PDA

View Full Version : SDSU QB transfering to Jax State...

jaxstatealum
January 15th, 2010, 12:51 PM
What the heck??? xconfusedx

http://www.argusleader.com/article/2010

jsualum97
January 15th, 2010, 12:58 PM
This seems like a good thing to me....More competition for a job=more production from that spot. It is looking more and more that Robinson may be moved to the defensive side of the ball. Perhaps at safety. Blanchard will be redshirted....Ivory will more than likely transfer (although I hope he stays!), and there will be a competition between Ivory, Darrah, and now the SDSU kid.

Silenoz
January 15th, 2010, 12:58 PM
Link is broken. I'd assume he's from Bama, or somewhere close?

jaxstatealum
January 15th, 2010, 01:15 PM
Yea, not sure what happened to the link....

Darrah was Alabama's back up this past year - he has already enrolled in school. The SDSU kid not sure....

NorCalJack
January 15th, 2010, 03:14 PM
He is from St. Louis, Missouri. He originally went to Air Force, but went to a prep school? Therefore that year did not count toward his eligibility. He redshirted last year for SDSU. I assume he has to sit out this year and will be Sophmore then.

Based upon what I heard, he is mobile but is not a running QB. He did not beat out our RS Freshman so he left because he felt that the QB spot was locked up for the next 3 years.

He will be a good QB for Jax St. I wish him the best.

nms1987
January 15th, 2010, 03:51 PM
Darrah was Alabama's back up this past year - he has already enrolled in school. The SDSU kid not sure....

Darrah was hardly "the" backup at Alabama last year. He was a walk-on who was probably 4th or 5th string (along with another walkon) and never threw a pass in his 3 years there.
Star Jackson was the clear backup and if somehow McElroy and Jackson both got hurt and Bama needed a 3rd guy to start a game (rather than play garbage time) they probably would have burned AJ McCarron's redshirt.

That being said, hes a good pickup. If he has a place on Bamas roster he obviously has one on Jax St's, but it wasn't as if he was next in line to lead the Tide to a title.

Head Cat
January 16th, 2010, 05:06 PM
After watching the BCS "championship" game, I'd have to say that I wouldn't be too thrilled with any QB from Alabama. McElroy wasn't as good as a number of FCS QBs I saw play this year. He just had a lot of talent around him.

93henfan
January 16th, 2010, 05:16 PM
Can't fault a guy for wanting to play.

Cocky
January 17th, 2010, 06:41 AM

Darrah was hardly "the" backup at Alabama last year. He was a walk-on who was probably 4th or 5th string (along with another walkon) and never threw a pass in his 3 years there.
Star Jackson was the clear backup and if somehow McElroy and Jackson both got hurt and Bama needed a 3rd guy to start a game (rather than play garbage time) they probably would have burned AJ McCarron's redshirt.

That being said, hes a good pickup. If he has a place on Bamas roster he obviously has one on Jax St's, but it wasn't as if he was next in line to lead the Tide to a title.

Saban was qouted many times stating McCarron was the backup and he would have used the RS.

Look for Jackson to end up at North Alabama.