PDA

View Full Version : TXST to face Houston in '10

TexasTerror
January 5th, 2010, 09:53 AM
Confirmed...Robertson Stadium and most likely, a nationally ranked University of Houston Cougars squad will host their rivals - if you can call them that - from San Marcos...

TXST, time to represent in Houston and start getting the word out amongst your Houston alumni and fan base...

http://www.uhcougars.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/010410aaa.html

Early estimates on BFs.com says 10k. That may be difficult to get that many tickets if UH and their fans do things the right way with buying up tickets.

Sly Fox
January 5th, 2010, 11:24 AM
With Sumlin & Keenum back, I would be very surprised if Bobcat fans could manage that manage that many ducats. But this certainly would seem like a great game to bring out the SWT alumni.

TexasTerror
January 5th, 2010, 11:27 AM
With Sumlin & Keenum back, I would be very surprised if Bobcat fans could manage that manage that many ducats. But this certainly would seem like a great game to bring out the SWT alumni.

My thoughts exactly re: Bobcats' efforts are getting enough tickets...

With Keenum's rough performance in the bowl game and with the team not really accomplishing as much as one thought, you would think he would return. Too much talent to not return and he can go out as a legend - perhaps even win the second Heisman Trophy in school history.

Sumlin should return. Texas Tech, really? I know he wants to get back into Big 12 country, but I am not sure he's even the favorite there. Would think Dykes and Briles are the leading two candidates with Rufifn McNeil.

txstatebobcat
January 5th, 2010, 04:27 PM
This past year the UH vs Northwestern St had just under 23,000 in attendance. A more comparable game in UH vs SMU had just under 27,000 in attendance. To me this means that there should be plenty of room for any bobcat fan that wishes to attend the game. While IMO 10,000 would be a bit much, 7,500+ bobcat fans attending this game is very possible.

centexguy
January 5th, 2010, 04:54 PM
Confirmed...Robertson Stadium and most likely, a nationally ranked University of Houston Cougars squad will host their rivals - if you can call them that - from San Marcos...xlolx

TexasTerror
January 5th, 2010, 05:01 PM
This past year the UH vs Northwestern St had just under 23,000 in attendance. A more comparable game in UH vs SMU had just under 27,000 in attendance. To me this means that there should be plenty of room for any bobcat fan that wishes to attend the game. While IMO 10,000 would be a bit much, 7,500+ bobcat fans attending this game is very possible.

SMU was a few weeks after their loss to UTEP.

Next year, there will be a lot of momentum and energy heading into the season. But, it is an FCS opponent, so perhaps there'll be plenty of room.

SHSU brought about 3500 to Robertson Stadium during what ended up being a down year. Would expect at least 5k from TXST.

txstatebobcat
January 5th, 2010, 05:02 PM
Confirmed...Robertson Stadium and most likely, a nationally ranked University of Houston Cougars squad will host their rivals - if you can call them that - from San Marcos...xlolx

Truth be told I like our chances against the cougars then vs what originally would have been a TCU game.

slycat
January 5th, 2010, 05:31 PM
This is the first time I've seen Houston Texas State fans get really excited about a game.

I'll be there +5-10.

!0,000 seems high but 5-7.5k is a good possibility.

McNeese75
January 5th, 2010, 09:02 PM
Good thing is your secondary will get to test their wings early next year xnodx

centexguy
January 5th, 2010, 09:13 PM
Truth be told I like our chances against the cougars then vs what originally would have been a TCU game.

Actually I'll be rooting for you guys.

chrisattsu
January 6th, 2010, 09:38 AM
Good thing is your secondary will get to test their wings early next year xnodx

Yeah, that is going to be fun...However, we have a year to prepare for a pass happy team. Maybe it will be fine. right?

TexasTerror
January 6th, 2010, 10:54 AM
TXST schedule still a work in progress...

However, we were just informed that their schedule could include a "tough Southland Conference road trip" according to the San Marcos Daily Record...what's that mean? :lol:

The rest of the Bobcats’ schedule is still taking shape, but could include a rematch with Southern Utah and a tough Southland Conference road trip.

http://www.sanmarcosrecord.com/sports/local_story_006104811.html

chrisattsu
January 6th, 2010, 11:18 AM
TXST schedule still a work in progress...

However, we were just informed that their schedule could include a "tough Southland Conference road trip" according to the San Marcos Daily Record...what's that mean? :lol:

http://www.sanmarcosrecord.com/sports/local_story_006104811.html

Truthfully, I do not want to play SUU again. It is a cycle of abuse that we never seem to get ahead of.

McNeese75
January 6th, 2010, 08:22 PM
Yeah, that is going to be fun...However, we have a year to prepare for a pass happy team. Maybe it will be fine. right?

Right :D

txstatebobcat
January 7th, 2010, 01:39 AM
UH should score at will against us, but their defense isn't all that good either. This should be a much more competitive game than many people think.