PDA

View Full Version : NDSU future schedules

MplsBison
January 8th, 2010, 10:21 AM
I see South Dakota in Fargo Sept 25th 2010 with NDSU going to USD in 2013.

This is excellent!

No one could possibly say that this is a bad thing and I dare anyone to try.

TexasTerror
January 8th, 2010, 11:29 AM
How many home games does NDSU have in 2013 lined up? Do they have an FBS game that year as well?

The Bison fan base demands seven home games each year, so this could be trouble. NDSU may have to buy out of the USD trip, similar to their attempts (?) to get out of the SHSU contest in Huntsville in 2009.

onbison09
January 8th, 2010, 12:59 PM
I see South Dakota in Fargo Sept 25th 2010 with NDSU going to USD in 2013.

This is excellent!

No one could possibly say that this is a bad thing and I dare anyone to try.

Lakes? :D Did we seriously try to get out of the SHSU game? That was a hell of a game and really really wet.

MplsBison
January 8th, 2010, 01:23 PM
2010 -

at Kansas
South Dakota

2011 -

Georgia Southern
at Minnesota

2012 -

none yet

2013 -

Montana State
at South Dakota

2014 -

at Iowa State
Montana
South Dakota

2015 -

at Montana

I wouldn't mind if we were in the same conference as Montana and South Dakota (along with Montana State and UND) by the mid-2010's.

FargoBison
January 8th, 2010, 01:33 PM
We are also @Iowa State in 2014

http://www.cyclones.com/SportSelect.dbml?SPSID=48393&SPID=4653&DB_OEM_ID=10700&Q_SEASON=2014

MplsBison
January 8th, 2010, 01:40 PM
We are also @Iowa State in 2014

http://www.cyclones.com/SportSelect.dbml?SPSID=48393&SPID=4653&DB_OEM_ID=10700&Q_SEASON=2014

Nice, thanks!

pantherbacker
January 8th, 2010, 02:38 PM
I wouldn't mind if we were in the same conference as Montana and South Dakota (along with Montana State and UND) by the mid-2010's.

Why would you rather be in a conference with them?

onbison09
January 8th, 2010, 02:41 PM

I don't think that will happen. That would make the Big Sky huge.

MplsBison
January 8th, 2010, 03:21 PM

I have no interest in Missouri, Indiana and Ohio schools. Illinois is one of our fringe recruiting areas (mostly Chicago), but not too much interest in them either.

Norhtern Iowa I still most definately want to play every year.

Wouldn't mind seeing something like this:

NDSU UND
SDSU USD
MT St U of MT
UNI Drake (get scholarships in football)
Omaha (move up)

pantherbacker
January 8th, 2010, 03:28 PM
Understandable!

Thundar
January 8th, 2010, 06:03 PM
I have no interest in Missouri, Indiana and Ohio schools. Illinois is one of our fringe recruiting areas (mostly Chicago), but not too much interest in them either.

Norhtern Iowa I still most definately want to play every year.

Wouldn't mind seeing something like this:

NDSU UND
SDSU USD
MT St U of MT
UNI Drake (get scholarships in football)
Omaha (move up)

you will complain about anythingxnonono2x

BearsCountry
January 10th, 2010, 02:52 AM
Mpls is the only Bison fan that would want to stay in the NCC it seems.

MplsBison
January 10th, 2010, 01:14 PM
Mpls is the only Bison fan that would want to stay in the NCC it seems.

It's funny that you think you have an idea what the NDSU fan base wants based on a few extremist opinions like those of JBB, Bisonator, etc. who pretend that they hate anything having to do with the old NCC.

Fact is, the old NCC is still what most NDSU have known for most of their lives. I doubt many them give a hoot about teams like Missouri State, Western Ill, Illinois State, Youngstown and Indiana State. Southern Ill has the old UND coach and SDSU and UNI were old NCC teams. SDSU and UNI will continue to be our main rivals in the MVFC until USD and UND are added.

As soon as Lennon leaves SIU for something bigger, I doubt if they'll have much interest in them either.

It is what it is.

FargoBison
January 10th, 2010, 01:21 PM
The only ex NCC teams I care about are UNI, UND, SDSU, and USD. UNI has a little to do with NCC and more to do with what they have become since leaving.

I like playing SIU, Il State, WIU, MSU, and YSU a lot more than St. Cloud, Augie, Mankato, UNO, and UNC.

MplsBison
January 10th, 2010, 01:25 PM
The only ex NCC teams I care about are UNI, UND, SDSU, and USD. UNI has a little to do with NCC and more to do with that have become since leaving.

I like playing SIU, Il State, WIU, MSU, and YSU a lot more than St. Cloud, Augie, Mankato, UNO, and UNC.

UNI was in the NCC back in the 70s i believe. It's going to be a great rivalry, I hope one day in all sports.

I agree with you I don't care about StC, Mankato and Augie, etc. And it's cool to be DI and in the MVFC and all, but I don't really care about most of the MVFC teams either.

onbison09
January 10th, 2010, 02:37 PM
The only ex NCC teams I care about are UNI, UND, SDSU, and USD. UNI has a little to do with NCC and more to do with what they have become since leaving.

A-fricken-men.

onbison09
January 10th, 2010, 02:38 PM
UNI was in the NCC back in the 70s i believe. It's going to be a great rivalry, I hope one day in all sports.

I agree with you I don't care about StC, Mankato and Augie, etc. And it's cool to be DI and in the MVFC and all, but I don't really care about most of the MVFC teams either.

What conference do you like better now? I'm guessing Big Sky? They already said no once.

MplsBison
January 10th, 2010, 05:15 PM
What conference do you like better now? I'm guessing Big Sky? They already said no once.

Most definately not.

I didn't want the Big Sky back when bisonville was drooling over them and I don't want them now.

Like I've already said, there are teams from the Big Sky, MVFC and old NCC that I would like to see every year, and those from the rest of the conference that I don't care to see.

onbison09
January 10th, 2010, 07:26 PM
Most definately not.

I didn't want the Big Sky back when bisonville was drooling over them and I don't want them now.

Like I've already said, there are teams from the Big Sky, MVFC and old NCC that I would like to see every year, and those from the rest of the conference that I don't care to see.

Oh a hybrid conference. I gotcha. I just thought to myself no auto bid in the Great West and Big Sky is really top heavy. The MVFC is the best place for us.

LakesBison
January 14th, 2010, 12:01 AM
I OBJECT ! i cant believe they are making us fans go there, what a joke.

darell1976
January 14th, 2010, 07:53 AM
Kansas should be a fun game for NDSU. With KU having a new coach this year and if the Bison can get the team playing well you could sneak a win out of Lawrence. I am sure it won't be long before we are on your schedule. Both AD's are in talks and i think they want to work out some way to play each year which works well for UND with only 4 conference games but might not work with NDSU's conference schedule.

darell1976
January 14th, 2010, 07:55 AM

I'm sure you enjoyed those Morningside games as much as we did.xlolx

MplsBison
January 14th, 2010, 09:12 AM
I OBJECT ! i cant believe they are making us fans go there, what a joke.

No one is making you do anything.

Please don't go.

LakesBison
January 14th, 2010, 10:43 AM
NO UND or USD for NDSU. its a joke to lower ourselves to those teams and their fanbases. give it up you 2.

MplsBison
January 14th, 2010, 10:58 AM
NO UND or USD for NDSU. its a joke to lower ourselves to those teams and their fanbases. give it up you 2.

Nothing you can do about USD. It's done. We're going there. And that's a good thing.

UND is next.

darell1976
January 14th, 2010, 10:59 AM

So I guess you won't be at the USD/NDSU game this year? Oh too bad.xlolx

gjw007
January 14th, 2010, 06:22 PM

I can't say that I am a fan of the StCloud, Mankato, Augie, Minn-Duluths, Morningside, for football either.

LakesBison
January 15th, 2010, 08:45 AM
usd games or und games are for losers who want 1986 back. what a joke to lower ourselves to that level.

Gil Dobie
January 15th, 2010, 10:19 AM
If the CAA wasn't afraid of NDSU, they wouldn't have to schedule USD and UND xoopsx xsmiley_wix xlolx

darell1976
January 15th, 2010, 11:45 AM
usd games or und games are for losers who want 1986 back. what a joke to lower ourselves to that level.

What level is NDSU on when they won 3 games last year?xlolx I think UND and USD would be lowering themselves in scheduling NDSU..it surely doesn't help the strength of schedule.

darell1976
January 15th, 2010, 11:46 AM
If the CAA wasn't afraid of NDSU, they wouldn't have to schedule USD and UND xoopsx xsmiley_wix xlolx

After winning 3 games i don't think anyone is afraid of NDSU.xlolx

Gil Dobie
January 15th, 2010, 11:47 AM
After winning 3 games i don't think anyone is afraid of NDSU.xlolx

2-0 lifetime vs CAA schools xthumbsupx xchinscratchx

darell1976
January 15th, 2010, 11:50 AM
2-0 lifetime vs CAA schools xthumbsupx xchinscratchx

2-0 vs the MAC are you saying Ball St. and Cent. Mich are afraid of NDSU??xeyebrowx

Gil Dobie
January 15th, 2010, 02:39 PM
2-0 vs the MAC are you saying Ball St. and Cent. Mich are afraid of NDSU??xeyebrowx

The MAC should be afraid of most FCS teams xoopsx

FargoBison
January 15th, 2010, 03:20 PM

We did beat CMU 44-14, the game might be competitive if they played us now! ;):D

darell1976
January 15th, 2010, 03:26 PM
We did beat CMU 44-14, the game might be competitive if they played us now! ;):D

Central Michigan went to a bowl game and was 10-2...NDSU beat 2 teams with a combined 2-20 record...Chippewas would slaughter NDSU.xlolx

Gil Dobie
January 15th, 2010, 03:29 PM
Central Michigan went to a bowl game and was 10-2...NDSU beat 2 teams with a combined 2-20 record...Chippewas would slaughter NDSU.xlolx

Chippewas went to a bowl game and won the MAC the year NDSU beat them too. xchinscratchx

darell1976
January 15th, 2010, 03:35 PM
Chippewas went to a bowl game and won the MAC the year NDSU beat them too. xchinscratchx

Chippys went 10-2 this season NDSU went 3-8. Big difference.

Gil Dobie
January 15th, 2010, 04:08 PM
Chippys went 10-2 this season NDSU went 3-8. Big difference.

Even's up the odds xlolx

darell1976
January 15th, 2010, 04:09 PM
Even's up the odds xlolx

Instead of a blowout by NDSU game ends in OT.xlolx

onbison09
January 15th, 2010, 05:05 PM

We beat the crap out of them that year too. And does every NDSU thread have to turn into a UND-NDSU smack fest?

darell1976
January 15th, 2010, 06:05 PM
We beat the crap out of them that year too. And does every NDSU thread have to turn into a UND-NDSU smack fest?

Where in the last few posts mention UND??xconfusedx

GOKATS
January 15th, 2010, 06:17 PM
I'd heard rumors, but hope the Cats going to NDSU in 2013 is for real. We owe you one and seeing as 2013 is a 12 game regular season works because we can still get 6 home games.xnodx

Thundar
January 15th, 2010, 11:31 PM
I'd heard rumors, but hope the Cats going to NDSU in 2013 is for real. We owe you one and seeing as 2013 is a 12 game regular season works because we can still get 6 home games.xnodx

its not a rumor, Saturday Sept. 7th 2013

http://www.gobison.com/SportSelect.dbml?SPSID=11844&SPID=695&DB_OEM_ID=2400&Q_SEASON=2013

that is if the world doesn't end in 2012xeekxxlolx