PDA

View Full Version : Chris Hatcher will revive Murray State!

TrueBlazer
December 29th, 2009, 02:11 PM
You guys hired one of the best young coaches in the country when you hired Chris Hatcher, congratulations. I am now a big fan of the Racers!

All of the Racer's alumni and current students and fans will grow to love Hatcher.

JDC325
December 29th, 2009, 02:33 PM
Most GSU fans are pulling for and still like him unlike with VanGonad. You guys are getting a good man at the least. He needs to learn to be a bit more flexible and learn to recruit at the DIV I level a bit better but I am sure he will learn.

On a side note, It should be noted as well a majority of GSU fans though he deserved on more year even if they did not see him improving. The firing was a chicken @##$ political stunt by our outgoing Pres and our chicken little AD watched it happen.
Freely bash the GSU fans for being complicit in the the Sewak firing but nobody could have predicted the doucheness of Vancrapbag and that our Pres was a little girl who let a grudge trump common decency. So all this talk about four coaches in six years has little to with the fans being spoiled or unrealistic when the facts are known.

Laserlips
December 29th, 2009, 02:42 PM
Coach Hatcher is a fine Coach, but even more importantly, a fine gentleman....

This GSU fan wishes the good Coach, his family and assistant coaches great success at Murray State.

I believe if the MS fans will give Coach Hatcher the time he needs to get HIS offense clicking, with HIS recruits, good things will come from it.

Coach Hatcher got screwed, blued, and tatooed by the President of GSU in a classless move and many, many of the GSU fans were surprised and embarrassed by the way the whole situation was handled..

You have yourselves a great new head football coach, and I'm betting he'll do a great job for you..xthumbsupx

Best Wishes,

Jesse

Kill'em
December 29th, 2009, 09:19 PM
I completely agree with the above two posts. In my opinion, I thought big things were going to happen with Coach Hatcher but some jackasses got in the way. The Racers got a good one. Best wishes to them and the Ole Hatch Man.

ngineer
December 29th, 2009, 09:54 PM
It's been awhile since the Racers have made any waves at the I-AA/FCS level. This looks like a very good hire and could really jump start the program. Good luck!

chattanoogamocs
December 29th, 2009, 09:57 PM
Revive means the program was once alive...I am not trying to be smart, serious question...when was the last time Murray was good in football?

And let it be said, I am a fan of Coach Hatcher's...I hope he does well (he should certainly get a longer rope than he got at GSU)

Syntax Error
December 29th, 2009, 11:30 PM
Revive means the program was once alive...I am not trying to be smart, serious question...when was the last time Murray was good in football?

Murray State in the D-I Playoffs

1979 Semifinals

1986 Opening Round

1995 Opening Round

1996 Quarterfinals

2002 Opening Round

Tennessee-Chattanooga in the D-I Playoffs

1984 Opening Round

I am not trying to be smart, just the facts. xeekx

chattanoogamocs
December 30th, 2009, 12:32 AM
Murray State in the D-I Playoffs

1979 Semifinals

1986 Opening Round

1995 Opening Round

1996 Quarterfinals

2002 Opening Round

Tennessee-Chattanooga in the D-I Playoffs

1984 Opening Round

I am not trying to be smart, just the facts. xeekx

I knew how many times Chattanooga has been to the playoffs, my question was about Murray State. But thank for the classy answer.

Syntax Error
December 30th, 2009, 12:40 AM
I knew how many times Chattanooga has been to the playoffs, my question was about Murray State. But thank for the classy answer.
Like I said, just the facts. Notice that my reply to your "classy" question "when was the last time Murray was good in football" included Murray State's extensive playoff credentials. xcoffeex

Congrats on your 1000 posts at AGS!

BossEagle
December 30th, 2009, 01:16 AM
Most GSU fans are pulling for and still like him unlike with VanGonad. You guys are getting a good man at the least. He needs to learn to be a bit more flexible and learn to recruit at the DIV I level a bit better but I am sure he will learn.

On a side note, It should be noted as well a majority of GSU fans though he deserved on more year even if they did not see him improving. The firing was a chicken @##$ political stunt by our outgoing Pres and our chicken little AD watched it happen.
Freely bash the GSU fans for being complicit in the the Sewak firing but nobody could have predicted the doucheness of Vancrapbag and that our Pres was a little girl who let a grudge trump common decency. So all this talk about four coaches in six years has little to with the fans being spoiled or unrealistic when the facts are known.

+1 here, i do actually think he can recruit at the D1 level. Russel the top freshman in the land says CSN, one of Hatch's recruits

Laserlips
December 30th, 2009, 07:20 AM
JMOfartO:

Well..

I know my beloved GSU Eagles football program has been struggling now for a decade or so, and I'm sure we're at least a few years away from the "potential" for turning that sad case around, and....

I'm pretty much immune to getting upset when another SOCON member takes a whack at us and our "ancient" history of 6 National Championships and the "what have you done for me lately" crowd.

But I'll have to admit I was a bit shocked, surprised, and it even brought a smile to my old senior citizens face when I read a post on this thread where a CHATTANOOGA Moc's fan was bashing some OTHER team for THEIR past record in football.xconfusedx

I'm almost (key word here, "almost") willing to put up a small portion of my meager social security check on a bet that if you give Chris Hatcher 3 years at Murray State he will have THAT program winning more games per season than that Chattanooga school..xthumbsupx

Not trying to start a war with Chattanooga fans, as I love your city, and the aquarium is nice, and my Son loved "Rock City" and "Ruby Falls' when he was a small child, but let's face it...

Chattanooga football fans might be wise not to cast any stones at any OTHER schools history of success or lack thereof in college football..

Just sayin'...

Jesse

P.S. Please direct all classy remarks to my people. They'll get back to you if the content of the response has any merit. But, probably not.

Bam
December 30th, 2009, 07:45 AM
Welcome to the OVC Coach Hatcher. I hope your stay is short & includes several beats down by the Colonels of EKU.

paward
December 30th, 2009, 09:34 AM
Coach H will have the Mocs on the map real soon!

seantaylor
January 5th, 2010, 12:03 AM
Chris Hatcher is a D2 coach. Nothing more.

OSRacer
January 10th, 2010, 02:15 PM
Glad to have him on board. Had a chance to talk with him a few days ago and he is already beating the bushes trying to hustle together a recruiting class. Looking forward to the 2010 season already. MSU is starving for a winning football program. I think Coach Hatcher feels like he has something to prove and I'm glad he is at Murray.

Gringer1
January 10th, 2010, 02:39 PM
Chris Hatcher is a D2 coach. Nothing more.

You can debate his skills as a coach at this level all you want, but he is a good man. He gave his all for GSU, but the tyrant president had him fired over a personal grudge. The way he was let go is a disgrace.

BEAR
January 10th, 2010, 05:35 PM
Former UCA Quarterbacks coach, Buster Faulkner, has been hired as the Racers new Offensive Coordinator.

http://thecabin.net/sports/college/2010-01-09/uca-quarterbacks-coach-headed-murray-state

Looks like Hatcher is finding some real talent!xhurrayx I also guess since the NFL didn't give Nathan Brown a chancexmadx, then he might be a good candidate for Buster's old job as QB coach. xnodx

hoseman
January 10th, 2010, 06:34 PM
Appears Hatcher is getting much more money for assistants than Griffin did.