PDA

View Full Version : Anyone want to come to Furman Sep. 4th?

apaladin
January 8th, 2010, 06:47 PM
Apparently PC has backed out of their visit and will play at Wake Forest instead. PC will now open with WF and Clemson. Pretty good for a team coming off an 0-11season. Rumor is that Howard will fill the slot but later in the season. That would mean FU will get a late start and host Colgate Sep. 11 in the opener. All of this is of course subject to change.

State Line Liquors
January 8th, 2010, 06:51 PM
Apparently PC has backed out of their visit and will play at Wake Forest instead. PC will now open with WF and Clemson. Pretty good for a team coming off an 0-11season. Rumor is that Howard will fill the slot but later in the season. That would mean FU will get a late start and host Colgate Sep. 11 in the opener. All of this is of course subject to change.

Maybe you guys could convince Missouri to come visit??

apaladin
January 8th, 2010, 06:53 PM

Good one, but very predictable. xthumbsupx

KiddBrewer
January 8th, 2010, 07:11 PM
sure, ill come!

....but ill have to gather up a team...ill get back to you ASAP!

Eight Legger
January 8th, 2010, 07:16 PM
Keep us in mind....I still have a feeling UVA is going to finagle its way out of playing us.

g-webb1994
January 8th, 2010, 07:33 PM
Great....PC gets two money games while G-W has already lost the one we had at Akron.

Skjellyfetti
January 8th, 2010, 07:52 PM
I wouldn't mind us playing Bobby twice this year.

Dinman31
January 8th, 2010, 08:44 PM
The Howard game will fill Furman's schedule. They don't need another game.

Head Cat
January 8th, 2010, 10:09 PM
How about a trip to Delaware?

blukeys
January 8th, 2010, 10:48 PM
How about a trip to Delaware?

Guaranteed that won't happen!!!!!

wingt2flex
January 8th, 2010, 10:56 PM
Call on Cal Poly, they are always looking for opponents and seem willing to travel.

blukeys
January 8th, 2010, 11:05 PM
Call on Cal Poly, they are always looking for opponents and seem willing to travel.

To Furman???!!!!xeyebrowxxeyebrowxxeyebrowxxeyebrowx

That is taking desperation to a new low!!:p:p:p:p:p

ThompsonThe
January 9th, 2010, 05:22 AM
What about Gardner Webb? Are they already playing. Should work, might have to move a game around.

elon77
January 9th, 2010, 07:50 AM
To Furman???!!!!xeyebrowxxeyebrowxxeyebrowxxeyebrowx

That is taking desperation to a new low!!:p:p:p:p:p

They are coming to Norfolk next year to play ODU. xnodx

89Hen
January 9th, 2010, 08:34 AM
Apparently PC has backed out of their visit
That sucks. I can't imagine a team backing out like that to play a I-A instead. Oh well, at least they did it in January. xwhistlex

93henfan
January 9th, 2010, 08:42 AM
That sucks. I can't imagine a team backing out like that to play a I-A instead. Oh well, at least they did it in January. xwhistlex

It really does tear at your heart strings to see something like this happen to a school like Furman, who would never pull something like this.

Sader87
January 9th, 2010, 08:54 AM
Is Holy Cross a possibility? We lost the Northeastern (home at Fitton) game...not sure if the date works.

HC and Furman met once before in 1975...a 21-14 Palladin victory.

gobluehose1
January 9th, 2010, 10:48 AM

don't feel to sorry for yourselves....of the 330K we're getting from Wake, 30K is going to you for the buyout.....so I'd say still having a home game on top of that is a pretty good deal.....also means y'all are still coming to Clinton in a couple of years

Bogus Megapardus
January 9th, 2010, 11:00 AM
Is Holy Cross a possibility? We lost the Northeastern (home at Fitton) game...not sure if the date works.

HC and Furman met once before in 1975...a 21-14 Palladin victory.

Would those southern boys actually schedule two PL schools in one season? It's cold outside, but I didn't know hell froze over . . . .

Come to think of it, I think Fordham has that date open as well. I say go for the hat trick.

EDIT: Holy Cross - you might be playing UMass on that date.

WestCoastAggie
January 9th, 2010, 12:28 PM
Is Howard replacing PC?

ASUG8
January 9th, 2010, 05:02 PM
I'm sure there's a high school locally with a bye...

catamount man
January 9th, 2010, 07:17 PM
call North Greenville. You guys have never played before despite the close proximity. What is it, 10 miles away? xthumbsupx

apaladin
January 10th, 2010, 06:38 PM
Is Howard replacing PC?

That's the rumor but it's not official yet.

BigHouseClosedEnd
January 10th, 2010, 07:25 PM

xlolxxlolxxlolxxrotatehx

WyomingGrizFan
January 11th, 2010, 03:20 AM
I'd much rather that the Griz play ya'll on that date, 04 Sept. 10 than some Div. II Western State. Why not give the new coaching staff a call and find out? Either way, I'd go for it even if it meant a road game to Furman. So what? I think the last time we played each other was way back in '01.
The new staff may wish for a better beginning game next year than what is scheduled. Win or lose it's got to be infinitely better than a Div. II team; unless, of course, it's their defending champion, which I most hardly doubt. Be worth the effort to give the Griz a call, I would think. Shouldn't be that much of a problem to arrange, considering.

Of course, it would mean three road games to start the season off with, Cal Poly the next week then @ Eastern Washington. May have to take that into affect if there was an outside chance of a game between us. So, how about Furman coming to Missoula instead?

Really, it'd be a sell-out crowd of 25,200+ for opening day if Furman was coming to town. If I was with the Athletic Dept. of UM I'd seriously mull it over if you really needed the game. Any OOC game that we'd at least break even on financially is good enough in my book.

Welcome to the Den of Horrors ('Ursus arctos horribilis'/ Da Griz, that is).

bosshogg
January 11th, 2010, 09:06 AM

Contact SCSU's coaches. SCSU is looking for a game, but I'm not sure if its on that date or not....

ngineer
January 11th, 2010, 10:44 PM
Timing is everything. We're already booked to fly out to Drake, but the trip down south would bring back memories of our quarterfinal game with the Paladins back in 2000. Pretty campus.