PDA

View Full Version : Princeton Coaching Staff

PUBand09
January 13th, 2010, 11:26 PM
Most of this "news" is a few weeks old, but I haven't seen anyone else post it here, so I thought I would in case any one is interested that hasn't heard:

Head Coach: Bob Surace - from Bengals as offensive line assistant
Assoc H.C.: Steve Verbit - from Princeton as D.C.
O.C.: James Perry - from Brown as offensive assistant, QB coach, & recruiting coordinator
D.C.: Jared Backus - from Temple as defensive assistant
S.T.C. & D Backs: Jim Salgado - from Cornell as linebackers coach

Looks like a pretty good staff—NFL, FBC, FCS, and Ivy experience—though setting a precedent of coach-poaching from other Ivies concerns me, as it has heretofore been frowned upon in the League (more so in basketball than in football [see: Dunphy-Miller-Donahue at Penn debacle])

Bogus Megapardus
January 14th, 2010, 05:03 AM
setting a precedent of coach-poaching from other Ivies concerns me

H, Y and P are the Ivy overlords so they're allowed, aren't they? Sort of their version of jus primae noctis. We've been annoyed ever since Pete Carril and Butch van Breda Kolff, though - good to see no Pards involved here. :D

DJOM
January 14th, 2010, 06:56 AM
It is good to be the overlord:D

Go...gate
January 14th, 2010, 12:23 PM
It is good to be the overlord:D

Only problem is, except for Rogerson/Tosches, the Overlord has favored coaches like Bob Casciola, Frank Navarro and Roger Hughes, who were inept.

Bogus Megapardus
January 14th, 2010, 12:25 PM
Only problem is, except for Rogerson/Tosches, the Overlord has favored coaches like Bob Casciola, Frank Navarro and Roger Hughes, who were inept.

One hopes for the Tiger's sake that Surace is ept.

carney2
January 14th, 2010, 02:58 PM
One hopes for the Tiger's sake that Surace is ept.

Don't need no stinkin' ept at Princeton. They are already 36-4-3 vs. Lafayette.

DJOM
January 14th, 2010, 05:02 PM
Overload remark was obviously a sarcastic stab at humor; i.e., "its good to be the King" circa Mel Brooks---...seriously, it appears as if Princeton is putting togehter a strong staff. Should be interesting to say the least.

DJOM
January 14th, 2010, 06:05 PM
Scramble band mentioned in above thread; i.e. Battle of the Bands.