PDA

View Full Version : Fordham QB Skelton to NFL Combine

jimbo65
January 13th, 2010, 06:33 AM
Here is an excerpt from the Fordham U Website. I pasted the URL below for the entire article.

Fordham University senior quarterback John Skelton (El Paso, Tex./Burges) has been invited to participate in the 2010 NFL Scouting Combine from February 24th through March 2nd in Indianapolis, Indiana, it was announced today. He is the only Patriot League student-athlete to be invited to the annual job fair for prospective new NFL players.

Over six days at the combine, which will take place at Lucas Oil Stadium, players are tested both on the field and off, performing a series of drills, tests and interviews with more than 600 NFL personnel including head coaches, general managers and scouts.

Prior to the NFL Combine, Skelton will appear in the 2010 East-West Shrine Game, "America's Premier College All-Star Football Game", on January 23, 2010, at the Florida Citrus Bowl in Orlando. He will be just the third player out of the Patriot League to appear in the game, joining Gordie Lockbaum (Holy Cross, 1987) and Adam Bergen (Lehigh, 2004).

Skelton invited to NFL scouting combine
« on: January 12, 2010, 09:42:05 pm » Quote

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.fordhamsports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/011210aaa.html

CFBfan
January 13th, 2010, 06:46 AM
Here is an excerpt from the Fordham U Website. I pasted the URL below for the entire article.

Fordham University senior quarterback John Skelton (El Paso, Tex./Burges) has been invited to participate in the 2010 NFL Scouting Combine from February 24th through March 2nd in Indianapolis, Indiana, it was announced today. He is the only Patriot League student-athlete to be invited to the annual job fair for prospective new NFL players.

Over six days at the combine, which will take place at Lucas Oil Stadium, players are tested both on the field and off, performing a series of drills, tests and interviews with more than 600 NFL personnel including head coaches, general managers and scouts.

Prior to the NFL Combine, Skelton will appear in the 2010 East-West Shrine Game, "America's Premier College All-Star Football Game", on January 23, 2010, at the Florida Citrus Bowl in Orlando. He will be just the third player out of the Patriot League to appear in the game, joining Gordie Lockbaum (Holy Cross, 1987) and Adam Bergen (Lehigh, 2004).

Skelton invited to NFL scouting combine
« on: January 12, 2010, 09:42:05 pm » Quote

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.fordhamsports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/011210aaa.html

good for him, hope he does well, it's disapointing and a little surprising that there is no one else....just one from the PL

Franks Tanks
January 13th, 2010, 07:57 AM
He is listed as the 10th best QB in the draft right now on ESPN

CFBfan
January 13th, 2010, 08:12 AM
He is listed as the 10th best QB in the draft right now on ESPN

i'm guessing that folks are scratching their heads in Worcester today.
also makes the Holy Cross staff look a lot better than the FU staff....with a top 10 QB in the country FU couldn't even "do well" in the PL......

maristdb89
January 13th, 2010, 08:36 AM
Very cool. Good luck!!!

letsgopards04
January 13th, 2010, 08:40 AM
I am surprised that even though he lacks prototypical size, Randolph wasn't invited especially with the growth of the spread offense in pro football.

Franks Tanks
January 13th, 2010, 08:42 AM
i'm guessing that folks are scratching their heads in Worcester today.
also makes the Holy Cross staff look a lot better than the FU staff....with a top 10 QB in the country FU couldn't even "do well" in the PL......

Randolph is listed as 31

This is just Mel Kiper so take it for what its worth. The real proof is who has a better pro career naturally.

jimbo65
January 13th, 2010, 09:26 AM
I am surprised that even though he lacks prototypical size, Randolph wasn't invited especially with the growth of the spread offense in pro football.

I thought Randolph had another year of eligibility and was returning. Guess not.

Lehigh Football Nation
January 13th, 2010, 09:58 AM
Good luck to him. Skelton gets NFL draftniks' heart a-flutter because of his size, though Randolph had a much, much bigger impact at the collegiate level. It's kind of like a Ricky Santos/Joe Flacco situation.

I hope both Skelton and Randolph make the NFL.

LBPop
January 13th, 2010, 01:09 PM
I have seen Skelton a few times and I am not surprised that the pros have noticed. He has all the "measurables", but with a QB it seems to be largely about the mental aspects. Most of these guys can master the mechanics, but processing what they see and making the decision regarding what to do within 3 to 6 seconds is what separates them. Of course accuracy helps a little too...xrolleyesx

The Randolph question is classic. Chase Daniel was a stud at Missouri, but the Redskins (who certainly could have used a talented/young QB), had no use for him. He was simply too short.

ngineer
January 13th, 2010, 01:14 PM
I thought Randolph had another year of eligibility and was returning. Guess not.

I hope you were joking...He already cashed in a medical redshirt last year..xeekx

ngineer
January 13th, 2010, 01:15 PM
Skelton has a great arm..Definitely pro material.

Crusader2010
January 13th, 2010, 01:20 PM
Dom will certainly be one of the more highly sought-after FAs of this draft class and if he lands somewhere it will likely be as a #3 or practice squad player. I believe Chase Daniel is on the New Orleans practice squad.

Lehigh Football Nation
January 13th, 2010, 02:19 PM
Dom will certainly be one of the more highly sought-after FAs of this draft class and if he lands somewhere it will likely be as a #3 or practice squad player. I believe Chase Daniel is on the New Orleans practice squad.

I agree. I think a lot will depend on his Pro Day. Is he going to work out at BC?

jimbo65
January 13th, 2010, 02:36 PM
I hope you were joking...He already cashed in a medical redshirt last year..xeekx
Seems like Randolph has been there forever. Think he started with Gordie Lockbaum.

If Skelton doesn't make the NFL we are bringing him back with different hair color and plastic surgery for another tour.

Crusader2010
January 13th, 2010, 02:52 PM
I agree. I think a lot will depend on his Pro Day. Is he going to work out at BC?

He will be at BC. Several of our top players from the past several years had their Pro Days there as well namely CB/S Casey Gough, S Daryl Brown and WR Brett McDermott.

HenZoneNation
January 13th, 2010, 08:39 PM
I know he worked with Scott Brunner, former Hen's great who worked with Flacco, and he said that Skelton was the real deal and that he'd have his shot in the pros.