbsupx

I was watching an ESPN segment last week and one of the "experts" Kiper or McShay listed Nichols as a sleeper on the rise (or something to that effect) - they showed some clips of him and one was in a stadium with an upper deck (empty) and Nichols had on red and black so I was wondering where it might have been shot?
----

GOKATS
February 22nd, 2010, 11:09 AM
I was watching an ESPN segment last week and one of the "experts" Kiper or McShay listed Nichols as a sleeper on the rise (or something to that effect) - they showed some clips of him and one was in a stadium with an upper deck (empty) and Nichols had on red and black so I was wondering where it might have been shot?
----

Could be PGE Park in Portland, it's a baseball stadium where Portland St. plays their games.

Screamin_Eagle174
February 24th, 2010, 01:57 PM
----

That would be Qwest Field (Home of the Seahawks), where we played Portland State this last year to get West-side alums out to a game.

WVAPPmountaineer
February 25th, 2010, 10:43 AM
That would be Qwest Field (Home of the Seahawks), where we played Portland State this last year to get West-side alums out to a game.

Thanks - it looked like a really large stadium even from the narrow angle shot - knew it wasn't any FCS stadium I had ever seen before ----