PDA

View Full Version : Rumor: Ruffin McNeil Talking to SHSU

TexasTerror
January 10th, 2010, 05:37 PM
Seen this on several message boards - including KatFans and Texas Tech site - not sure if one of those coaching 'scoop' sites has it, had it or whatever...

Texas Tech DC (and interim head coach in wake of the Leach scandal) Ruffin McNeil is rumored to have talked to SHSU head coach Willie Fritz regarding a position on the staff.

Anyone hear anything about this? Keep in mind, Scott Stoker is currently the DC and was one of two coaches kept from the previous regime...

I have a hard time believing it, but stranger things have happened. Stoker coaching at SHSU being one of them!

TexasTerror
January 10th, 2010, 06:09 PM
Seeing that Football Scoop was getting the nod for putting this out...

Am I going blind or is it no longer there? I never saw it. Same site that announced Nicholls had hired a coach and then said it was between two guys...a few weeks later, a third guy got it!

TexasTerror
January 10th, 2010, 08:35 PM
It's on FootballCoachScoop.com...

Sam Houston State:
Sources tell us that Ruffin McNeill (Texas Tech Defensive Coordinator/Linebackers coach) has met with Head Football Coach Willie Fritz about joining his
staff.

blackfordpu
January 10th, 2010, 09:00 PM
What role would he play at SHSU? He isn't likely to take less and the DC position that Stoker already occupies.

TexasTerror
January 10th, 2010, 09:21 PM
What role would he play at SHSU? He isn't likely to take less and the DC position that Stoker already occupies.

I am sure - if this was anywhere near true - that SHSU would make the necessary moves. Would think that he'd be associate head coach with a position, similar to the Alex Gibbs role on the Houston Texans staff.

whoanellie
January 10th, 2010, 10:17 PM
someone needs to watch/hire that slotbacks coach who called the TT plays in that bowl game