PDA

View Full Version : I just wanted to say...

Big Al
December 20th, 2009, 03:55 PM
I was wrong when I called Montana overrated after the first round of the playoffs. they acquitted themselves nicely the rest of the way. I also think they were a damn sight better in the NC game than last year's squad. They could have won it, but 'Nova had to win it so we're all subjected to another 12 months of how awesome the CAA is.

*sigh*

Interesting playoffs, over all. I honestly think that this was a very competitive field. Both Montana and Villanova had to fight past SDSU & Holy Cross in the first round, even though they were both pegged as "inferior" foes. If you take those same 16 teams and change the matchups, I bet you could very well have a completely different outcome.

I think that speaks very well to the parity in FCS football.

GrizzlyBill
December 20th, 2009, 07:44 PM
I was wrong when I called Montana overrated after the first round of the playoffs. they acquitted themselves nicely the rest of the way. I also think they were a damn sight better in the NC game than last year's squad. They could have won it, but 'Nova had to win it so we're all subjected to another 12 months of how awesome the CAA is.

Interesting playoffs, over all. I honestly think that this was a very competitive field. Both Montana and Villanova had to fight past SDSU & Holy Cross in the first round, even though they were both pegged as "inferior" foes. If you take those same 16 teams and change the matchups, I bet you could very well have a completely different outcome.

I think that speaks very well to the parity in FCS football.

Nice sentiment there Al. Interesting observation too about possible different outcome. Actually, I would certainly say that App St could have won in Missoula, and possibly beaten Villanova.

Here's to NEXT YEAR! Start the countdown.

BlackNGold
December 20th, 2009, 07:45 PM
Nice sentiment there Al. Interesting observation too about possible different outcome. Actually, I would certainly say that App St could have won in Missoula, and possibly beaten Villanova.

Here's to NEXT YEAR! Start the countdown.

xbawlingx