PDA

View Full Version : Lafayette Losing Loose and Heffner?

ngineer
December 29th, 2005, 11:45 AM
I have now seen both names being bandied about as HC candidates. Loose at Central Conn. St., and Heffner at Lehigh and another school, but names slips at the moment. What do the 'pard bretheran hear?

Pard4Life
December 29th, 2005, 12:30 PM
I have now seen both names being bandied about as HC candidates. Loose at Central Conn. St., and Heffner at Lehigh and another school, but names slips at the moment. What do the 'pard bretheran hear?

Did not hear about Loose at Central Connecticut... but the way the PL coaching carousel has gone I'm not surprised.

I'd give Heffner an outside chance at Lehigh considering the competition he is up against. But... if I was the Lehigh AD and wanted to make a political statement....

Pard94
December 29th, 2005, 03:25 PM
Did not hear about Loose at Central Connecticut... but the way the PL coaching carousel has gone I'm not surprised.

I'd give Heffner an outside chance at Lehigh considering the competition he is up against. But... if I was the Lehigh AD and wanted to make a political statement....

Speak it not ngineer!

ngineer
December 29th, 2005, 08:06 PM
Speak it not ngineer!

Check out www.footballscoops.comwww.footballscoops.com

Lafayette71
December 30th, 2005, 06:56 AM

I doesn't surprise me to hear his name being tossed around for HC jobs. His return to Easton is one of the biggest reason Tavani has been able to get the program back on track. The O-Line play has been tremendous over the last 4 years. Heffner also has D-1A experience at Maryland, where he served as OC for two years. The excerpt from his Bio below from LC's website shows how well the Line ahs played since he returned. This was written before this years championshi[ run.

"In the four seasons since his return to Lafayette, Heffner has mentored offensive lines that have served as fronts for one of the most prolific offenses in the Patriot League. The Leopards were second in both scoring (27.0 points) and rushing (212.8 yards) offense last season. In 2003, the front five paved the way for the offense to roll up 404.9 yards per game, tops in the Patriot League. Heffner guided an offensive line in 2002 that finished second in the Patriot League in both passing offense and sacks allowed. Heffner's offensive line also garnered league recognition in 2001, leading the league in sacks allowed with 11, five better than any other league member."