PDA

View Full Version : White House Trip for I-AA Champs

SoCon48
December 28th, 2005, 08:34 AM
The Mountaineer Message Board is calling for a trip to the White House for the I-AA Champs. Entirely possible IMOP if the Div II champs also get to go. :confused:

henfan
December 28th, 2005, 10:08 AM
If you're looking for common sense and decency from the White House, you'll be sorely disappointed.

catamount man
December 28th, 2005, 02:09 PM
Especially from January 1993-January 2001. :smiley_wi GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

ysubigred
December 28th, 2005, 02:52 PM
The 97 YSU NC team went to the White House. James Trafficant (R) Congressman from YTown arranged it. Do you have any representation in DC from Boone?

yosefcity
December 28th, 2005, 03:32 PM
Virginia Foxx (R) is from Foscoe which is a small community south of Boone. About 15 minutes away. Shes in the House

Mr. C
December 28th, 2005, 03:37 PM
Don't expect any favors for Appalachian State from Virginia Foxx. She has been anti-ASU in her voting for years. She even came out against building the Holmes Convocation Center. The previous chancellor, Dr. Borkowski actively campaigned against her reelection.

yosefcity
December 28th, 2005, 08:53 PM
I did not know that. Maybe we can get Richard Burr or someone else to step to the plate. I don't know what complaining she could do for the Holmes Center. We needed an arena badly.

appst89
December 29th, 2005, 07:45 AM
Don't expect any favors for Appalachian State from Virginia Foxx. She has been anti-ASU in her voting for years. She even came out against building the Holmes Convocation Center. The previous chancellor, Dr. Borkowski actively campaigned against her reelection.

I remember her anti-ASU stands when she was in the state House, but she seems to have done a 180 since she was elected to the US House. There is an article in today's Winston-Salem Journal about her ringing the bell at the NYSE yesterday. During her visit, oneof the traders asked her about sending his daughter to ASU and she gave the school a glowing recommendation. She was also instrumental in getting the federal money for ASU's new viticulture program. Whether she has had a change of heart or is just being a pragmatic politician, she seems to have gotten away from her anti-ASU biases of the past.

OL FU
December 29th, 2005, 08:12 AM
The 97 YSU NC team went to the White House. James Trafficant (R) Congressman from YTown arranged it. Do you have any representation in DC from Boone?

Are you sure he was a (R). and isn't he breaking rocks while wearing orange jammies :D

ysubigred
December 29th, 2005, 09:57 AM
Are you sure he was a (R). and isn't he breaking rocks while wearing orange jammies :D

I was just offering up a suggestion to the 05 champs :twocents:

Now that I think about it, Jim might be a (D). He was tough on both the (R) & (D) party so in theory he was a common sense guy :eek:

I don't want to turn this into a political post but since you ask about busting rocks; This web site might open your eyes.

www.traficant.com

Personally, I think he was railroaded :splat:

OL FU
December 29th, 2005, 09:58 AM

Now that I think about it, Jim might be a (D). He was tough on both the (R) & (D) party so in theory he was a common sense guy :eek:

I don't want to turn this into a political post but since you ask about busting rocks; This web site might open your eyes.

www.traficant.com

Sorry, did not want to either. Just making sure I had the right guy

ysubigred
December 29th, 2005, 10:01 AM
Sorry, did not want to either. Just making sure I had the right guy

Thats OK. It's the off season and all the dead horses have already been beat about last season :beerchug:

OL FU
December 29th, 2005, 10:02 AM
Thats OK. It's the off season and all the dead horses have already been beat about last season :beerchug:

Not that it matters but I thought he was a democrat?

Maybe just an (F) for flambouyant(sp)

ysubigred
December 29th, 2005, 10:19 AM
Not that it matters but I thought he was a democrat?

Maybe just an (F) for flambouyant(sp)

I looked to see what his political party was and could not find either Dem or Rep. I believe he went into congress as a Dem and close with the Clinton's. My first post was not well thought out (heading home from work).

SoCon48
December 29th, 2005, 01:29 PM
Especially from January 1993-January 2001. :smiley_wi GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

EXACTLY!!!!!!

SoCon48
December 29th, 2005, 01:32 PM

Trafficant was definitely a Democrat when he did his his misdeeds (bribery, racketeering). He was a conservative DEMOCRAT.

We have Virginia Fox who is an ASU hater. When she was in the state legislature, she voted against everything for ASU.

SoCon48
December 29th, 2005, 01:33 PM

www.traficant.com

So was Charlie Manson, Jack Dillinger, and Al Capone.

NOT!

ysubigred
December 29th, 2005, 01:57 PM
So was Charlie Manson, Jack Dillinger, and Al Capone.

NOT!

NOT!! NOT

FlyYtown
December 29th, 2005, 02:35 PM
Lol Jimmy T. was a Democrat.. But in his final years he showed a lot of support for Bush and the conservatives and was a big critic of Clinton in his final years. He voted for Dennis Hastert (R- Name Misspelleded) for Speaker of the House and was one of the best politicians locally to work BIPARTISAN. Something the Democrats in our area now haven't discovered lol. :mad:

When he gets out of jail in 2009; if he runs it will be either as an I or a Repubican... Either way I am voting for the guy. He did so much for us.

ASUMountaineer
December 31st, 2005, 08:43 AM
Virginia Foxx is anti-ASU, I've met her...she is totally anti-ASU. Howard Coble is the 6th district (Greensboro/ Triad) representative in the House. Not only does he have a good relationship with Georgey, but he attended Appalachian State for a year. He would be the best bet to set up a White House visit for the National Champion Mountaineers!