PDA

View Full Version : Hey Northeastern Fans

Big Al
December 21st, 2009, 09:11 AM
What can you tell me about this guy:

http://www.salemnews.com/pusports/local_story_352232736.html

How much time did he have on the line and what did he look like?

Husky Alum
December 23rd, 2009, 12:50 PM
He's a super nice kid. First and foremost.

I think he could use a little more time in the weight room, personally. I think we actually took a fly on the kid out of HS as his HS coach was the brother of one of our coaches. I live near Swampscott and the HS in my town is in the same league as him - I thought NU was a reach when he agreed to come here, but our coaches thought he had a ton of potential.

Swampscott is a school with very deep HS Football history. Former Buffalo Bills coach Dick Jauron played there before going to Yale, and former NU coach Barry Gallup (who recruited Doug Flutie to BC) was a star at Swampscott High.

JMUNJ08
December 23rd, 2009, 01:14 PM
What can you tell me about this guy:

http://www.salemnews.com/pusports/local_story_352232736.html

How much time did he have on the line and what did he look like?

Could they at least use the right acronym? He's not going to Northern Illinois...

State Line Liquors
December 23rd, 2009, 01:17 PM
Amazing that NIU would play in the UNI Dome.

Big Al
December 23rd, 2009, 01:27 PM
Amazing that NIU would play in the UNI Dome.

That was the most entertaining part for me -- how could they not make the connection?

Big Al
December 23rd, 2009, 01:28 PM
If weight room time is what he needs, then that's what he'll get at Northern Iowa. Brand new weight room last year and a top-notch strength coach will both see to that.

I think he could use a little more time in the weight room, personally. I think we actually took a fly on the kid out of HS as his HS coach was the brother of one of our coaches. I live near Swampscott and the HS in my town is in the same league as him - I thought NU was a reach when he agreed to come here, but our coaches thought he had a ton of potential.

Swampscott is a school with very deep HS Football history. Former Buffalo Bills coach Dick Jauron played there before going to Yale, and former NU coach Barry Gallup (who recruited Doug Flutie to BC) was a star at Swampscott High.

henfan
December 23rd, 2009, 02:08 PM

He'll fit in well with the folks in Iowa. Good choice for both parties.xthumbsupx

As bummed as I am that NU has lost FB, it's great to see these kids land on their feet. Let's hope the same for the coaching staff.

Big Al
December 23rd, 2009, 03:59 PM
He'll fit in well with the folks in Iowa. Good choice for both parties.xthumbsupx

As bummed as I am that NU has lost FB, it's great to see these kids land on their feet. Let's hope the same for the coaching staff.

Hey, how am I supposed to say disparaging things about Delawere if you're gonna do something rude like be nice? No fair playing dirty.

Minuteman87
December 24th, 2009, 01:08 PM
[QUOTE]Swampscott is a school with very deep HS Football history. Former Buffalo Bills coach Dick Jauron played there before going to Yale, and former NU coach Barry Gallup (who recruited Doug Flutie to BC) was a star at Swampscott High.[QUOTE]

He must be good, his coach at Swampscott is a former UMass player. :)