January 15th, 2010, 08:17 AM
From the Manchester Union Leader:

9/4 - @ Pittsburgh
9/11 - Central Conn. State
9/18 - @ RI
9/25 - Lehigh
10/2 - @ Maine (!!!)
10/9 - Richmond (Homecoming)
10/16 - @ JMU (!!!! - It was previously thought we would miss JMU instead of DE)
10/23 - MA
10/30 - bye
11/6 - W+M
11/13 - @ Villanova
11/20 - Towson

UNHFan99
January 15th, 2010, 08:19 AM
This is the toughest schedule I can remember. I think it is tougher than the one we had since 04.

93henfan
January 15th, 2010, 08:23 AM
I have absolutely no problem with UD missing UNH in 2010! :p

Welcome to Newark, URI!!!

89Hen
January 15th, 2010, 08:34 AM
Well at least we know who our 11 games are. Now we just need dates. :)

tribe_pride
January 15th, 2010, 08:55 AM
This means that Richmond misses Towson.

Here are the teams that miss each other next year:
Villanova - Umass
Maine-W&M
Delaware-UNH
JMU-URI
Towson-Richmond

yorkcountyUNHfan
January 15th, 2010, 08:59 AM
Could we be home coming for both UMaine and JMU?

89Hen
January 15th, 2010, 09:05 AM

Villanova - Umass
Maine-W&M
Delaware-UNH
JMU-URI
Towson-Richmond
So UMass is the big winner and JMU and UR are the losers in this deal.

NHwildEcat
January 15th, 2010, 10:48 AM
What a year this is going to be! Damn.

Jackman
January 15th, 2010, 11:00 AM
So UMass is the big winner and JMU and UR are the losers in this deal.

I'd instead say that UMass is the winner and JMU and UR are big losers. Not just because it's inherently fun to say, but also because the gap between the 1st and 2nd best team in the CAA is much, much smaller than the gap between the 8th and 9th/10th best teams. In fact, based on last year's conference standings, UMass would be the 8th best team in the CAA, and we still had an outside chance at the playoffs going into the final 2 games last year. Huge drop-off from us to Towson/URI.

To put it another way, the top 8 in the CAA have all made the playoffs in the last 3 years. The bottom 2 combined haven't been to the playoffs in 25 years.

Silenoz
January 15th, 2010, 11:14 AM
Looks like the streak of FBS wins comes to an end

GannonFan
January 15th, 2010, 11:21 AM

Nah, Pittsburgh, especially early in the year, is beatable. Obviously harder than a Ball St or a Marshall, but Big East teams have been nipped by FCS teams before.

henfan
January 15th, 2010, 11:27 AM
Disappointed I won't get to see my friends from UNH this year.xsmhx

Silenoz
January 15th, 2010, 11:38 AM
Nah, Pittsburgh, especially early in the year, is beatable. Obviously harder than a Ball St or a Marshall, but Big East teams have been nipped by FCS teams before.

I'm a Pitt fan, so I know all about their tendency to struggle in games they shouldn't. But they'd have to lay a pretty big egg to lose this game.

yorkcountyUNHfan
January 15th, 2010, 11:45 AM
I'm a Pitt fan, so I know all about their tendency to struggle in games they shouldn't. But they'd have to lay a pretty big egg to lose this game.

So there is hope!

UNH_Alum_In_CT
January 15th, 2010, 12:01 PM
Disappointed I won't get to see my friends from UNH this year.xsmhx

Yeah, that was a disappointment for a bunch of us as well. Was looking forward to bringing some Ten Penny Ale down again! :( :(

UNH_Alum_In_CT
January 15th, 2010, 12:06 PM

So there is hope!

Seem to recall witnessing pretty big eggs being laid in Piscataway and Evanston. ;)

Seriously, a very difficult opening game!!

UNH_Alum_In_CT
January 15th, 2010, 12:06 PM
Another disappointment is not playing either UMass or Maine in the last game of the season. I can only think of one other time in my long association with UNH that our last game wasn't with them. It was against UConn in the late 80's on a day many have talked about on AGS. Without a doubt the coldest football game I've ever attended. IIRC, wind chills were around -30 that day. I recall looking like the Michelin Man that day. And it was in Storrs!!! I hope this year's scheduling aberration doesn't result in a similar weather aberration!!!

89Hen
January 15th, 2010, 12:07 PM
Yeah, that was a disappointment for a bunch of us as well. Was looking forward to bringing some Ten Penny Ale down again! :( :(
Hey, we do have 7 home games, you know. :)

BDKJMU
January 15th, 2010, 12:11 PM
Could we be home coming for both UMaine and JMU?

Nope. Here is whats known so far for the JMU schedule:
9/4/10 – Morehead State
9/11/10 – @ Virginia Tech
9/18/10
9/25/10 - Liberty
10/2/10 - (Scheduled Parents' Weekend)
10/9/10
10/16/10 - New Hampshire
10/23/10
10/30/10 - UMASS
11/6/10 - (Scheduled Homecoming Date)
11/13/10
11/20/10

Will be @ Maine. Now way does JMU get all 3 North opponents at home.

Considering JMU should be @ UR, @ Nova and @ Towson and the 2 remaining CAA home games should be W&M and UD, my guess is W&M and UD will be the Parents' Weekend and HC opponents.

Apparently there will be no @ VMI. I guess that has been moved to 2011 or 2012.

SpeedkingATL
January 15th, 2010, 12:21 PM
Nice schedule. Now beat Pitt!xnodx

UNH_Alum_In_CT
January 15th, 2010, 12:44 PM
Hey, we do have 7 home games, you know. :)

Do you have one at home or at Navy on 10/30?

BDKJMU
January 15th, 2010, 12:53 PM

Villanova - Umass
Maine-W&M
Delaware-UNH
JMU-URI
Towson-Richmond

I heard over on the CAAzone it was
Towson-W&M
Maine-UR

GannonFan
January 15th, 2010, 12:54 PM

No Navy on the schedule for UD in 2010 - Navy couldn't accomodate UD's requirement to play the game early in the year - the CAA has been pressing teams to play OOC games up front and not later in the year.

Silenoz
January 15th, 2010, 12:57 PM
Seem to recall witnessing pretty big eggs being laid in Piscataway and Evanston. ;)

Seriously, a very difficult opening game!!

Well Pitt will be ranked, and a/the favorite for the Big East title, so I wouldn't read too much into that comparison.

That said, I'll be rooting for you guys, just like I do in every FCS/FBS matchup

WrenFGun
January 15th, 2010, 01:01 PM
Good God.

tribe_pride
January 15th, 2010, 01:07 PM
I heard over on the CAAzone it was
Towson-W&M
Maine-UR

The only person I saw that from is JMUKev (though there may be others). BillyMac said he has seen the W&M schedule and said that we miss Maine. Here is hoping that BillyMac is right.

smcwildcat
January 15th, 2010, 01:08 PM
im excited

SFspidur
January 15th, 2010, 01:27 PM
A Richmond sports radio show with UR LB Eric McBride a couple of days ago apparently mentioned that UR will miss Maine, which is another vote for the UR-Maine/W&M-Towson "missed game" possibility.

89Hen
January 15th, 2010, 01:53 PM
Not Navy, but dunno on the home/away yet. The first three games are all home. After that, we'll have to see what the CAA came up with.

UNHFootballAlum
January 15th, 2010, 04:39 PM

If UNH beats Pitt, will all of you still whine about the FBS schools that we play and beat

tribe_pride
January 15th, 2010, 05:33 PM
A Richmond sports radio show with UR LB Eric McBride a couple of days ago apparently mentioned that UR will miss Maine, which is another vote for the UR-Maine/W&M-Towson "missed game" possibility.

Think you guys may be right. Damn. Looks like we may have a tough schedule and miss Towson. Only good thing is we lost our Week 1 Bye.

ccd494
January 15th, 2010, 06:12 PM
I am not happy that Maine-UNH won't be the season finale.

UNH_Alum_In_CT
January 15th, 2010, 06:28 PM

I know! After decades of UNH finishing with UMass, I was getting used to the rivalry weekend game with Maine. Hope it is a one year aberration.

Got to wonder if Delaware-Villanova or William & Mary-Richmond are impacted? We can see that UMass-URI will play on the final weekend. Wonder why they couldn't get a schedule to work with a last week of:

URI-UMass
Delaware-Nova
W&M-Richmond
UNH-Maine
JMU-Towson

I think I would have started with this and worked backward to finalize the schedule.

xconfusedx xconfusedx xconfusedx xconfusedx xconfusedx

UNH Fanboi
January 15th, 2010, 06:44 PM
If UNH beats Pitt, will all of you still whine about the FBS schools that we play and beat

Well the Griz haven't played an FBS game in several years, so Griz fans better not be whining. As for everyone else, they're just jealous that UNH was smart and scheduled winnable FBS games. On Selection Sunday I'll take a win against Ball State over an ass-kicking from an SEC school.

Silenoz
January 15th, 2010, 07:22 PM
What are you guys talking about? Several posts later I said I'd be rooting for you (and I'm a Pitt fan for crying otu loud). I'm just saying, the odds are extremely long.

Sheesh

Well the Griz haven't played an FBS game in several years, so Griz fans better not be whining. As for everyone else, they're just jealous that UNH was smart and scheduled winnable FBS games. On Selection Sunday I'll take a win against Ball State over an ass-kicking from an SEC school.

Montana is 5-5 in their last 10 FBS games...

edit: Oh, you said "as for everyone else", not "as with". My bad

yorkcountyUNHfan
January 15th, 2010, 07:58 PM

I too would like to see Maine/UNH to end the season, but an early fall game under the lights in Orono against a hated rival should pack the place right?

Brad82
January 15th, 2010, 09:14 PM
Serious iron.
OOC is great. Got to believe this helps in recruiting.

Wildcat80
January 15th, 2010, 10:08 PM
Should still manage 8 wins---9 if we get pitt to look ahead. GO CATS!!

Wildcat80
January 15th, 2010, 10:15 PM
From the Manchester Union Leader:

9/4 - @ Pittsburgh
9/11 - Central Conn. State
9/18 - @ RI
9/25 - Lehigh
10/2 - @ Maine (!!!)
10/9 - Richmond (Homecoming)
10/16 - @ JMU (!!!! - It was previously thought we would miss JMU instead of DE)
10/23 - MA
10/30 - bye
11/6 - W+M
11/13 - @ Villanova
11/20 - Towson

Personally I like the early Maine date and we get wm home. nova away to redeem ourselves. CCS, UR,MA,wm--nice home crowd potential. Just do it cats!xnodxxnodx

yorkcountyUNHfan
January 16th, 2010, 06:18 AM
Think you guys may be right. Damn. Looks like we may have a tough schedule and miss Towson. Only good thing is we lost our Week 1 Bye.

Is WM going to be @UNH,UMass,Maine, and UD? (along with no Towson) That's alot of tips north. Who do they have OOC? They may have it the toughest of all.

Wildcat80
January 16th, 2010, 08:32 AM
The best part for our UNH players after we defeat Pitt is that coaches & players from Utah, Miami & Notre Dame will all be watching our game tape and saying..."darn that New Hampshire team can play!". Just Do It Cats!!

UNHWildCats
January 16th, 2010, 11:50 AM
We keep hearing that. Maybe it will. But don't write off UNH.

UNH_Alum_In_CT
January 16th, 2010, 11:51 AM
Is WM going to be @UNH,UMass,Maine, and UD? (along with no Towson) That's alot of tips north. Who do they have OOC? They may have it the toughest of all.

Usually IIRC, W&M's OOC schedule is a regional FBS (ACC) and regional FCS foes (Norfolk State, VMI, Liberty, etc.). I'm sure Tribe4SF can provide more details, but my memory says that the Tribe usually don't have to travel far for their OOC games.

Tribe4SF
January 16th, 2010, 12:53 PM

It's looking like we've got UMass, UNH, Maine and JMU on the road. Having had two flights to New England last year, this is a royal screw job for the Tribe, and many will be looking for answers from our AD as to why this was allowed to stand. Richmond, by comparison, flys to UMass and UNH, but had only a flight to Maine last year. Not equitable, and an unfair financial burden on W&M.

yorkcountyUNHfan
January 16th, 2010, 01:11 PM
The one I love is JMU @ Maine on 11/20....man I hope it's windy cold and snowingxlolx

Wildcat80
January 16th, 2010, 02:05 PM
We keep hearing that. Maybe it will. But don't write off UNH.

I'm a UNH believer!!!! xhurrayx

GannonFan
January 18th, 2010, 09:36 AM
It's looking like we've got UMass, UNH, Maine and JMU on the road. Having had two flights to New England last year, this is a royal screw job for the Tribe, and many will be looking for answers from our AD as to why this was allowed to stand. Richmond, by comparison, flys to UMass and UNH, but had only a flight to Maine last year. Not equitable, and an unfair financial burden on W&M.

Huh? Under the prior league setup, didn't most people have to fly to New England twice every other year? Considering the unusual nature of the conference losing two members, it's not that odd that there'll be some bumps in the road. Hey, you get a sellout next year with UD coming to Williamsburg again, so that's a positive.

Tribe4SF
January 18th, 2010, 10:05 AM
Huh? Under the prior league setup, didn't most people have to fly to New England twice every other year? Considering the unusual nature of the conference losing two members, it's not that odd that there'll be some bumps in the road. Hey, you get a sellout next year with UD coming to Williamsburg again, so that's a positive.

UD will be homecoming, and probably a sellout anyway. Hen game sold out in 2009 because it was Parent's Weekend. UD games haven't sold out on other weekends. The Hens don't seem to travel as well as they did a number of years ago. Don't you remember Keeler's child-like rant about only getting 2500 tickets for the 2004 playoff game. Hens sent back over 500.

Bumps in the road were to be expected, but saddling one team with three flights up north should have been avoided. There's a rumor around that the league is going to pay for one of the Tribe's trips, and if that's the case I have no problem with it.

Since the Hens have no flights this year (I assume they'll bus to UMass), we can give them trips to Maine, UNH and URI next year. If things are going to balance out over this two year hybrid period, W&M should get Towson back next year, and have no New England trips.

GannonFan
January 18th, 2010, 11:07 AM
UD will be homecoming, and probably a sellout anyway. Hen game sold out in 2009 because it was Parent's Weekend. UD games haven't sold out on other weekends. The Hens don't seem to travel as well as they did a number of years ago. Don't you remember Keeler's child-like rant about only getting 2500 tickets for the 2004 playoff game. Hens sent back over 500.

Bumps in the road were to be expected, but saddling one team with three flights up north should have been avoided. There's a rumor around that the league is going to pay for one of the Tribe's trips, and if that's the case I have no problem with it.

Since the Hens have no flights this year (I assume they'll bus to UMass), we can give them trips to Maine, UNH and URI next year. If things are going to balance out over this two year hybrid period, W&M should get Towson back next year, and have no New England trips.

Yeah, it sure was a bummer having 2k fans down there for a playoff game xrolleyesx. . Most programs can't get 500 people to come to Newark and that's with games scheduled a year in advance, but yes, we should be ashamed of our showing of 4x that number less than a week in advance.

And in 2007, it's not like the place wasn't close to full - over 11.5k meant there were only about 500 seats left, and that was for a Thursday night game before Labor Day weekend. Not exactly a bad turnout - outside of the JMU night game that year that was W&M's biggest draw all year.

I think UD flies to UMass - they've flown into Hartford and bussed from there before. Like I said, though, if you're looking for everything to be absolutely even through this then you're bound to be disappointed.

Tribe4SF
January 18th, 2010, 05:29 PM
Yeah, it sure was a bummer having 2k fans down there for a playoff game xrolleyesx. . Most programs can't get 500 people to come to Newark and that's with games scheduled a year in advance, but yes, we should be ashamed of our showing of 4x that number less than a week in advance.

Nobody said you should be ashamed, and everyone knows the Hens have a great fan base. Fact is that UD doesn't bring as many as they used to, including yourself because the sight lines are beneath you. Fact also remains that Keeler was an arrogant douche about the tickets in 2004.

And as long as you've shifted to your crowing posture, the Tribe took over 2000 to Villanova this year on six days notice for a Friday night.

Tribe4SF
January 18th, 2010, 05:32 PM
Like I said, though, if you're looking for everything to be absolutely even through this then you're bound to be disappointed.

Just looking for some semblance of equity over the two years. If the league pays for one of our flights this year that will take care of it.

Wildcat80
February 14th, 2010, 09:41 PM
Dates were switched for Pittsburgh & CCSU. Pitt is now UNH's 2nd game.

Syntax Error
February 14th, 2010, 10:04 PM
Dates were switched for Pittsburgh & CCSU. Pitt is now UNH's 2nd game.

I don't know Pitt's schedule but I have to think this is to UNH's advantage.

nwFL Griz
February 15th, 2010, 10:46 AM
I don't know Pitt's schedule but I have to think this is to UNH's advantage.

Hmmm. Pitt starts at Utah on 9/2 then hosts UNH nine days later. That's followed by a bye week for them. Leading up to hosting Miami on the 23rd.

I certainly think the potential exists for a "trap game," especially given Pitt's propensity to start out slow.