PDA

View Full Version : Shawn Elliot (ASU OL Coach) to USC

KiddBrewer
January 4th, 2010, 07:56 PM
http://www.myfox8.com/news/sns-ap-fbc--scarolina-elliott,0,2687157.story
:(

Good Luck coach Elliot.....I'll miss your crazy ***.

appmaj
January 5th, 2010, 06:05 AM
Should be a big help to the gamechickens

phillyAPP
January 5th, 2010, 09:39 AM
http://www.myfox8.com/news/sns-ap-fbc--scarolina-elliott,0,2687157.story
:(

Good Luck coach Elliot.....I'll miss your crazy ***.

You are right about crazy****

He will be missed..... Good wishes for him in South Carolina... Spurrier will LOVE the excitement he brings to the GameCocks !!!

Now, i really miss him !!!!

SpeedkingATL
January 5th, 2010, 02:39 PM
Elliot really brought a lot of fire and attitude to the team that will be greatly missed. Best of luck to him with the Chickens.

ASU_Fanatic
January 5th, 2010, 09:22 PM
Yeah, he could really get us pumped..we're going to miss him and did you hear that if McNeal gets the Texas Tech job he may bring ion Wiley? I don't think Wiley is that great of a coach though. We need Satterfield's play calling back.

Head Cat
January 5th, 2010, 10:00 PM
Ask peers that have coached against Wiley's defenses if Wiley is a good coach. He is very well respected by his peers and has turned down a lot of job offers other places to remain at Appalachian State through the years. There are a lot of extremely good coaches scattered around on various staffs in FCS and Wiley is one of them.

KiddBrewer
January 5th, 2010, 10:10 PM
Ask peers that have coached against Wiley's defenses if Wiley is a good coach. He is very well respected by his peers and has turned down a lot of job offers other places to remain at Appalachian State through the years. There are a lot of extremely good coaches scattered around on various staffs in FCS and Wiley is one of them.

agreed! john wiley is a beast of a coach. and a good man. love having him on the mountain!

BarefootApp
January 5th, 2010, 10:18 PM
How will the OL recruits react to Coach Elliot's leaving? Any word or speculation? I understand we have a really good group coming in.

jonmac
January 6th, 2010, 09:48 AM
How will the OL recruits react to Coach Elliot's leaving? Any word or speculation? I understand we have a really good group coming in.

I'm not convinced linemen commit to a school because of the position coach. I'm sure they did speak to Elliott before deciding but I'd like to think they chose App State because of the overall picture; head coach, winning tradition, etc. I don't see our overall offensive scheme changing because we lose the Oline coach. There will be more chance for change because we lost Armanti and they were fully aware of that. I could be wrong though.

BarefootApp
January 6th, 2010, 11:12 AM
agreed

FCS_pwns_FBS
January 6th, 2010, 01:09 PM
Every year right before the season begins it seems like ASU fans are concerned about the OL and it never turns out to be a problem. I imagine he had something to do with that. Good luck to him.